Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

GaryBuseysTeeth Mon 25-Feb-13 22:02:42

notso, I asked about ectopic pg back when I was 6wks & apparently that early it's unlikely to be an ectopic because the baby is too small be doing any damage to tubes/cause symptons.
According to the chart halfway down this page you're in the normal range too, so everything crossed for you.
God luck for the scan <holds free hand until the scan>

Congrats fish

Saggy, sorry about your hcg result, hope it's nothing they need to intervene in.

Hope you get a positive reply from job people asap Bear.

<waves> at everyone else, 16+2 weeks here & missing JS blush

notsoold Mon 25-Feb-13 22:37:54

Gary...holding hand....

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Tue 26-Feb-13 00:11:11

Notso I'm fairly certain when I researched the same cramps, that ectopic pain is constant, not crampy. Fingers crossed for you. Xx

Redshoes56 Tue 26-Feb-13 04:15:16

Hang in there notso. Thinking positive thoughts!

Rockchick1984 Tue 26-Feb-13 08:07:34

Notso thats what my cramps have been like - turns out it's a harmless cyst on the ovary which released the egg and is very common. It just shrinks away during the first trimester. I was so scared though that something was going wrong! Good luck for today's scan, I'm certain you will be fine thanks

Bearface Tue 26-Feb-13 15:32:57

Hope it goes okay Notso. There's no hands left so I will hold your foot instead.

notsoold Tue 26-Feb-13 16:47:19

Thanks girls!!!

bear hold my foot please.....

just back from my scan and mixed feelings really. The good news is that the yolk sac is at the right place (and not ectopic although I am still in pain). But no fetal pole was found and they said that maybe pregancy is around 5 weeks???I will have to return on the 7th March for another scan. The MW was lovely but pretty much said to me to prepare myself for the worst sad

Sorry about the me,me,me post!!!

frogchops Tue 26-Feb-13 16:58:53

Oh notso, I'm sorry. Could u have your dates wrong? Is it constant pain? Have you had any bleeding? I wouldn't have even thought to check it out if it wasn't as bad as period pain as ive been told this normal! I still get that now at 10 weeks :-/

notsoold Tue 26-Feb-13 17:05:36

frog I was told to go because the pain (although not the worse stays only o one place). I am not bleeding nor spotting but my dates can not be wrong I don't think (I wish I was...). we dtd the 25th and 26th and I ovulated around 27 to 28th....

frogchops Tue 26-Feb-13 17:13:36

I thought pain on the right side just indicated eptopic? Is the pain constant? Fx he's just got some catching up to do and it's too early for heart beat etc.

notsoold Tue 26-Feb-13 17:15:35

I thought so although I had the same during pg with DD ad constant on the left with DS...I hope you are right re being too early...

frogchops Tue 26-Feb-13 17:33:33

A combination of oving later than u thought and implanting later than u thought could all easily add up to a weeks difference. Some of us at 11/12 weeks are being put back a week when it got to dating scan just as some have gone forward! My mw at booking in...8+3... Said it was too early for heartbeat even then, so who knows!!

notsoold Tue 26-Feb-13 18:03:34

Thank you...frog xxx

Bearface Tue 26-Feb-13 18:54:53

Holding foot tenderly.

Hang in there Notso. Like Frog said, they may have got it wrong. I just had a look on Dr Google being completely unaware of everything like this and it said that it is quite normal for a fetal pole not be identified until 9 weeks. Hope this helps a bit. Sending you hugs and foot squeezes. x

frogchops Tue 26-Feb-13 19:05:40

After this little discussion/hand/foot/limb hold.... I hve now developed ridiculous pain on my right side.... And as much as I've told you not to worry, I'm getting exactly how you feel! It's quite unnerving, I'm glad I already have a Drs appt booked for tomorrow....

Bearface Tue 26-Feb-13 19:09:58

I can hold a frog leg or one of your chops for you too Frog. Hope it gets better and isn't anything sinister. x

notsoold Tue 26-Feb-13 19:16:51

I can't guarantee holding chops without eating them...but hope you feel better soon frog xx

Thanks bear xx

frogchops Tue 26-Feb-13 19:50:14

Whoosh, that was painful, it's easing now but still there...it's the kind of pain that makes you scared to stand up. Will let u now what dr says :-/ thanks for the holding, feel free to have a nibble notso there's plenty to go around.

AndieDisestablishment Tue 26-Feb-13 20:05:32

Notso I hope they're wrong. FX for next scan.
Frog Fx yours is sympathy pain.lol. Seriously though, hope you're ok.

ERTD got me yesterday. So I've got the witch and a cold in attendance while I'm trying my best to impress the NHS people during this pre-employment training. So far so good but if I get the job I'm not allowed pink hair so normal hair will have to return. Boooo.

How is everyone? Any news on that job Bear?

MrsBri Tue 26-Feb-13 20:06:00

De-lurks...sounds like round ligament pain, Frog. I got them really badly at your stage.

Notso, keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Tue 26-Feb-13 20:12:16

Sending positive vibes for everyone. Xxxx

cookielove Tue 26-Feb-13 20:50:46

Hello ladies, oh fingers crossed hand holding and hair stroking (i like this when i am worried, so clearly everyone else must) for ever one who needs it.

Thinking of you all.

smile

frogchops Tue 26-Feb-13 21:02:43

Cookie, I'm all for hair stroking, my DP used to do it lots, bless him, but recently I've been all, 'get off I'm hot, cold, hurting, crampy, tired' etc etc. I really should be nicer to him :-/

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 26-Feb-13 21:37:33

Notso, sorry the scan wasn't so reassuring, hope the next week passes quickly for you. x

frog, hope you're just having cramps, I had terrible cramps with DS..I think the first time you feel it more as everything is yet to be battered into a flabby mess grin

Andie, I had to take my purple hair back to boring ginge when I was younger (and working!) so boo! to them & boo to ERTD!

<waves at everyone else>

Fx for all being well with frog and notso.
Andie sorry about ERTD and cold, but is job pre-induction thingammy going well?
Nothing to report here - working hard (dull), still symptom spotting carrying on as normal counting the hours until 2ww is up and I can use my ics and even managed a cheeky DTD the other day, most unusual on a work night! I have noticed I've been HORNY as anything way beyond the usual 3 day window I get around ov'ing (TMI alert) [blushes]

That's not a symptom is it? IS IT? Someone hooya me...

This thread is not accepting new messages.