Out with the OPKs, ban the body temping; here's Just Shagging thread 14!

(1000 Posts)
Rockchick1984 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:04:55

Ladies, Fred title says it all; we are the ones who shag as much as our men can cope with in order to get upduffed without the stress of scientific whatnots!

Fred rules (copied from previous Fred)

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share and with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.

Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.

Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).

Viroid = This is you, dear poster. This is from the first JS thread when someone tried to type 'ladies' and it autocorrected to 'Viroids' - so there you go!

POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit). Or PIATLH (Tea light holder) PIAWG (Wine glass) or anything else you care to pee in!

Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.

Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

Contraband = Of COURSE none of us EVER partake of any silly opk's or temp charting. They are Contraband

The link to Part 13 is here

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers

Bearface Thu 21-Feb-13 21:12:35

Fish - don't feel bad - it's just one of those things where some people are really lucky and others aren't. That's life. Who knows why things happen as they do? Just be happy that you have your BFP. We're all really pleased for you. smile

Cookie - so you're late then? And feeling weepy? hmm

cookielove Thu 21-Feb-13 21:24:21

Yes late, but I am always weepy

cookielove Thu 21-Feb-13 21:56:49

Sorry meant to write more than that, but was on phone and got distracted smile

Yes i am late, if only by a few days, but last month i was over a week late and was so sure i was, just waiting for my BFP, i tested almost every other day, of course always a negative sad and then woke up one morning and there was ERTD.

I was kinda cross at my body for tricking me blush so i didn't really have my heart in it this last month, so had been telling myself to just get this month out the way and start again.

So even being late now i am still ech, i don't think so. Of course i hope i am, and i keep thinking i'm going to see those two lines, but got to be good and wait till tomorrow morning.

I always cry at the drop of a hat, adverts, BGT, anything sets me off.

Anyway i got my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

frogchops Thu 21-Feb-13 22:23:49

Congrats fish.... Didnt I say the bfn/evap line dilemma happened the same to me?!! I had a sneaky feeling when u said that! ;) annoyingly u would've prob got a bfp a few days ago on a decent test! Silly ic's!!

AndieDisestablishment Thu 21-Feb-13 23:00:49

Don't feel bad Fish we're all chuffed for you.
Cookie I cried at OBEM this week, the little boy telling his baby brother he was a cutey and kissing him. Got me.lol
Rock Yeah, I think we'll stop trying for a couple of months if I get this job and am not already pg. Start date is 13th May due to CRB checks so Occ H would be around April I think.
Thanks for all the good wishes ladies. grin

notsoold Thu 21-Feb-13 23:02:35

Cookie...fx for you tomorrow....smile

Just a quick post to share that I told dh about pg and he was cautiously happy....I know I said I wasn't going to but the mad, mad man wanted help carrying heavy furniture from ikea. So i told him among the household plants....not very romantic was it???? Still no symptoms and that is stressing me out....
Fx for all waiting and testing in near future....

fish88 Fri 22-Feb-13 08:43:04

Just proves you are never out until ERTD shows up! I had one BFN, one BFN with possible evap line, one unreliable BFP before finally getting a BFP on digital test. If I'm ever TTC again I'm going to make sure to keep a few digi's lying around to confirm. Even me and my OH couldn't read that one wrong!

Thanks for all the support guys, can I stick around here for a while with all you lovely people? Too scared to move to grads thread yet

Notso I had loads of "symptoms" last month that turned out to be BFN and then have had nothing this month, isn't it odd! Only give away this month was a white, creamy CM.

FX Cookie for you test today. I don't think I have ever watched OBEM without getting weepy! I have one recorded at the minute but I'm avoiding it for a few days. Need to get my head around being upduffed before I start freaking out about labour. confused

Bearface Fri 22-Feb-13 10:38:42

Oh Cookie - yes, I forgot about the body playing tricks on you. I can understand why you are being very cautious now. Still, it sounds hopeful. Got everything crossed for you.

Glad your DH is happy Notso. Hope you can start tentatively planning now.

ERTD seems to be drying up thankfully, so can have another go. DH and I have been doing lots of sperm research and are dosing ourselves up with vits and good food in an effort to encourage his swimmers to multiply and grow. Also got our CP at the ready to use, so looking forward to that. wink So we're still hopeful that we can turn it around and maybe one day get a BFP. Ironically, I've now got a horrid cold, but need to get myself out of my PJs and to the shops to buy something to wear to the hen tomorrow when all I want to do is go back to bed. Sheesh!

bear late to this, but massive hugs to you and huge fx that you and OH will overcome - go swimmers!

Andie woohoo! Well done lady!

fish congrats lovely, and don't feel bad - you give people like me hope, it's a good thing, not a bad one!

I'm CD21, been weepy, (but stressed at work), bloated (even tho not eating much - no appetite) but think I am symptom spotting rather than upduffed as we only DTD 3 times over ov period this month.

Rockchick1984 Fri 22-Feb-13 16:15:59

Bear have you considered using whispers OPK's to make sure you DTD at the right time? Or would that not help you? The CP - I've read loads of reviews where people haven't liked it but I actually quite enjoyed using it blush

Humpty it only takes one swimmer, so don't count yourself out just yet smile

cookielove Fri 22-Feb-13 17:20:12

BFN, but still no ertd so still in it I guess.

I'll be back in a few hours, as a kid threw up all over my legs today (yuck) and I've been dying to have a bath to get rid of the stale vomit odour I've been wearing all day.

Bearface Fri 22-Feb-13 19:10:42

Oh Cookie - I still have my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Humpty - I'm willing them on. It's frustrating though that any changes you make take three months to have any effect on the swimmers. It does mean I can go to job interviews without feeling too guilty though as I really don't expect to get upduffed for a while now. As for you, Humpty, it could still be . . . smile

Rock - <whispers back> I have and we do. I have quite long periods lasting until CD 9 usually and then I ov sometime between CD 12 and 15, so I don't know if it's long enough to get the swimmers up there in time and doing whatever they have to. I think it is, but it seems like it's quite tight for time.

One thing we are going to do is to keep it going this time so that we don't fizzle out after when we think there's ov. I'm quite looking forward to using CP blush. Never used anything before, so it's quite exciting!

Bought myself some new nail varnish and eye make-up today, along with new trousers and a top for tomorrow so feeling all spangly. Currently wearing my make-up on way to gym - going to look a tad overdressed, but I do live in Essex so probably no one will notice!

Hooya Sat 23-Feb-13 00:33:17

<unlurks> hello everyone!

Just popping in to say:

Bear so sorry about the results, it's so f**king unfair isn't it? Sperm quality does change though and you will be able to get there eventually, maybe not the way you wanted which is tough, but you WILL get there <offers unmumsnetty hugs, wafts cooling breeze towards MrBear's crotch>

notso how are you, hope you're good and not mentalling too much, don't worry about symptoms I had none at all at the beginning god I miss those days and some never get that many. Everything xed for you!

fish congrats <does bfp happydance> woohoo! Never feel bad if it happens early, anyone who has been through waiting knows how hard it is and just wants everyone to get their babies with ease! smile

cookie all the very best of luck, I had the whole BFN then BFP 2 days later with this pregnancy, so who knows!

Andie good luck with job stuff!

Red hope biz trip is going well, I think my current preg was conceived with sperm deposited pre ovulation on a biz trip to India (the dates suggest that's what happened) so it can work!

Hi to zumba and CatPuss <waves> CatPuss I MCed back in Oct and I'm duffed again now, same with a few JSing grads, all the best to you!

Hello also to Cora, Humpty and all the others I missed!

Redshoes56 Sat 23-Feb-13 04:27:26

Hello all! Business trip went really well, had some huge wins at work that I am feeling particularly thrilled about. Go corporate machine, go! Now if only my uterus could perform so well. I do think we missed the bus this month with me in a crappy hotel in a Boston suburb, sitting all alone with my pant snot, but maybe we had enough stored up as hooya did ... we shall see grin! fish congratulations! May the good luck rub off on the rest of us.

bear in the wake of crap news, you have the best effing attitude. About everything. All women should be like you! I hope that you defy the odds and get the HFP (huge, not just big) soon. You deserve it.

Redshoes56 Sat 23-Feb-13 04:47:26

notso, laughing a bit about the big IKEA reveal!

cookielove Sun 24-Feb-13 20:29:24

Hello all smile

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Sun 24-Feb-13 22:03:21

Ooh Bear I'm near Colchester. Where are you if you don't mind me asking?
Hooya thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm still waiting for the ERTD. We're DTD often, but just for fun really. I know we will get there eventually, it's just the waiting is hell!
I'm back at the EPAU on Thursday to see the doctor, hCG has stalled at about 100. sad I'm still getting a faint positive from the MC! sad

Rockchick1984 Sun 24-Feb-13 22:44:08

Cookie any news either way???

Bearface Mon 25-Feb-13 09:49:53

Sorry Saggy, but I'd rather not say as I'd rather remain incognito! Sorry that you're still getting a faint positive. sad

You look happy Cookie! Any news?

Thanks Red and Hooya - what lovely messages. smile I don't feel like I've got the best attitude, but I'm trying, so thanks.

Done my job app and now waiting to hear. Should find out this week if I've got an interview. Bites nails frantically I know that we should be able to get help on the NHS should we need it, but I'm aware now of the need for a bit more money in case we need to go beyond the confines of the NHS in the future. Eek!

frogchops Mon 25-Feb-13 10:38:50

Have just seen tht its fertility week on This Morning....there's a feature every day this week looking at fertility related issues not sure about today, but I'm sure tomorrow was about people who have been trying for a long time and Wednesday about low sperm counts etc...can't remember about thurs and fri, just thought it might be interesting??

cookielove Mon 25-Feb-13 19:23:18

Nope no news really, no bfp tested yesterday and no ertd either I checked my cycle length last time it was 39 days my usually length is 25-27 so counted last one as a blip. So not sure if my cycle is changing and if it is then my period is actually due on the 9th. Does that make sense.

I am quite happy though smile
I am in my dori bubble instead of 'just keep swimming' I think 'just keep shagging' grin

SaggyOldClothCatpuss Mon 25-Feb-13 19:48:24

That's ok Bear. grin I'd have kept your secret though! wink

notsoold Mon 25-Feb-13 20:53:40

Yesterday I started having cramps about 6pm....not so painful as periods cramps but only on my right side.
No other symptoms and otherwise well...
I went to epu today and because I am 6+2 they dod some blood tests and told me to come home. They thought that at 6+2 a heartbeat might not showed in a scan and I would stress even more...
The epu phoned tonight and told me to book a scan tomorrow and that the hcg result was 5163...
Should I be worried???
Can it be ectopic with that result??
Ps I am 41..

cookielove Mon 25-Feb-13 21:19:30

notso
I really have no clue, but wanted to say hope it all turns out ok and offers a ((hug)) and hand holding.
Hopefully this will give it bump for someone more knowledgeable to come along.

notsoold Mon 25-Feb-13 21:45:27

Cookie...holding hand...

This thread is not accepting new messages.