TTC#3 Anyone who is care to join me?

(381 Posts)
QueenofClean Sun 27-Jan-13 11:41:59

We actively started TTC#3 yesterday. I have a DD1 who is almost 8yrs & DD2 who is 13 months.

Scared about going from 2-3 but excited at same time grin

Cycle1 BFP due15th Feb.

WhenYouHearThatFireAlarm Thu 21-Feb-13 11:03:17

Waves to all smile seems as though we all have good approach to #3 project! Lots of dtd at more or less the right time is a great start! I really don't know what the ewcm stuff means at diff times, I have more now tmi......euuuugh! But am due af next week and thought ov was last week?! Now wondering if actually ov late, and concerned as even if dtd then not long enough before af for implantation, read that luteal phase needs be about 12 days or so. Hmmmm. Metime I think I have seen a similar website! Was indeed informative. Sorry to say I poas again yest!! Bfn no surprise! Still a bit early so will try another stick before af due. Thought I saw a line as test was running and then line on control window took ages appear and was right over to the side rather than in the middle like usual, was weird, sure means nothing tho!

BamBam21 Fri 22-Feb-13 09:55:28

Hi everyone! I hope you are all fine. I am useless at keeping up with threads!blush

I try to ignore all the EWCM etc FireAlarm. Almost three years of obsessively checking, monitoring etc, and the when I finally thought, "Oh sod it, this is never going to happen", we conceived DS2! Fingers crossed that you are upduffed though, and just tested a bit early.smile

CD19 (or thereabouts) for me today. We only DTD once at roughly the right time this month, so I can't see a BFP for me this month. It's not over 'til the Evil Red Witch sings though!grin

metimeatlast Sat 23-Feb-13 19:22:44

hi ladies, how are we all?
well its 10days for me before AF is due, we dtd 5+6 days ago which according to the ovulation calendar which said 10-16 days is approx ovulating time based on a 28day cycle. and for the past 2 /3 days ive been wiped out, in bed by 8pm, last night had mild pains in my ovaries, today had to swap bras, as my old trustee ones have given me shoulder ache for 2 days! and today TMI when i went to the loo my cm was slightly stained between red/brown. so im hoping with all my heart that these are some good signs!?

Newtothisstuff Sat 23-Feb-13 22:43:12

Anyone experienced implantation pains?? , it's 8 days until AF is due and my womb feels like its about to explode, my boobs are killing too !! !!

toffee01 Sun 24-Feb-13 12:08:46

Metime sounds quite promising! I hope it's a BFP for you.
I kind of remember implantation pains New, from my last 2 pregnancies, the first one was kind of a stabbing pain, and I had to lie down, and I also felt a pressure in my (tmi) rectum.

I went to the doctors about it and he thought I had PCOS at the time and said it could have been a cyst bursting, but looking back I think it was implantation.

For the second one, I felt a quick stabbing pain again, while I was dancing (confused) but that passed quite quickly.
I suspected when that happened that I was pg but looking back, I think it was implantation.

I'm on CD 18 and we did it on CD 14, 16 and 17 around my OV. I had EWCM on CD13 up to CD17. That's weird isn't it? Normally that stringy CM doesn't last that long?
I woke up in the middle of the night on CD15 with a pain in my left ovary which I associate with OV, but we hadn't done it that night, so I hope the surrounding times we did it were sufficient.
My nipples are sore and I feel nauseous, but I am not banking on that AT ALL, as it's happened before and I wasn't pg.
I'll wait and see now. I'm expecting my period in about 10 to 14 days, depending on the length of the cycle.
But if I ovulated on day 15, that means AF should turn up on about day 30?
Is that correct?

BamBam21 Mon 25-Feb-13 09:40:19

Ooh good luck toffee and metime! I hope it will be BFPs all round!smile

Newtothisstuff - are you me?grin AF is due in a week, and on Saturday night I was kept awake for ages with a really sore pain, really low down and spreading out to the sides. Ever since I have had dull, AF type aches but no spotting etc. Boobs are starting to get a bit sore too. Like the silly arse I am, I did a test last night (not even an early result one!blush) but BFN of course. Also feel a bit sick and sweaty, and couldn't sleep last night, but I often get that before AF anyway. It's more the strange pain on Saturday that is confusing me, as I have never had that before.

toffee01 Mon 25-Feb-13 13:23:37

Never mind Bam, it's probably too early. Do you reckon that weird pain was implantation then?
I'm probably symptom spotting but, I have noticed that my nipples were red the other day, and sore, and now I have noticed little brown bumps on them.
I'm not sure if they have always been there though. But I know I had a lot of them when I was pregnant.
Any thought on that?
Bam I also got period type cramps on saturday (which was CD15).
Anyway it's probably nothing, let's not raise my hopes up sad
I will not do a test though, I have promised myself, until AF turns up.

toffee01 Mon 25-Feb-13 13:23:57

Sorry I meant to say, until after AF is due.

Hi everyone - so jealous of all you who will be going over to the 'due' thread. Was shocked when I got AF - I stupidly thought we would just get pregnant straight away.

It's silly isn't it - when we decide we want something these days we just go out and get it - but can't bloody do that with TTC!

Was thinking of buying one of those ovulation kit things to see when I ovulate but DH says he doesn't want to turn it into a big to do - think he is worried about the pressure getting to him - but if I don't know when I bloody ovulate we will have to be at it like rabbits - which is not what I need at the moment!

Fingers crossed for you toffee and bam.

toffee01 Mon 25-Feb-13 18:19:21

Madame I know what you mean, I kind of think I'm gonna be pregnant now, that it only takes a month.
I forget than even when I was younger (31) it took 3 months! And even longer (9 months) when I was even younger (26), although that time we weren't trying.
So I'm sure this time it will take a few goes.
Madame why don't you buy one anyway? You don't have to tell your DH when you are ovulating so that he won't feel pressurised, but at least you will have some sort of clue?
I keep having that niggly feeling in my right ovary, just like I had when I was pregnant the 2 previous times. It's like a stich.

Newtothisstuff Mon 25-Feb-13 18:44:31

Haha BamBam.. I tested today and got a big fat negative..I've been rather grumpy today too hmm I'm feeling AF is defo on its way although not due for 6 days ! Better luck next month, ill keep my fingers well and truly crossed for you

metimeatlast Mon 25-Feb-13 19:21:15

ohh good luck toffee and bambam fingers crossed!
i just cant shift these weird feelings in my stomach, its like the iminent witch is on her way! Im trying to keep myself in check though besides the symptom spotting as its only our 1st month ttc, and not only that its also only weeks 4-5 of actually studying my body routines, so for all i know these silly twinges and possible signs that im now experiencing may well happen every month, just that i havent noticed it until now!
I still cant shift the bad shoulder though sad
madame id defo go n buy the opk without discussing it if it will help! like others have said, then you will have a better idea and hubby doesnt need to know, just put it down to womens things! as most men arent into the when why where how, just the wehey! grin iyswim.
best of luck girlies, and now its countdown time....
there should be a sits and taps fingers emoticon lol

pixie0602 Tue 26-Feb-13 08:40:06

Hi mind if I join in? Am ttc #3 but actually it's out 1st time actually trying ad dd1&2 were surprises blush

BamBam21 Tue 26-Feb-13 09:58:51

Hi pixie! Welcome to the thread. Have you been TTC#3 for long? How old are your dds?

Fingers still crossed for you toffee. Not sure about the nipple thing, as mine didn't change at all until later in pg, but you never know. I think some people experience changes sooner than others.

Newtothis I also feel like AF could turn up any time. Ever since the pain on Saturday night, I have had a heavy, dragging feeling very low down. No sign of any spotting yet, which I always get for 3 days or so before AF turns up. Due on Sunday, so will just have to be patient!

Madame yes I think you should give the OPKs a go even just for a couple of months, so that you feel in control of when you ov etc. I reckon TTC (esp if it takes a while) can really mess with your head, and it helps massively if you feel you have even a tiny bit of control.

Where is Queen these days? Wasn't she to go to the doctor if AF hadn't turned up? Come back and see us Queen!*

*Disclaimer - I am rubbish at following threads, so apologies if I have missed something!grin

Rainbowsandpotsofgold Tue 26-Feb-13 11:12:45

Thanks for the welcome bam bam.. We're only on our 1st month ttc#3. My dds are 11 and nearly 7... But this will be dh first. Finding it all a bit overwhelming didn't realise it was such a science shock

Rainbowsandpotsofgold Tue 26-Feb-13 11:13:38

Sorry name change... Just to confuse things <insert evil laugh here>wink

toffee01 Tue 26-Feb-13 12:43:48

Hi rainbow welcome! So you will have quite a big gap too then, my DD is 8 and DS 5 (nearly 6). Are you hoping for a DS? Or not fussed?

Thanks Bambam, you're probably right, the nipple thing is probably nothing.

I'm imagining all those symptoms I'm sure. Do you know why I'm sure?

Because I stupidly POAS and got a BFN sadsadsad

I know I promised myself that I wouldn't until AF was due but I bought the test from the pound shop and couldn't help myself, I thought I would only lose one pound.
AF is due in 7 to 10 days, I know it's still early to test but surely there would be some kind of a line. Here: nothing, just a blank white window.

I had really convinced myself that I was this month sad

I know it's the first month and all that but... I was kind of hoping...

BamBam21 Tue 26-Feb-13 13:08:48

Oh toffee, join me in the "prats that POAS too early" club!grin Really though, it is too early, so don't be totally put off. I am telling myself that too, after POAS this morning (Clearblue) and getting BFN. It's meant to be 56% accurate 4 days before AF, which would mean Thursday at the earliest for me.

Lovely new name rainbows - it's sure to bring you luck!smile I have a big gap between DS1(9) and DS2(1) too. It's lovely really. Not sure how I will cope if we get lucky and have a small age gap! Would you like a DS or another DD, or not bothered? <whispers - I would love a DD next time>

toffee01 Tue 26-Feb-13 13:24:44

Yes bambam, I am definitely a PRAT!!
It has put me off, and I had completely convinced myself I was, I have that twinge thing in my right ovary which I only every got with my two previous pregnancies, I have painful breasts (unusual for me, normally it's just my nipples after (TMI) sex), and I have permanantly sticky out nipples.
Very very erect, all.the. time!
So that's why I was very hopeful. Who knows, maybe that test was wrong (hopeful).

Rainbowsandpotsofgold Tue 26-Feb-13 13:35:17

Bam bam and toffee.. Are you worried about the age gap? It's like starting all over again... Just when I've got some sort of life back confused finally got a job I enjoy and a teeny tiny social life ( I work for dh so that's not a big deal really- just worries me that ill have to go back to work a couple of hours a week pretty much straight after I have the baby). If love a ds but that's a secret shhhhwink

BamBam21 Tue 26-Feb-13 13:44:27

I will keep everything crossed for you toffee. (Adopts very wobbly yoga-type pose!) It certainly sounds like something is going on. TBH I reckon I am probably out this month, as my main symptom with both pregnancies was no symptoms! I always get all the usual AF aches and pains, but nothing at all when I was actually pg. But maybe as it's only a year since DS2 was born, things would be different.confused

Rainbows I was a bit worried about the big age gap, but it's actually lovely. DS1 is a great help and adores his wee brother, and the wee one lights up whenever he sees him. The only thing I feel bad about is that DS1 had such a long time getting all the attention, and I think that sometimes he feels a bit put out, but it never lasts long and will change as DS2 gets more mobile and independent.

<we won't tell a soul!wink>

WhenYouHearThatFireAlarm Tue 26-Feb-13 14:04:53

Hello everyone, toffee I also poas twice today and bfn! Such pants. Af due in four days and I used frer so am faintly hoping it just too early and wasn't fmu but have been getting af type achey back I sometimes get so trying to psych self up for march instead, just wish af would show up and go so can have another try, am worried too many months passing and age gaps widening and me getting older!
Bambam I am the same no af symptoms when testing first two pregs and I just knew! Now days its symptom spotting crazy lady and trying not to get too down every month that passes with no bfp. Any tips ladies on coping with this? Am usually ok once it starts, it's just those couple days before when I have awful cramps and I just know its bfn!

Rainbowsandpotsofgold Tue 26-Feb-13 14:13:13

Bam bam. I'm glad ds1 is good with 2.. My two are the same but dd1 is getting to be such a moody little sod... I really shouldn't call her little shes as tall as me (5ft4 and a size 8blush)... Dd2 will be fantastic I think she's brill with my friends 10 month old ds....

Keeping everythin crossed for everyone who's testing xx

toffee01 Tue 26-Feb-13 14:28:34

OOh! Sweet! I know my DD would be fantastic with a 3rd!
This morning she woke up and said: "I had a dream that you gave birth to a little boy and I went to see him a the hospital and we were going to take him home, but then I woke up. It was a good dream but I was not happy that it wasn't real"
Oh bless her! Yesterday out of the blue she said: Mummy you're pregnant! I was very surprised but then she said "Daddy you're pregnant too!", I think she sarcastically meant that we are fat!
It's weird because we hardly talk about that to her, apart from once ages ago when I asked her if she would like a little brother or sister.

I wonder if she senses something.

Rainbowsandpotsofgold Tue 26-Feb-13 14:41:00

Aww bless that's so sweet.. My dd1 knew I was pregnant with dd2 when my ex p DEAD grandfather told her!! But that's a story for a different day!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now