Elderberry Pavlovas And The Eternal Sausage of Wang (Part 4): a frightfully good thread for the over-30s TTC their first baby.

(996 Posts)
viviennewestwould Fri 25-Jan-13 18:58:59

Over here, sausage-wangers!

captainmoll Fri 01-Feb-13 21:21:51

Happy sounds like you have an excellent GP. In my small experience, that is a good part of the battle won already.

Pipbin Japan Fri 01-Feb-13 21:25:34

Evening ladies. Still with AF here, seems to be much longer than usual by which I mean 5 days rather than 3.
Off to see two houses tomorrow. I'm actually bored of looking at houses now.

Other than that I have nothing to add to the thread really.

Bunnygirlie Fri 01-Feb-13 23:17:52

Happy house hunting pip

Just got back from watching Les Mis, lovely date night with hubby, glass of wine and nibbles in the cinema, dead posh! Very emotional though, not sure that was a good idea lol

Gosh pip 3 day af sounds lovely. Good luck with the house hunting, know it can be a tedious task at times, but a little gem might pop up today.

bunny cycle buddy! Your date sounds great. My bloke is ill and is really suffering so it's not looking great for this cycle (CD10 here)

happy, good news about nice doc potentially fudging the dates for you.

grin boodle that's hilarious! The whole thread is a corker.

Bunnygirlie Sat 02-Feb-13 10:16:28

Sorry to hear that thunder we were ill all Dec so that was crappy!

CD8 here and first deed done, hopefully DTD throughout the month rather than just round ov will take the pressure off for us.

Quick question on positions, reverse cowgirl is OHs fav position and best for him to finish if you know what I mean. But I have read stuff about girl on top not being good, just googled it and found one article about girl on top being best for penetration, so confusing! What do you think?

GailPlattsChin Sat 02-Feb-13 10:22:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GailPlattsChin Sat 02-Feb-13 10:24:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Bunnygirlie Sat 02-Feb-13 10:27:17

Welcome back! Why the name change? Are you in witness protection wink

Aquarius1 Sat 02-Feb-13 11:30:36

[whispers] welcome back Gail - i just had to google that as i didn't know who she was and am now chortling to myself.... grin

i think i'm only 9 dpo but not too sure to be honest. i had an awful dream that I was supposed to be babysitting new born twins but they were all floppy and I didn't know what to feed them with... does that mean i'm pg & having twins? wink i often have anxiety dreams about not knowing how to look after babies...

Boodle9 Sat 02-Feb-13 12:54:13

Well hello, "Gail" if that is in fact your real name. wink Bunny, do you recommend Les Mis ? I'd like to see it but I'm not sure there's enough blow jobs money in the world the world that would drag my DH there! (Snorted at your witness protection comment too!)

As for TTC-compatible positions, surely if he ejaculates within a 3-foot range of your fanjo, you'll fall pregnant instantly? (Am channelling my year 9 sex ed teacher here) This is the reason I have not got pregnant yet; my DH keeps reaching climax on the curtains.

In reality, the general approach at our house is take it in turns to choose the position (yes, it is a proper sex democracy) except around 2-3 days leading up to ov, where I insist on classic missionary so I can laze around for half an hour afterwards, reading classics of course! I very much doubt it makes any difference though, and if reverse cowgirl is what he likes, then I'd stick with that mostly - maybe just mix it up once or twice around ov?

It's a lovely sunny day here - is it the same for all of you? I would like to go out and enjoy it but DH has buggered off for a few hours. He thinks he's watching the rugby when he gets back, but not without accompanying me out for a nice stroll!

captainmoll Sat 02-Feb-13 14:04:45

Hello <ahem> Gail my what a mighty bratwurst you have there..

Re positions, i go by the principle that quality orgasms for both parties is the most important thing, so what ever stands the best chance of getting you there really. You can always do the legs-up gravity dance after.

I loathed les mis, longest 15 hours of my life. But then I'm a cynical cow so don't mind me!

navis176 Sat 02-Feb-13 16:06:59

I agree with the others - I don't think the position matters as long as a successful conclusion is reached (so to speak grin). Then try doing a headstand or some such grin

I would complain about being p***ed off today - it's snowing so I couldn't see properly so was skiing like a numpty....but that's hardly a major problem in the grand scheme of things, so if that's the best I can come up with to complain about I should slap myself round the face with some kind of wurst...hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend

Bunnygirlie Sat 02-Feb-13 17:15:04

Oooh Aquarius what a weird dream.

Boodle I haven't seen the stage show of Les Mis but hubby has twice in his previous life so he didn't wanna see it but I persuaded him and we both loved it! (and both cried)

Ref positions, yep i jump straight off and lie on my back for half hour with cushion under my hips! Fingers crossed a week of this will do the trick (pleeeeeeeeeeease mother nature), like you said its what gets him to conclusion that matters I guess. And foreplay has deffo gone out the window!

Been lovely sunny day here but very cold, hubby out watching rugby at the local ground and then watching England rugby in the pub so just home alone chilling today!

captainmoll Sat 02-Feb-13 18:52:08

I once dreamt I had a baby that had david tennant's face. He kept demanding what his name was. I had no idea, and eventually, in desperation, I said "Rory Peacock! I'm calling you Rory Peacock!". He looked at me all sneery and said "that's a fucking stupid name." At which point I woke up, feeling very inadequate.

I also had a dream where I gave birth to twin boys. The doctor took them away, and on enquiry I was told he had named them David and Cameron. I was so angry I woke myself up with the rage! Stupid doctor. angry

GailPlattsChin Sat 02-Feb-13 21:20:48

Aquarius1 Sat 02-Feb-13 21:37:41

captain that's hilarious about your dreams - disturbing but hilarious! I try &see the funny side in mine or else I'd think I was mad (probably am)

navis v jealous of you skiing

bunny hi ho silver

So far I've spent this w/e eating pâté, raw fish, Chinese food and the odd glass of fizz (courtesy of other people's catering - couldn't say no) guess no point avoiding these things til one is with child....

Boodle9 Sat 02-Feb-13 21:38:12

Captain I like to pride myself the weird dreams I have, but yours are giving me quite an inferiority complex! grin at Rory Peacock! Dream baby judges you!

Aquarius1 Sat 02-Feb-13 21:41:42

gail Saturday nights in are for watching box sets or playing on the wii. Actual Tv is really rubbish. I've been watching Heroes and consequently dreaming of having superpowers....and Peter petrelli grin

Bunnygirlie Sat 02-Feb-13 22:11:40

Woah captain those dreams are peculiar!

Hell yeah to the box sets aquarius we are currently working our way through Supernatural, some excellent eye candy and dream fodder :-)

Just watching Coyote Ugly, another pretty boy

navis176 Sat 02-Feb-13 23:03:22

oooo I love Heroes....currently working through Homeland but might need to move to that next!

GailPlattsChin Sat 02-Feb-13 23:08:45

happylass Australia Sat 02-Feb-13 23:36:39

Welcome back Gail whoever you may be wink

Had a lovely day viewing potential wedding venues and watching the rugby with some freebie tickets even though Wales were shocking

Slightly over indulged on the booze though so off to bed to kick start shag week. Night MNters

sazzababs Sun 03-Feb-13 08:34:45

Toddles in with some sausage rolls
Can I come back? I was a girly pain in the erse a wee while back and left as this whole shagging for a reason was starting to get to me just a tad! Decided to go all sciency this month (and the next 5 million), so I'm armed with piss-sticks and a thermometer... This also means that even when I DON'T have to be up at 6.30am for work in still up :/ Arse-biscuits!!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying their Sunday while I'm pissing about at work XD

GailPlattsChin Sun 03-Feb-13 09:19:04

Bunnygirlie Sun 03-Feb-13 10:48:57

I cannot believe Viv got banned, what whiney old bags!!!! confused

Happy Sunday peeps! What are we all up to today then?

FX for all those awaiting BFP soon, and happy DTDing to my cycle buddies grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now