BFP wishes will come true

(1000 Posts)
RedRobin1 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:12:46

Hopefully this is the last thread we start and all our dreams and wishes come true.

resipsa Fri 18-Jan-13 23:23:10

Ah, when sorry. Have walked in those "maybe" shoes too many times (but never learn how not to fall from a great height). Hope shower snowed off or not too painful.
Fx winkle.
My DM started chemo this week so TTC taking a back seat in thought if not in action (CD6 & counting) plus it's nephew's birthday tomorrow + DD's 2nd on Sunday so lots to distract until CD14+.

resipsa Fri 18-Jan-13 23:28:15

PS Hi RIBS great news. Am v jealous. 14 weeks = not yet fat, probably no more sickness and happy scan! Lucky you! Congrats!

Thingymajigs Sat 19-Jan-13 06:51:46

So sorry when. sad This process seems so unfair at times.
I loved your rant about a "Gillian Mckeith inspired Puritan nightmare." Had me giggling into my wine glass last night. So hope the baby showers aren't too tough for you. I had no idea that baby showers were actually a thing in the UK now.

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 19-Jan-13 08:33:07

Thanks thingy. I don't often rant not actually true but I was really pissed off with the whole don't drink anything ever. Especially when dd was conceived in a fog of booze and six month previously I had been very good.

I don't think baby showers are a big thing yet. A lot of the mums I met when I had dd are pregnant with their second. We threw a small one for one mum who was due in Nov and it seems a bit cruel not to do one for three who are due within a week of each other.

I was waiting for someone else to offer but no on did angry. Have told the mums who are expecting its a play date at mine I hate the phrase play date almost as much as yummy mummy. We have just got them some chocolates and an M&S voucher to spend on ready meals when the baby gets here.

Sorry when - that really flipping sucks sad

res - hope your mum does ok with the chemo, and happy bday to your DS

Fx winkle

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHopeful Sat 19-Jan-13 11:22:34

resipsa sorry. I was so busy bitching about af I completely neglected to wish your mother well. Hope she is ok.

ttc is turning me into a self centred cowbag

twinklestar2 Sat 19-Jan-13 12:31:21

Wishing your mother well, res, and big hug to you if needed. Don't care if its unmumsnetty.

resipsa Sat 19-Jan-13 14:14:19

Thanks for wishes but TBH she's fine and driving me mad as been retired + living alone so long that no concept of fitting in with working people's lives!!! In fact, she & DD have a lot in common grin. Let's hope I remember when I'm older + DD has toddler that I shouldn't wait for her to get home with own toddler after a day at work and only then tell her what has run out in the house! I'm not a cow, really, I just think a week is too long!!!

Hope everyone has a good w/end.

when glad I don't go to your GP. This week DH and I have sunk 3 bottles of wine and a handful of beers each and it's not Sat night yetsmile

resipsa Sat 19-Jan-13 14:17:13

And when truly feeling your pain. The domino effect is starting here; it seems DD's friends' mums are announcing no 2 on way with scary regularity. Soon I'll be the only one with just 1 hmm

Visited my friend and her newborn twins today. Our DSs were born 8 weeks apart and last summer we were pg together with her due in Jan and me due in Feb. Then I had mc and tbh i've been dreading her babies arriving cos i was worried i'd feel envy and resentful, which is obviously v unfair towards them. Being pg again did help a bit but only 11 weeks now and i still just cant shake the paranoia about whether things will work out or not. It was nice getting some baby cuddles tho smile Back in bed nursing my nausea now and hiding from slushy snow. How's everyone? Any news winkle?

lyndsey90 Sat 19-Jan-13 19:19:08

Anyone had dry/hoarse throat during 2ww, I'm 12dpo and trying not to symptom spot...

twinklestar2 Sat 19-Jan-13 20:02:44

No news here!

winkle - no news hopefully good news!

fatasbutter Sun 20-Jan-13 09:14:42

Go winkle <waves flag and cheers on frantically!>

SunshineOutdoors Sun 20-Jan-13 10:02:10

Hi res just catching up and I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Hope all goes as well as it can.

weechops Sun 20-Jan-13 10:55:01

Ooh winkle fingers tightly crossed for you!

Res really sorry for your mum. Hope she doesn't find the chemo too hard.

Well in weechops land its all about the potty training! I think I was just really lucky with dd as she got it within 3 days. Ds however is really stubborn and is refusing to give up his nappy! I`m thinking I may just leave it til dh is home again or I won't be able to leave the house.wee pest he is.

fatasbutter Sun 20-Jan-13 11:15:33

wee how old is he? My ds is 2.5 and he doesn't seem to be ready at all! I'm not even trying yet but have just bought 'potty training for boys' to read in preparation - he may be 3 before we try!!

fatas - we have potty training for boys too and it suggests around 27 months. DS is 28 months now and although he likes the potty and also the toilet he doesn't seem to understand that the toilet/potty isn't just an optional thing lol going to leave it for a month and try again!!

Thingymajigs Sun 20-Jan-13 12:55:06

It's so strange reading about potty training. Especially since my youngest is now 9! I'm going through all the joys of my eldest reaching his teen years (he's nearly 6 foot tall at 12yo) and yet I'm also trying for a baby. I don't think I remember much of the early years so I'll be starting from scratch. I think it has just hit me. It will be so lovely to complete our family though.
Everyone having a good weekend? Any news from twinkle? I'm cooking a big Sunday roast for extended family and then I'm off to see Life of Pi later so I better crack on.

RedRobin1 Sun 20-Jan-13 12:56:13

Sorry about your mum res hope the chemo goes well.

winkle what dpo are you today? Fx for you - really really really hope this is your month.

thingy - i work with troubled teens and im so much more at home with teenage hormones than I am with potty training lol oh well we'll get there in the end!!

weechops Sun 20-Jan-13 17:04:22

fatas he's 2.6. Really clever wee guy but he just doesn't want to! I had him sitting on it literally all day yesterday and he peed twice, but wanted his nappy on to poo. I said no, so he just didn't poo til this morning! I don't want to stress him out about it so i think it's best to leave it a bit. I'm all 'oh ok then ds mummy will just keep the stickers all to herself' and he's like 'ok' hmm
And this morning he wanted a clean nappy on and was getting a bit upset, which is no use so I'm happy to go at his pace for now. (while thinking ofgs just peeeeeeeee!!!)
And to top today off, I lost my bank card and only realised while looking for it to pay at the supermarket checkout angry

fatasbutter Sun 20-Jan-13 17:32:26

Oh no wee that is very annoying - I really hope your bank can sen you replacement soon - it's impossible to function without one (well for me! I never have cash!)

Yes my ds is the same (by 2.5 I mean 2 and a half - in fact he's nearly 2 and 7 months!) he is such a bright little button but doesn't give a s**t (pardon the pun!!) about potties and toilets! I've tried some emotional bribery too but of course book says never do this so now I'm back to waiting til he feels like it! I'm hoping when I do start I can do it over the weekend (when dh is there too) and then pass him over to nursery for mon-weds!! Hopefully by the thurs he'll be well into it wink (am also totally sure that any cunning plans I have will be scuppered - if there's one thing having dc does is make you realise how easy your plans are to decimate!! wink)

My only goal is to get DS out of nappies before newbie arrives. T minus 29 weeks!

resipsa Sun 20-Jan-13 19:44:59

Hi guys. Warning - more me, me, me.

Was DD's 2nd b'day today. She had a ball + is sound asleep. I was so content until 2 mins ago when a friend who came to the party sent a text to say thanks and to let us know that she's expecting in July. Am now crying in the kitchen. Hate the fact that TTC seems to affect everything and I can't box it off...

Hope everyone else has a good weekend.

This thread is not accepting new messages.