BFP wishes will come true

(1000 Posts)
RedRobin1 Thu 06-Dec-12 09:12:46

Hopefully this is the last thread we start and all our dreams and wishes come true.

SantaKittenClaws Thu 27-Dec-12 10:00:48

Bloddy bastarding AF twinkle and red - I am angry on your behalf! Hope she does one soon and you can both start the new year on fresh new cycles - 2013 will be THE year for both of you, I know it!

fatas I'm feeling your pain on the family front - I asked my mum for a new calendar for christmas (kind of a tradition), and she's bought a bloody Family Planner one - the kind with loads of columns for you to write mum/dad/the kids names in!! She got lots of hmmhmm looks from me. Well done you for containing yourself when your MIL started.

littlemiss and monthly glad you're both hanging in there, fx you can both settle into it and worry less soon.

Hope everyone's had a lovely Christmas!

weetinselchops Thu 27-Dec-12 10:08:11

red 2013 is soooo going to be our year.

We had a lovely Christmas, just me dh and the 2 monsters for dinner smile First time I've ever just cooked for us 4! Went to hospital to see my dad, then popped over to dh family (who are lovely so no dramas) and had some games, then back home, monsters in bed and snuggled with dh. Happy day smile

I think I'm around 6dpo but I'm feeling a loit more relaxed this month. Maybe just because dh is here for 4 weeks this time! Anyhoo, not stressing.

RedRobin1 Thu 27-Dec-12 10:19:32

Thanks girls. I am okay. Had prepared myself for it already so handling it better.

2013 has got to be our year! I don't think I can survive this torture longer.

We have decided to try for another two months and then take a break for a month or so.

Sounds like a lovely Christmas wee!

Oh red ... Grr at AF angry That really sucks, so hope this is the last af you'll see for a very long while

kitten - argh at your MIL!!

7+5 now, no more bleeding, feeling sick again (just stopped wretching five mins ago after this mornings session) but stupidly keep reminding myself that everything was ok the last time too until after 8 weeks. Next scan is on Wed tho so hopefully that will go ok and maybe then I can start to relax slightly

Thingymajigs Fri 28-Dec-12 10:21:57

Glad to hear everything is ok with you little
Not so great about the BFN's and AF's showing up over Christmas though. 2013 will be out year though definitely. smile
I am so fat after Christmas. I stopped counting calories and went a bit crazy. Daren't stand on the scales but I imagine I'm now 7-10 lbs heavier. Time to get back to normality and put down the Mince Pies. Didn't manage a completely booze free Xmas as I drank a small glass of Rose but I'm not counting that. My temp has dropped massively so I'm ovulating today but DP is still asleep. Can't blame him though because he slept on the floor so I could stay in bed with ds2 who had badly bumped his head. Still, I feel like waking him up by announcing my imminent ovulation. I'm sure he'll love that.
How's everyone doing? Still in lazy Christmas mode or already taking down the decorations and putting the fitness DVD's on?

thingy Def still in lazy xmas mode! Til I make it to 12 weeks lol Got my pregnancy fitness dvds awaiting but not til I make it out of first tri. House is a state!! Hopefully won't be feeling so ill tomorrow and can make a start into it, but not taking xmas decorations down til new years day smile Now give DP a shake and tell him sorry you had to sleep on the floor darling but it's time to get busy!

SantaKittenClaws Fri 28-Dec-12 10:54:10

Oh god thingy I totally agree, I have GOT to step away from the food!! The problem is our fridge is crammed full of leftovers and yummy Christmassy treats, and the house generally is full of crisps and chocolates and biscuits - I don't think we've had an actual proper cooked meal since Christmas dinner! Blurgh. I've definitely passed my junk limit though - have been at work yesterday and today and have barely eaten a thing kind of. I've also drank (drunk?) way more alcohol than I was intending too but I refuse to feel bad about it because if I get to next week and get a BFN anyway then I'll feel like I wasted Christmas. January is detox month though - xmas decs come down new years day, and as part of that I shall be boxing up all junk food and taping it up until February - eek! grin

twinklestar2 Fri 28-Dec-12 11:06:10

Still in Xmas mode here. Am at MIL's for a couple of days, meeting up with friends today, family again on Saturday then seeing friends again on Sunday so I'm not giving up food or drink till the new year.

Then it's no smoking, drinking and back to organic food and exercise!

Thingymajigs Fri 28-Dec-12 11:16:08

I'm waiting til New Years to take down the decorations too. It takes long enough to put the tree up so I insist we make the most out of it.
I didn't think it was possible to eat so much that you didn't feel like eating the next day but I've actually managed it. It's nearly midday and I still feel full from yesterday.
I'll join you with a detox next month. I'm even going to give up my nightly hot chocolate and a biscuit for a month. Wow, January is going to be depressing but we can do it! Not yet though, there's still a piece of chocolate log left. smile
Right, I'm impatient, time to wake DP.

Had an amazeballs hot chocolate last night! We've more or less managed to eat outselves out of house and home (finaly) so getting Tesco delivery today even though last one was only 6 days ago and we spent a flippin fortune on that!

MonthlyWishesCameTrue Fri 28-Dec-12 11:38:56

I'm keeping my decorations up until the 6th this year, try and drag out the festiveness!

I know what you mean about the junk food, I was actually disappointed that in work yesterday the canteen aren't doing their salad bar until after new year!!

I caved and did another digital test this morning, still 1-2weeks, got gp appointment in a week so guess will get some answers then?

fatasbrandybutter Fri 28-Dec-12 17:48:51

Ah kitten I think you you're very restrained at your mil too!!

Glad to hear everyone else is feeling as piggy as me! We are driving back home (takes all day) tomorrow and I will also be taking down the decorations on New Year's Day... sad

Not sure how the ds will react to getting home and back to 'normal' after all the spoiling and chocolate - he has barely had a square meal all week with all the treats people have been giving him!
I am certainly dreading returning to boring crappy work!!

I have decided a lot of PMA is needed and that 2013 will be the year for us! We only managed to DDT once before ov! So now we are 3 dpo I feel it most unlikely that this will be our month and am trying to prepare for the inevitable and to be a bit more laid back if I can!! blush

MonthlyWishesCameTrue Sat 29-Dec-12 14:16:58

Hi all can I come back and join you properly? Spent last 2 days in hospital, had an ectopic pregnancy but have been really really really lucky that my pregnancy was non viable and was already on its way out. so i dont need the management ir surgery for ectopic. Just have to go back on Monday for bloods again to check hcg is dropping then will start medical management.

I have to wait to have an echo/heart scan before I'm allowed to ttc again, but seeing as you were all so lucky for me the first time I thought I'd hang around with you guys until im allowed to try again in a few months if you don't mind.

Really hoping that this is possible again and that I didn't just get the one magic short cycle with my PCOS. Stupid really but had already planned for next Christmas with a baby, this ttc sucks big time.

Thingymajigs Sat 29-Dec-12 14:20:09

monthlywishes, how are you feeling atm? When is your appointment with the GP? Have you tried using pink dye FRER's to see if the line gets darker?
fatas you only need the once so try not to worry. I'm with you on the PMA this coming year. I refuse to stress anymore.
We've thrown everything at it this cycle. We're making the most of DP's week off work and we've been at it like rabbits. Today I've had actual EWCM! I've never seen it before so I'm saying the EPO is a massive success even if it is just a coincidence. The only danger here is that my hopes might be higher than normal.
What is everyone doing for New Year? I'm planning on my exciting annual tradition of doing nothing on NYE.

Thingymajigs Sat 29-Dec-12 14:22:40

Oh so sorry monthlywishes sad
I was just wondering how you were doing.

Oh monthly - saw this on due in Aug thread earlier and have been thinking about you sad Horrible thing to have happened but glad you won't need surgery at least. Stick around on mumsnet, real life saver for me in August when I'd just had my mmc and wasn't actively ttc again yet but just needed somewhere where I could let all my blehhhhhhh feelings out xx

fatasbrandybutter Sat 29-Dec-12 15:13:19

Oh no monthly I'm so sorry sad
What an awful few days you must have had - lots of thanksthanksthanks and winewinewine and un-MN hugs for you

I hope you are feeling better soon x

Kittenkatzen Sat 29-Dec-12 19:00:41

Oh no monthly I'm so sorry what an awful few days you've had sad

thanks for you

RedRobin1 Sat 29-Dec-12 19:49:30

So sorry to read that monthly must have been awful. Hope you've had lots of cuddles from DH and very big hug for you thanks

My AF hasn't arrived yet and I am feeling so tired and nauseaous for the last 3 days. I slept at 4pm yesterday and again feel the same today. I am not pregnant and a bfn yesterday confirmed it. Just don't know what's going on with AF.

Planning on doing nothin on New Years. Just shattered from Christmas festivities.

twinklestar2 Sat 29-Dec-12 21:46:16

Monthly I am so sorry to hear that X X

MonthlyWishesCameTrue Sat 29-Dec-12 22:43:29

littlemiss thought I'd followed you too!

Guess mc is one of those things that you think will never happen to you, all surreal at the moment, started properly heavily bleeding this afternoon not long after my last post, so hoping everything will be done with soon and when go back for HCG test tomorrow (decided to go tomorrow rather then wait til Monday) won't need to go back to hospital again

fatas I'm going to give the EPO a try when my cycles come back in regularly

Feel a bit better now I just didn't swoop into you thread and then get knocked up and bugger off stealing all the baby dust! My DH was a bit scared about the pregnancy when we found out as he has depression and was worried he wouldn't get better quick enough. But the morning before I started mc he said he was really sorry and had come round to the idea that he would be fine and got excited. I'm really glad he did the u-turn before the mc so there's no bad feelings iykwim, and he's been wonderful the last couple of days.

Feel a bt gutted that I can't start ttc strain away as I know from reading on here that the feeling is you're more fertile then first cycle.

Absolutely knackered, didnt sleep last night, but don't want to but my ipad down because I will start thinking. Looking forward for a drink at new year. Am sending out DH tomorrow for late, Brie and (sp?) for a snow ball and some mulled wine. And eat the Brie and cranberry parcels in the freezer. And use the baked Camembert pot we got for Christmas from DB. Think that'll do for a start tomorrow
smile

RedRobin1 Sat 29-Dec-12 23:52:27

monthly thinking of you sad it's an awful thing to be going through this time of the year. Hope your cycle returns to normal soon and also hoping you can start ttc soon. Fx your dream of a baby at Christmas next year will still come true x

Monthly - good idea, eat and drink your way thru it, anything that helps even a wee bit is worth doing, really do sympathise, terrible thing to go through

Not sure about nye - used to.love it but havent gone out since 08 became 09! In 09/10 i was pg and just starting to really suffer with sickness, in 10/11 ds was just 4 months and last year just had some friends round while he slept upstairs and i made spanish tapas. Normally boxing day wd be my big night out with friends but gave it a miss this year, been.invited to a nye party this year but in two minds at the min about whether to go or not, risk having an impromptu boke fest in front of them blush Scan isnt til Wed either so.not really in best mindset to celebrate until we know if news is good...

resipsa Sun 30-Dec-12 14:51:51

Hi everyone. Belated Merry Xmas from me.
monthly so sorry to read your news. Odd that you clearly felt it wasn't going right. Hope you're back in the actively TTC seat soon. And pleased (not the right word but hope YKWIM) you got it early and don't need surgery.
red and winkle - I'm with you in hoping 2013 will be our year. There's still time to pop one out before next Xmas!
Met a friend in the park today with her 2 year old and 12 day old. Sooo cute. She looked fab, too.
4 friends due before the end of Feb. I won't be able to get away from newborns!
Hope you all have had a fun week. Mine was **! Both DH and DD ill. DM is waiting for chemo to start (but does that excuse the "imagine having 2 of them" comment I got when talking about running round after DD when DH in bed all day - erm, yes, I can imagine it, thanks, as I would have had 2 by now but for m/c!!!).
DS(ister) had a fit on Xmas Day about how "gross" it was that her DS (13) had so few presents compared to our DD (nearly 2). How was that my fault? She is on her own and doesn't earn a fortune so had less to spend but DN has never gone without. Surely at 13 he wouldn't care so long as he got what he wanted (and he did - iPhone).
DS had 2nd fit at DH when he asked if she'd have her spare room sorted out for DM sny time soon (only been waiting 7 years). DM will need to stay with us or her when having chemo so a fair question but DH asked in the context of our considering a weekend away after a tough year and was met with a diatribe about the selfishness of even considering a break when DM in the middle of treatment (ongoing until July at earliest). After a m/c, DH's op with complications, DH's redundancy notice and DM's cancer diagnosis, were we really so selfish to be thinking of a weekend away? Suspect reaction fuelled partly by guilt that DS's spare room not sorted and her frustration that she couldn't have a break herself even if she wanted one.
Phew! Sorry! Stream of self-pity over!

twinklestar2 Sun 30-Dec-12 18:57:25

Friend got married 8th Sep; get the text today that she's 3 months pregnant. Sigh.

This thread is not accepting new messages.