Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please hold my hand - cancer.

(987 Posts)
Trazzletoes Tue 02-Oct-12 10:31:11

Currently in hospital since last night with DS who is 3. Scans show masses on his brain. Drs believe them to be tumours, likely to have come from his abdomen.

Waiting for more scans/tests etc. staff are being overly nice to us which is worrying me more (though they did refer us to social services last night as they thought DH or I had fractured DS' skull.

Feel incredibly sick. He is 3 years old. Please hold my hand.

Orangesarenottheonlyfruit Sun 07-Oct-12 14:43:20

Another splodge of light in Bristol. I hope you're having a lovely time with everyone.

Just caught up, so sorry it wasn't better news. Senidng a splodge of light from Lancashire

MrsMoosickle Sun 07-Oct-12 15:37:26

Hello, just caught up with this thread. Big light from Glasgow here with lots of positive thoughts and heartfelt prayers. Love to you all.

Mrs M

AuldAlliance Sun 07-Oct-12 16:21:21

Trazzle, I'm so sorry to read about what you and your beautiful son are going through.
I'm sending you light from sunny Provence, wishing I could do more.

Ilovecake1 Sun 07-Oct-12 20:52:38

I am so sorry that you are going through this...sending some light from South Wales. Big hugs.

Trazzletoes Sun 07-Oct-12 22:01:09

Quick update: been quiet today as have been enjoying HAVING DS HOME!!! It's been lovely. It's almost felt normal. He's eaten better, he has smiled and laughed. Trying to come to terms with the fact that there will be precious few days like this for some months, so enjoying them while I can.

I think it will really hit home once his hair and gorgeously long eyelashes fall out.

Our house is spotless, thanks to DH's wonderful family. DS is tireder than normal, but otherwise totally gorgeous and ok.

Thanks for your good wishes.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 07-Oct-12 22:02:57

Lovely to hear that you've all been able to enjoy some time together at home.

Xx

HumphreyCobbler Sun 07-Oct-12 22:10:09

so glad that you have had a nice day at home.

MrsMoosickle Sun 07-Oct-12 22:11:57

So brilliant to hear that a lovely day was had by you all, at home too, extra special. X

BuffyFairy Sun 07-Oct-12 22:20:44

Fantastic news that your beautiful ds came home today. Wishing you lovely days together before the next round. He is amazing and so are you and your dh. You've displayed so much inner strength.

It's great that you're getting help and support from family. Get them to take lots of photos so you can live in the moment rather than being behind a camera.

Hope dd is better today.

Love and light xx

Glad you had a good day trazzle. Hold on to the memories of these days during the darker ones.
With you every step xx

ToffeeWhirl Sun 07-Oct-12 22:26:18

That sounds like a lovely day, Trazzle smile. And how fantastic to come home to a clean house too. I'm glad you have family rallying round.

123caughtaflea Sun 07-Oct-12 22:29:28

So glad you had a good day today and hoping the autumn sunshine shone as brightly on your little one and you as it did here today.

New candle burning tonight:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles

NeDeLaMer Sun 07-Oct-12 22:41:11

I'm so pleased that you have had a lovely family day, take lots of photos and treasure every moment as we all should, a split second can change anyone's life. Eat more ice cream and less green beans grin

Trazzletoes Sun 07-Oct-12 23:04:56

Buffy, DD is indeed much better today. She was at least well enough to come on to the ward. She is cheering us all up with her incessant grinning and efforts to crawl. The sheer joy and innocence of babies... Thank god the Drs have said DS' diagnosis does not increase her risk of the same disease.

BuffyFairy Sun 07-Oct-12 23:36:08

Glad to hear it, must have been nice for your ds to see his dsis. The joy and innocence of babies is indeed something to treasure, let their laughter lift your soul and forget everything else for a while. Is she at the crawling backwards stage? grin

It must be reassuring to hear that from the drs. Bless both of them. You do make exceptionally beautiful babies!

Sending lots of love, hope and strength for the coming week.

ShiftyFades Mon 08-Oct-12 07:12:18

Trazzle I am so pleased to hear you have him home and have been enjoying some normal time grin
Also chuffed to bits to hear that DD is better and was able to go and see her DB.
I hope you are waking up to lots of cuddles and kisses.

dikkertjedap Mon 08-Oct-12 08:45:30

Lovely news. Great that your son is eating a bit better at home. Wish you all some lovely and relaxing days before you have to go back in again.

x

BuffyFairy Mon 08-Oct-12 09:12:19

I thought I'd reply about recipes here so others can add theirs.

Trazzle wants some recipes for food that can be eaten cold at the hospital.

I like curried mango quinoa:

Either boil some quinoa (about 20mins) or buy the pouch stuff you can zap in 1min.

Mix natural yoghurt with garam masala mix, and chopped cucumber, pepper and mango. When the quinoa has cooled add it into this mix.

Serve on a bed of salad leaves with smoked peppered mackerel or cooked chicken.

A decent flask so you can take in soup.

Thinking of you x

THERhubarb Mon 08-Oct-12 09:13:02

Still thinking of you Trazzle and very pleased to hear that ds is back home. Wishing all of you lots of strength for the months ahead. I hope you can hold onto those positive memories and that they spur you all on when times are tough. xx

Engelsemama Mon 08-Oct-12 09:27:31

Another splodge of light shining over the sea (in the Netherlands) for you and your lovely DS trazzle. Glad you had such a lovely family day yesterday. x

bobkate Mon 08-Oct-12 10:02:34

So pleased for you that your DS has had some time at home. I am struggling with my words, as ever, but just wanted to say I'm still thinking of you, your DS and the rest of your family and friends xx

dizzyday07 Mon 08-Oct-12 10:32:03

Glad to hear that DS got home and that DD can now visit the hospital

Katiebeau Mon 08-Oct-12 10:39:46

Big splodge of light Tazzletoes. Thinking and praying for your boy.

ToffeeWhirl Mon 08-Oct-12 11:03:31

Glad DD is better and cheering you all up. And what a relief that the doctors have been able to reassure you about her future well-being. Are you able to stay at home with your DC today or do you have to take DS back to hospital? I hope you get another day at home. It'll do you all good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now