Love, like starlight, never dies - In loving memory of all our darling children gone too soon!

(995 Posts)

I am the gentle breeze upon your face
The twinkle in the stars
I am the sudden ray of sunshine
That warms your broken heart.

Thank you Whatevertheweather for starting the previous thread! smile

Let this place be a place of support for all of us on this path together, with lots of smiles, lots of tears, lots of hugs and lots of understanding x
A place where 'new' and 'old' bereaved Mums and parents can share their grieve, experiences and memories of their darling children.

In memory of my darling daughter Sterre, born 20th June 2011, we miss you so much! x

chipmonkey Thu 14-Jun-12 16:02:13

Lovely poem. Blue XX

For my daughter, Sylvie-Rose, taken from us aged 7 weeks, 4/10/11

Tamisara Thu 14-Jun-12 16:13:04

Remembering Tamsin, my beautiful little baby, now just over the 'Rainbow'.

Thanks for the new thread, and poem Blue

Thanks to Whatever for the previous thread

xxxx

fioled Thu 14-Jun-12 16:16:07

I love that poem blue and I love the thread title smile

Anabelle Violet, in two days you will have had wings for 2 years, a week today it will be your 2nd birthday. Our beautiful darling girl, we miss you so so much. Loved to the moon and back, always xx

Tamisara Thu 14-Jun-12 16:21:12

I forgot to add - Tamsin Rainbow, who was born 30/10/11 xx

lavandes Thu 14-Jun-12 16:24:57

Thanks blue and whatever x

Precious memories of our beloved Richard, loved and missed so much but lives on forever in our hearts. xx

Thank you to blue and whatever, for the last thread and this fresh beautiful one. May we share the burden of loss, and remember our children with love, always love.

But then one day, the sun came up slowly over the horizon. And the people saw the flame-red of the sunrise and in it they saw the bright hair of their princess. The little streams babbled and sang and in them they heard the chatter and laughter of the princess. And in the warm heat of the newly-risen sun they felt the love of the Princess of Smiles. They realised that the princess hadn't disappeared but had become the sun and the rain and the love that fed the land.

Mia darling, you will always be our Princess of Smiles. (chip do you remember writing this for me?) Love you forever, little girl. xx

In loving memory of my sons xx

frasersmummy Thu 14-Jun-12 17:26:18

A little bud sown on earth to bloom in heaven.. always in my heart.. my firstborn Fraser

frasersmummy Thu 14-Jun-12 17:31:24

right at the risk of being told to shut up..... probs by shabs or chip wink

can we drop this.. the thread must be handed over rubbish... people drop in and out of the thread ..some people are here at the beginning of a thread some in the middle and some at the end

It makes sense in my head that someone here at the end should start the new one cos they will see it running out. Havng to wait to be asked is cliquey and leaves people out ...

so long as the thread is here for love, smiles and support then does it matter who starts it.
The only thing i would say is can we all leave post 1000 blank as some people like to go back and post something in memory of their child that the thread was started for

can we all agree ????

<<puts hand up in agreement and grins>>

Mechavivzilla Thu 14-Jun-12 18:11:57

In loving memory of our baby boy Dexter, my firstborn son.

Born too early on 30th April 2012, stayed with us for 12 days before he had to go.

Miss you, teeny Beany. We loved you enough for a lifetime.

Thank you WTW for the last thread and Blue for this one.

frasersmummy Thu 14-Jun-12 18:19:44

mecha.. I know you are having a rough time at the mo so is it highly inappropriate for me to have laughed at you telling the dog to fuck off.. grin???? did it understand .. ??

chipmonkey Thu 14-Jun-12 19:32:14

Mias I do remember writing that for you but oddly enough I still cried when I read it back!blush

Right, well I didn't mean to cause any upset about the passing on of the baton thing. To clarify, the person who pm'd me was just looking out for another poster who had already been asked to start the thread, there certainly was no "How dare you start a thread" lark.

I think that if were ever was a rule or a perceived rule, that we should drop it for the simple reason that not everyone who finds us here and needs our help will be well-versed in the ways of Mumsnet or the ways of the internet etc. When I joined MN I didn't know that a conversation was called a "thread" or that you could start one of your own and wondered why everyone's child's initials began with the letter "d" thinking that there must be a lot of Damians and Debbies in the UK!

So when you see a thread getting to around 900 posts, maybe if you would like to start one in honour of your angel baby, just say so and start one. Is that the best way to leave it?

Minione Thu 14-Jun-12 19:35:03

In loving memory of my darling firstborn Malachy Aidan, born on the 12th June 2010. I can't believe it's 2 years since we lost you, I think if you everyday x

orion3 Thu 14-Jun-12 19:57:27

Thank you for starting this thread blue.

Thinking of my gorgeous, happy wee boy Jude.x

Firsttobed Thu 14-Jun-12 22:01:11

In memory of my beautiful boy, little B, who I loved enough to let go. It feels like the bottom has fallen out of my life.

Firsttobed Thu 14-Jun-12 22:02:42

chip, fm good idea, I wasn't aware of the "rules" as a newly bereaved mum who joined in the middle of the last thread (thanks wtw.) At risk of offending the very ladies who have been so kind in sharing their experiences and responding so generously to mine, it does sound cliquey and I've always found cliques uncomfortable.

Thank you ladies for being here and thank you blue for the thread.

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Thu 14-Jun-12 22:09:20

BILLIE x
I miss you.

Mechavivzilla Thu 14-Jun-12 22:21:01

firsttobed that is it exactly sad and our consultant was wonderful and explained to us that he really believed we were not making the decision for Dexter, Dexter was telling us it was time for him to go.

It is always hard being new anywhere, it will take us newbies a while to catch up I think! But everyone is very kind here.

FM my poor dog! She has never harmed a fly and I yelled at her for trying to climb on my knee. She is a fully grown boxer, but she doesn't realise and is convinced she is a tiny puppy! She knew EXACTLY what I meant and sulked all afternoon. I felt like the world's biggest, nastiest bastard. I have been horrible and angry all day, but the dogs hurt face snapped me out of it a bit I think smile We went for a walk in the sunshine and I did feel better afterwards. And she is talking to me again which is nice!

Wishing us all peaceful nights. xx

chipmonkey Thu 14-Jun-12 22:38:06

*First" we tried to resuscitate Sylvie-Rose. We failed and she ended up in ICU with no brain activity. Our consultant advised to "withdraw care" as he knew in his heart and soul that there was no more life for Sylvie-Rose. And your consultant knew that sure as anything that it was time to let little B sleep, never knowing pain, only knowing love.

chipmonkey Thu 14-Jun-12 22:38:50

MrsDeV, you miss her but she's right there xx

Good to see you Mrs DeVere xxxx

OhDoAdmitMrsDeVere Thu 14-Jun-12 23:06:21

Thanks ladies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now