Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To take the body lotion and soap from a £250 a night hotel? They have asked for it back!!!

(886 Posts)
Blu Thu 05-Apr-07 09:39:25

Goodness! Were they in ceramic re-fillable containers, or just in those miniture plastic bottles?

What will you do? Say you can't send them back as you used them, but here are some Superdrug basics to help them out as they are obviously struggling?

powder28 Thu 05-Apr-07 09:39:24

Was it the packaging thye re-use? Some places have a big vat of what they use and they just refill the small bottles in the rooms

Cappuccino Thu 05-Apr-07 09:39:15

were they in big bottles or were they little sample things?

cos big bottles is a no no in my book

LilRedWG Thu 05-Apr-07 09:38:52

LOL Katy

kittypants Thu 05-Apr-07 09:38:46

sorry i find it amusing too!say you used them up and took packaging home for recycling

Katy44 Thu 05-Apr-07 09:38:31

Just to check - it wasn't one of those that was in a bottle attached to the shower wall? Did you have to use a screwdriver?

mumfor1standfinaltime Thu 05-Apr-07 09:38:15

How did they know?? How much did it cost them to pay someone to type the letter and post it? Madness.

LilRedWG Thu 05-Apr-07 09:38:02

Eurkkk - does that mean they reuse the bar of soap?

Katy44 Thu 05-Apr-07 09:38:01

What if you'd used it? Do they get guests to reuse bars of soap?

MarsLady Thu 05-Apr-07 09:37:45

Well that's a first! Maybe their budget is really tight!

Sorry but I can't help PMSL!!!!

mum2sons Thu 05-Apr-07 09:36:37

DH and I spent our wedding anniversary in a v expensive boutique hotel. I took the body lotion and soap home as I usually would do (sad, but I get v excited about these things!)Yesterday we received a letter from the hotel asking for us to send the 2 items back for the future enjoyment of guests!!! Talk about humiliation! Looking forward to MNetters views

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now