To take the body lotion and soap from a £250 a night hotel? They have asked for it back!!!

(886 Posts)
mum2sons Thu 05-Apr-07 09:36:37

DH and I spent our wedding anniversary in a v expensive boutique hotel. I took the body lotion and soap home as I usually would do (sad, but I get v excited about these things!)Yesterday we received a letter from the hotel asking for us to send the 2 items back for the future enjoyment of guests!!! Talk about humiliation! Looking forward to MNetters views

BodyOfEeyore Tue 17-Apr-12 18:49:06

I wish I had noticed the thread was four years old before page 18.

Brilliant- I have waded my way through too.

NiceHamione Tue 17-Apr-12 18:41:07

I was reading this thinking there was a thread just like this about 5 years ago!

SuePurblyBusinesslike Tue 17-Apr-12 18:31:13

This is why we need to lock threads after a year <all tidy like>

fedupofnamechanging Tue 17-Apr-12 18:29:29

Balls! I have just ploughed through this entire thread, only to find it is 5 years old!

ImperialBlether Tue 17-Apr-12 17:29:42

I've just read all of this and hadn't realised it was out of date.

Have to say I was really shocked by the posters who took it on themselves to email the hotel - what the hell business was it of theirs? And the OP shouldn't have taken the home - they were clearly not individual bottles - and she shouldn't have named the hotel, either.

Marilyn1980 Tue 17-Apr-12 16:49:30

I used to work at a rather lovely Highland hotel, and when you were paying prices such as this you would get a free glass of Dalmore whiskey and a yummy box of Arran Aromatics goodies in your room.

StellaAndFries Tue 17-Apr-12 16:35:33

Phew my friends parents own a hotel in Swaffham and I was hoping it wasn't them, thankfully it isn't.

diabolo Tue 17-Apr-12 16:33:47

Rindercella - someone linked to it for me in "Weekend Breaks" and I accidentally replied here confused.

I've replied in the proper place now.

Rindercella Tue 17-Apr-12 16:29:50

This thread is now 5 years old! grin

diabolo Tue 17-Apr-12 16:28:02

How strange and amusing grin

I wont be taking the toiletries though, we were made aware of how "green" they are. grin (I would only ever steal a little bottle anyway, not a 250ml thing).

Thanks.

BringBackGoingForGold Sun 17-Apr-11 12:54:15

I know you've already sent the stuff back, but I would have said ignore the cheap fuckers and, obviously, never consider staying with them again and tell all your friends not to either!

£250 a night and they can't absorb the cost of a few beauty products? And how dare they write to you? Name and shame and embarrass them!

ChippingInLovesEasterEggs Sun 17-Apr-11 12:32:38

Four fricken years old - grrrr

Perhonen - what the hell was the point in reviving this thread to say hmmmm???

Anyway... now I have read the entire bloody thing... the OP should never have taken the damn things in the first place, they clearly weren't a 'single use' size. Having said that, as they were just plastic everyday bottles, I think the hotel did far more harm than good asking for them back - both environmentally & commercially.

250ml - who the hell 'nearly uses that up' in a weekend??

Iskra - I'm glad you stayed and had a nice time. It's a shame you didn't nick the toiletries, it would have been very entertaining to see if they had emailed you! grin

WideWebWitch Sun 17-Apr-11 11:30:17

Iksra, interesting! I've never contemplated staying at Strattons, mainly on the basis of this thread, what poor service (not to mention PR)

bea Sat 16-Apr-11 23:23:44

i love this thread!!!! FOUR years old!!!!!

confuddledDOTcom Sat 16-Apr-11 23:21:13

250ml isn't industrial sized though. If most of it had been used over the weekend and she thought it would be thrown like everywhere else when she left then I totally understand her keeping it. It wasn't the product they were complaining about being taken but the cheap bottles.

FudgeGirl Sat 16-Apr-11 22:57:38

PMSL! Classic thread.

Shocking behaviour by the OP. Don't blame the hotel for asking for their industrial sized pump action toiletries to be returned, out of principle.

Bohica Sat 16-Apr-11 22:49:44

Well that's another hour of my life wasted.

4 years old?????

ShowOfHands Sat 16-Apr-11 22:23:50

Oh I remember this thread.

In the intervening 4yrs, I've moved onto the road Strattons hotel is on. grin They have a nice cafe/deli. I've never nicked anything from there though.

confuddledDOTcom Sat 16-Apr-11 22:21:42

Well it's kept me amused on my phone from my hospital bed all day! Wish it hadn't took me so long to get the date! I was just trying to work out how old it was, thinking just over a week...

iskra Sat 16-Apr-11 22:16:26

I know this thread is old but...

We JUST stayed in Strattons last weekend & I'm a bit gobsmacked someone could have thought the toiletries were up for grabs. They are in big bottles with pump tops not little mini sizes. However i'd expect the hotel to write the loss off...

We had a very nice time grin

Lucyinthepie Sat 16-Apr-11 22:08:02

THE THREAD IS 4 YEARS OLD!

Deuce Sat 16-Apr-11 19:33:53

Broodymomma Sat 16-Apr-11 18:35:11

I stayed in Malmaison a few weeks ago and on the comment card mentioned how nice the toiletries were. 1 week later I got a box of 6 conditioners and 6 body lotions from them - how nice is that!

bea Sat 16-Apr-11 18:34:32

the thread is FOUR years old!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now