Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to not understand or find 'drunk' threads funny?

(279 Posts)
ScarlettBelle Tue 01-Jan-13 04:30:21

I really don't understand drunk threads....

When I've been out drinking and I get home I either go straight to bed (without taking my make-up off eww) or chuck a pint of water and then go to bed.

I have no effort to do anything, but crash out in bed.

I have to gather the will power to brush my teeth nevermind switching on my laptop and starting a thread. As it really is the furthest thing from my mind.

Also I do realise that people use their phones to start threads. But when I'm out having fun with friends or my partner drinking, thats generally exactly what I'm doing. I don't think - hang on a second and whip my phone out and start a thread on mumsnet.

And I just don't find posts such as -

weifjwp uwrh fvh i ma soooooo durnk!!! wefpwehf

Funny.

Aibu?

FunnysInLaJardin Wed 02-Jan-13 12:24:12

lol Overly it was like having Gollum on the thread grin

Mind you, you seemed to know what you were on about and that's then main thing!

OverlyYappyAlways Wed 02-Jan-13 12:42:14

Fine thank you... I was hungover at 2.00am, that happens with an insomniac alcoholic, I only ever pass out for an hour.

My son is unwell, I had to look after him last night, no idea how I managed that, I know my bed is broken though, I snapped another 2 things that keep the mattress from being on the floor...walking around the bed did not seem a good option, just break it instead!

Sorry again... blush

Pinot Wed 02-Jan-13 14:47:15

Stairs <curtseys>

Overly I have no clue what you were on about. But it's a no from me.

OverlyYappyAlways Wed 02-Jan-13 14:56:26

Thanks me too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now