Mumsnet Christmas Appeal: the thank you thread II

(389 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Dec-12 20:13:37

Hello

Follow-on thread from this one.

To quote SecretSantaSandyMumsnet:

So the spreadsheets have been completed, the matches have gone out, all is done. [gin]

We're all waiting with bated breath. If you're a recipient and you'd like to pop back on here when your gift arrives to thank your donor then do remember to look out for your MN code which will have been included in the address on the packaging and include it in your post. The person who sent the gift will then be able to know it's you.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Ho Ho Ho!

<readies fire blanket for dangerously warm cockles>

shanelle5 Fri 21-Dec-12 21:59:14

SLATTERN recipient "MN172" here,finally got a moment to sit down and thank you so much for my parcel which arrived this morning smile
Gosh even the postage cost made my eyes water, so the generous vouchers you included, well blushblush
SO very kind of you, even just taking the time out when its manic at this time of year, to think of someone else (especially someone you dont know) and put effort into buying presents, writing letters and schlepping to the PO which is going to be heaving this week, is such an amazing thing to do when youve all got kids,family and friends of our own to buy for. Im truly touched just for the thought,time and effort and thats without the expense you went to - thankyou the vouchers are very needed and most appreciated, the 2 gifts for my LO were lovely and the Christmas DVD is going on this weekend and one I love smile. Like others I dont feel very worthy of being nominated, I only post on one thread which is antenatal, so I assume one of the lovely kind mummies to be on there nominated me as my not-so-D-DP left me when I was 33 weeks pregnant and not having any family support I had no-one in RL to talk to and was very down sad Christmas will be tough not only financially but emotionally too for me and my 3 lovely DD'S but I have a beautiful 5 week old DS and we will be ok im sure. Reading through some of the previous threads, I havnt got it too bad and should count my blessings for my healthy DC's and its EX DP's loss wink Mammouth post sorry, but signing off with a huge and heartfelt thankyou to my nominator and slattern (love the name) for including me in a lovely MN tradition, I feel honoured. thanks to you both x

shanelle5 Fri 21-Dec-12 22:02:48

Oops appear to have double posted in my excitement! blush grin

SS196 Fri 21-Dec-12 22:03:06

MN196

I'm sorry your gifts were so late blush

I hope they got to you ok

MN196 Fri 21-Dec-12 22:12:11

Catgirl, thank you so much for the gifts, they arrived this afternoon and brought tears to my eyes, just before I had to dash to collect DD from school. It has been non stop since then, so I only just got on mn. My presents are lovely, the soap smells amazing, the dc's gifts are waiting for Christmas Day smile.

Such a lovely thing, mn secret santa, it is my first time as a recipient and whilst I am not in need, I really appreciate the thought behind the gift, so would also like to thank my nominator (I suspect I was nominated as Tombleeboo), there was no need but thanks anyway smile

MN045
It was my absolute pleasure!!
Happy Christmas to you and your boys xx

ChipMonkeysSecretSanta Fri 21-Dec-12 22:23:54

Hurray Chip that your parcel got to you before Christmas. I am so glad that everyone in the family likes their pressies, it was great fun to go shopping for them. I must also admit to judicious use of Google Earth to find your local restaurant - I don't think I've been the only Secret Santa to do something similar grin. I was also so pleased to know who you were and to be able to include something for your beautiful Sylvie-Rose.

Christmas is a difficult time for bereaved parents - anyone who has suffered a bereavement really - as it's a time when your loved one's absence is acute. I'd like to say to everyone, when talking to bereaved family and friends this Christmas, please always acknowledge the person who has died and that we will be missing them, it means so much to us. It can be a line in a card, or a squeeze of the shoulder as you say you remember them, small gestures mean so much.

This has been my first year being involved in Secret Santa and it is brilliant. Thank you so much to SandyMumsnet and all of the elves who have been involved in the logistics of it all, you're fab xx

catgirl1976geesealaying Fri 21-Dec-12 22:28:42

MN196 - it is a complete pleasure grin

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and your DCs enjoy the little bits x

newbielisa Fri 21-Dec-12 22:56:59

Haven't name changed as don't bloody know how to.

MN216 - sorry for lateness, signed up before dd2 was born 6 weeks
ago and have been in newborn fuzz/fog since (plus I procrastinated
as wasn't sure what to get a 14 year old boy and 21 year old Man or even a 10 year
old boy.

One of the gifts for one of your older DS should arrived today or tomorrow
and the other 2 DS presents have been ordered and will hopefully
reach you before Christmas.

triplets Fri 21-Dec-12 23:26:40

Over the moon Showofhands to hear Mums news, that got to be the best Christmas present ever..........fingers x`d my dh`s ct scan in Jan will bring us good news too...........have a wonderful Christmas. xx

rubyrubyruby Sat 22-Dec-12 08:05:55

I'm hoping my package arrives before Christmas - I posted last Friday but it has a long way to go!

slatternlymother Sat 22-Dec-12 09:37:29

shanelle I spent so long trying to think what to put in, I didn't know your DS was so young; the email said he was under 1 so I really was guessing! I have a 2yo DS myself though and I let him help choose!

As for your DD's I can only apologise for unimaginative vouchers; I was going to do River Island, but then I panicked and thought 'what if they're tomboys?' I didn't know their sizes either, and they're all so different. I thought at least with vouchers, you can take them to lunch at the cafe and get something from the food court afterwards. I have no idea why it's on 2 cards btw; I blame DH for that one!

I'm so sorry your partner left you; that is truly fucking awful. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. What a loser. angry

You are in my thoughts always this Christmas, I really hope you have a lovely time with your children and that the New Year marks a turning point.

shanelle5 Sat 22-Dec-12 10:30:23

Thankyou slattern what a lovely message, you are very kind.
That shop has lovely food and usually WAY out of my price range so Im very much looking forward to going in there this weekend and treating us all to some goodies gringrin So please dont apologise for the vouchers, your efforts and thoughts are MORE than enough and mean a lot to us. Its always difficult to buy for other peoples DC when you dont know them too well at all let alone when they are older like my DD's but they will be delighted with smellies and chocolate tghings which I will pick up for them from M&S over the weekend xx

Recipient098 Sat 22-Dec-12 10:35:46

Im just popping back on to say to the lovely lady who sent me all the clothes, I wish you could have seen DD yesterday, in the Blue Woolly Dress with the matching knitted hat, she looked so beautiful in it smile, thank you again.

SantaFlashesHisBoobsALot Sat 22-Dec-12 10:43:09

Just wondering if MN203 had arrived? Was sent to Grandma. Sent another parcel on the same day and that got there two days ago, just a bit concerned.

slatternlymother Sat 22-Dec-12 11:10:37

Oh Shanelle I hope you manage to get some nice bits, and honestly I wish you all the best. You are in my prayers and I truly, truly hope that 2013 is a fresh start for you and your lovely family. Xxx

GetOnYourDancingShoes Sat 22-Dec-12 11:15:41

MN076 here.
I was really surprised to be nominated (I really don't deserve it) and was amazed to receive two parcels this morning! shock

Thank you to the lovely people who took time out of their busy lives to think of me and send such lovely gifts.

The first package had yummy chocolates, posh tea and a giftcard for M&S. The second had selection packs for DD and DS, which will be greatly appreciated, and a lovely Sanctuary Spa gift set for me.

I have squirrelled them away and intend to spoil myself silly this evening when they have gone to bed. Thank you!

I always feel a bit 'Bah Humbug' about Christmas...I miss my DS2 terribly and don't see much of DS1 and DS3 as they are all grown up and have their own lives. Thank you for cheering me up and boosting the old Christmas spirit...you are amazing! grin

GetOnYourDancingShoes Sat 22-Dec-12 11:22:25

Doh!

In my excitement I forgot to thank whoever it was that nominated me. (still don't know what I did to deserve it as I rarely post anything of interest)

Thank you thanks smile

fuzzpig Sat 22-Dec-12 11:39:18

MN072 here, I received another parcel today! shock But can't see their SS number. So I hope whoever you are, you see this!

Thank you so much, I am really really grateful you took the time to choose presents for us. I am very excited about using the sanctuary spa stuff as I've never tried it before grin

The DCs are very excited about the wrapped presents for them and I am especially impressed with the ribbony bows on top! Puts my wrapping to shame blush

I am in a lot of pain today (having done my first full week of work since I first got ill in summer) and it's been hard to join in with all the excitement decorating the tree etc... and then out of nowhere a lovely parcel arrived, and reminded me that someone out there has been thinking of us. Thank you so much whoever you are! smile thanks

SantaSandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 22-Dec-12 13:52:28

FiveFestiveFlowers

Rowan, thank you for starting another thread as I'm still waiting to be reassured my parcel posted on 1st December has arrived.

I'm really worried now and hope my recipient isn't thinking I haven't bothered sad

Not looking for thanks, and I appreciate there are reasons for not 'chasing up' but is there any way you can discreetly find out if gifts have been received?

TIA.

Hi FiveFestive,
Did you get our mail? So sorry you are still concerned.
Please drop us an email at santa.claus@mumsnet.com

MN109 Sat 22-Dec-12 14:23:50

Dear SS to MN109,

Thankyou so much for your lovely parcel. Not only was it very kind and well thought, but done with such a spirit of fun that it really made me giggle. I really enjoyed opening it. I have had a little feel of my one and I can guess. I'm saving it for a quiet moment to enjoy all by myself. Getting the parcel today has really given me alift and made me feel very festive.

The presents will really be enjoyed by the children again and again. Thankyou so much.

Happy Christmas to you and your family. I hope you have a great time and that 2013 brings you all you all you wish for. smile

Amazoniancracker Sat 22-Dec-12 15:03:17

Message to SS From MN206

Wow! A massive heartfelt thank you to my dear Secret Santa for such perfect and lovely gifts.

Ds will be taking the easel into hospital and the little bottles are a brilliant idea - I can fill them with scrubs, shampoos etc for when we have overnight stays. I just wouldn't have thought of that!!

And the gorgeous goodies from Lush, ooooo, what can I say?! Wonderful.

Whoever you are, you are so kind. Ds and I have had a tough year but your surprise pressies have cheered us both up enormously today. We hardly leave the house at the moment except for treatments so to know that someone has thought of us outside our small circle is really amazing and moving.

A thousand thank-yous. thanks smile

Wishing you and your family a very warm, joyful and fun-filled Christmas.

Love UA and littleamazonian. xx

MsNobodyAgain Sat 22-Dec-12 15:03:17

chocoreturns Sat 22-Dec-12 15:33:19

hello again, it's MN038 here with another HUGE thank you. I don't even know where to begin - to get another gift just made that lump in my throat well up and I confess I got teary all over again.

DS1 is having the most wonderful time 'educating' his little friend Macie about how to make the driver drive his train, throwing himself all over the place in fits of giggles when it comes chasing them both. He is beyond delighted. I am beyond touched. DS2's present is wrapped and tucked under the tree (no such luck sneaking DS1's past him! Soon as the parcel arrived I was followed around with 'What's that mummy?' on repeat until I showed him!) The yummy chocolate for me has been safely stashed out of the way of little eyes and hands.

You have made me feel so completely loved and I'm overwhelmed with the kindness of strangers. Although I feel I know so many of you so well from all the wonderful support you've given me this year, I know that the person who sent me this lovely parcel doesn't know me at all - which makes it all the more special.

You are AMAZING, mumsnet is amazing. I hope you know how special you are, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. With love to your family at Christmas too XXX

scarlet5tyger Sat 22-Dec-12 15:44:20

Hi, mn168 again here. Yesterday I received another lovely gift which I'm (so far) resisting the temptation to open this time! I was over the moon to receive one present so to get a second is really overwhelming.

So a huge thank you to my corpulent Christmas elf grin. I hope you have many lovely treats yourself xx

BOFingSanta Sat 22-Dec-12 15:58:06

MNHQ- thank you for organising this, and just for being lovely. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Big love and Merry Christmas to you all xxx thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now