2013 Weight Watchers Thread #3

(927 Posts)
jazzcat28 Wed 03-Apr-13 10:53:11

Right thought I should put up a new thread as we were getting close to filling up the old one!

Useful Notes and Links:

HD = Hairy Dieter's Recipe Book. Circa £7.00 on Amazon and full of yummy low WW point recipes

We share our yummy low point recipes on this thread

We track our losses weekly on this online spread sheet

The spread sheet also has a tab containing all the WW points for every single recipe in the HD book, courtesy of the lovely OhTheConfusion (for working them out) and AddictedtoCrunchies (for having the foresight to paste them in the spread sheet)

Here's to another thread of amazing losses ladies!!

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 05-May-13 08:46:36

I sound like a lush. I'm not. I just love wine!

TWinklyLittleStar Sun 05-May-13 10:14:37

I had been going well until last night when I sat up with my sister - I live away and hadn't seen her in two months - and had a few glasses of wine and too many crisps. I don't even know how many to point. I had 29 weeklies left, so if I manage to stay within my dailies today and tomorrow I might be ok, but it's all a bit catastrophic on my first week sad

Hi tickle!

TickleMyTitsTillFriday Sun 05-May-13 10:22:33

Hi TWinkly

If you can't have a glass of wine and some crisps on a special occasion, what's the point?!

fledtoscotland Sun 05-May-13 10:22:58

Place marked in my diary too for your poas Jazz!

Neeko Sun 05-May-13 20:48:10

Hi all. Not been great this weekend as had a Chinese on Fri and out for dinner yesterday. Made healthier choices but not convinced. I guess I'll know on Tues smile Was all delicious though.

AddictedtoCrunchies Sun 05-May-13 20:56:39

Me too Neeko. Onwards and upwards grin

Neeko Sun 05-May-13 21:28:27

What we like? smile I did earn 5 pp through exercise as damage limitation today...

poorpaws Sun 05-May-13 23:16:16

I've been good! Well bugger that makes a change. I'm so used to coming on here with little angels shining their halos and this time I can report I've been good too.

Tickle ~ I was quite a big wine drinker but cut it down dramatically, then went onto low cal wine (Banrock Station Light) and now (I really can't believe I'm saying this) I DON'T DRINK. I'm still addicted to chocolate though.

Keep on keeping on gang, we'll all get there in the end. (Hope I don't ruin this good run before wi on Friday cos it seems a bit too good to be true).

Fingers crossed Jazz better put you on my calendar too.

jazzcat28 Mon 06-May-13 10:24:19

Morning all! paws i too have a very polished halo today - have indulged in a bank hol BBQ and Sunday roast and managed to keep within my dailies and only use half my weeklies! Hoping that I can shed that illusive 2lb before Saturdays WI/POAS excitement.

neeko don't dispair and try to be good between now and your WI. You might be surprised (I have lost weight every week I've had dominos/pizza hut) I think it kinda kick starts the body into shedding fat?!

PiHigh Mon 06-May-13 16:24:11

Morning. I WI today and had stayed the same. I only started on Weds though and was doing bootcamp for Mon and half of Tues which is high fat so expect that's why there has been no change (although Dh lost 4lb envy). Was quite relived because I thought I'd gained 4lbs then found out the bathroom scales weigh me more than the other scales we have.

Neeko Mon 06-May-13 17:01:30

PiHigh Have faith. you'll get your loss next week. So annoying how quickly men lose weight initially .

flatmouse Tue 07-May-13 08:41:59

WI yesterday and no change, so hoping for good things next Monday! Vague C25K still ongoing, have done sort of week 4 on the BUPA plan this week - slight niggle with left achilles though sad
New dress for night out on Thursday - had to buy a size 12 - That is UNHEARD of for me (main requirement was for top half is still a bit clingy on bottom half but not too bad) - so that was some excitement !

Neeko Tue 07-May-13 13:22:06

Well done on the dress flatmouse

2 off for me at wi today. Really happy. 1.5 more to get me back to goal (though I'd like to get a good few pounds under goal before my holiday 8 weeks today.)

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 07-May-13 18:12:09

Well done Flatmouse and Neeko. thanks

My size 16 trousers that I couldn't get done up in January are hanging off me. smile

Think I've reigned myself back in today and am going for a nice sunny run tonight .

Neeko Tue 07-May-13 19:21:42

That's impressive Crunchie. Enjoy your run. I've earned 9 pp today being out and about with DD2 and doing the school run with DD1 smile

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 07-May-13 20:36:05

I've just done 4 miles in 42 minutes. Hated every step. Legs were like lead. sad

Neeko Tue 07-May-13 21:24:31

What was wrong? Maybe it's too hot tonight? I could never run in the heat.

jazzcat28 Tue 07-May-13 21:59:45

Well done Crunchie for running regardless! I'm still in awe of those of you who are dedicated enough to fit in exercise!

Had my butternut squash risotto for dinner with garlic bread and salad. Yum..

Had another compliment at work today on how it shows I've been loosing weight. Always puts a spring in my step!

Those of you doing the 12st 7 challenge... Only 8 weeks to go! I don't think I'm gonna get there - even without getting up duffed I would need to average 2-3lb a week.

poorpaws Wed 08-May-13 00:08:22

Well done all. I've just popped on here before bed to report I'm still being good - that's a total of 4 days without breaking my new found resolve - woohoo, very good for me.

I'm meeting my WW friend tomorrow for lunch and our usual eating place has taken the chicken salad we always have off the menu. It's been replaced with a very high calorie salad with cheese and all sorts of extras. Looks like we'll be walking around town trying to find a new cafe/pub with salads on the menu.

Does anyone know if any of the pub chains have low ppt salad? I'm sure Weatherspoons do so we might try there. I know Brewers Fayre did but I don't go there as the one near to me is quite poor.

Keep up the good work.

Oh, I was also wondering if any of you got the free Summer Body Confidence book at their WW meeting (you have to attend 5 meetings to get it). It's a bit like the journal, an 8 week action plan. I thought I might start recording my food next week (depending if I lose or not).

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 08-May-13 08:38:47

Well done Paws. Keep it up.

I'm so stressed this morning. Had a terrible night's sleep due to restless legs. So then we overslept so had to rush DS to breakfast club. Then got to work without my keys so had to get security up to unlock everything. Then a mad rush to get bus to doc's for a blood pressure check. And it's only 8.40am. And I've had nothing to eat. sad

Let's hope today gets better.

Neeko Wed 08-May-13 08:47:20

Crunchie Hope your day improves and you don't resort to chocolate.

Poorpaws Impressed by your motivation. Keep it going.

I'm on train to Edinburgh for a work meeting. So used to running around like a headless chicken on work days that two hours of peace is quite disconcerting! grin

rightsaidthread Wed 08-May-13 12:45:09

Whoop 3.5lb off this week! Getting me finally into the 12 stones

Weight loss is a funny thing as I've used more of my weeklies this week and only lost 0.5lb last week hmm

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 08-May-13 13:16:42

Well done that's a brilliant loss thanks

flatmouse Wed 08-May-13 13:27:34

crunchie hope your day has improved!
rightsaid - wow! excellent - bet you're pleased - i certainly was when i hit the 12s and now i'm determined to hit the 11s in a few weeks!
paws yey, you have your mojo back!

Had a bit of a "try on" session last night. This is after having had an honest wardrobe sort out early days (probably on thread #1). I can now comfortably wear everything on my list (if i'm honest, most will now need altering or throwing out) - except for a black velvet dress which i wore for my graduation "ball" back in 1993! To my amazement i can actually do it up - although i wouldn't wear it at the moment as way too tight, but am planning that it'll be loose and fit beautifully by Christmas! Now the thighs are no longer chaffing (sorry if TMI), i am seriously considering wearing dresses as everyday wear in the summer - something that has always been unheard of for me - even maxi dresses don't look too bad on me now (always a tent previously).

I still have a LONG LONG way to go. I think my end target weight is probably 1st 6lb less than current weight (and that will be top end BMI healthy). But i am so pleased with where i am so far, and that is giving me the motivation to keep going. It's been 4 months now, and i can honestly say i want to stick with this.

I do still have body image issues which i hope that with all the very positive and flattering comments i've been getting in and out of work i will overcome - can't help looking at pic of me in the size 12 dress thinking i still look a size 16-18. (probably due to the bottom half filling the dress out more than i'd like!). I'll get there smile

Sorry if this sounds like a "yey me" post, but i am hoping that others will get some encouragement from my successes the way i have from yours!

AddictedtoCrunchies Wed 08-May-13 14:46:46

Flatmouse that's brilliant and very positive. I too am determined to get to my target and this thread is a key driver to me getting there. People come and go but essentially the message and support doesn't change.

I have a dress in my wardrobe which I haven't worn in ten years. But I will. Am determined. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now