JILLIAN MICHAELS (Shred/Ripped and all the rest) Part 3: Bringing our A-game [cheesy smile]

(1000 Posts)

Here is a new thread for Jillian Michael devotees!

Whatever JM DVD you are doing, come and check in here...
Any Insanity and Turbofire lurkers, come and join too!

Hello to all from the old thread and big welcome to anyone new, come and join us smile

Go ginger and the killer buns grin

I did it!! I did BFBM today, yay... I think I'd built it up into a drama in my head as I'd not done much exercise for a while, and boy was I a sweaty mess by the end... but am so pleased I've done it!

Onwards and upwards...

themaltesecat Mon 10-Dec-12 01:15:55

Well done threestepsforward. That is such an amazing workout. I do it 3-4 times a week and it still kills me (as it's pretty easy to make the moves more intense... not that it's necessary, I find grin).

gingercat12 has inspired me to do KB&T tonight when I get home from work... though I ALWAYS go on to do NMTZ because it puts me in the mood for it.

OHforDUCKScake Mon 10-Dec-12 12:29:57

Its mighttinge here, Im going on to Level 3 tomorrow so want to get another JM dvd.

Is that L3 Shred OhforDucks? Well done, you are almost Shredded smile

Ooo so what next? <flicks through JM catalogue>

Here is a very brief run down of the ones I have:

BFBM (Burn Fat Boost Metabolism): about 40 mins, all cardio, very good!

NMTZ (No More Trouble Zones): all strength, no cardio really, about 40 mins. Also very good, and hard!

6W6P (6 Week 6 Pack): does what it says on the tin. Can't remember exactly how long it is but it's a bit longer than Shred. 2 levels, the second level is insanely fast!

KB (Killer Buns and Thighs): 3 levels, bit longer than Shred, I think it's a brilliant workout and is one of my favourites, has some cardio mixed in.

Ripped in 30: Same idea as Shred but 4 levels, same length as Shred more or less. Great dvd, but be prepared as she is very SHOUTY

There are more of hers too, but I haven't got the others...

Tempted by any of them? grin

Maltese, wow, KB followed by NMTZ? That is impressive!!

Aspiemum2 Mon 10-Dec-12 14:54:00

Back on it now, had a lazy fortnight as some massive life stress was getting me down hmm. Trying to ditch the chocolate and get back to Jillian - trying to find some willpower!

I did 6w6p this morning though so that's good smile

CHST Mon 10-Dec-12 15:08:49

well done on the BFBM threesteps I always feel good after that one,
well done too Aspiemum always feels good to get back in it

I have had a feast eating weekend. It has left me feeling so meh.
Did Killer Abs level 2 and extreme shed and shred level 1 to try and make myself feel better. Didnt feel motivated enough for Bob today.
Anyone else feel like their body needs a detox?

Definitely! And it's not even Christmas yet, which doesn't bode well grin

I have banned myself from buying any chocolate-based presents until Christmas Eve as I always end up eating them and buying them three times over!

xelliex Mon 10-Dec-12 22:58:36

wow everyone seems to be doing really well smile

Touchwood I've got back into Jillianing after a two week blip. I did BFBM for the third time today and I'm surprised how much I've enjoyed it. Well as much as you can exercising! Only thing is my leg goes into cramp when I do the cool down, the same thing happened with the cool down on NMTZ so I've been doing the ripped cool down.

I might try 6w6p tomorrow, it's still in it's wrapping...

OHforDUCKSchristmasCake Tue 11-Dec-12 11:28:21

Thats great, I really needed someone to explain them!

My problem is having time in DS's nap to do them. 40 minutes is a bit long. I think Ripped might be my next one.

Also, Im not nearly shredded wink I get bored easily, Ive only done 12 days! Im going to flit between L2 and L3 to avoid bordem until day 30. grin

MissTFied Wed 12-Dec-12 00:34:00

Yes thanks threesteps for that breakdown. Have preordered the box set with KB, R30 and Extreme Shed & Shred. Will arrive after Xmas, but that's ok as 6W6P is due to finish in Jan. Been toying with the idea of Insanity. What has happened to me?
Well done to all of you have started again after a break. I'm afraid if I take a day off, I might not do it again! Is it a lot harder? Do you lose your fitness really quickly?

McPie Wed 12-Dec-12 09:11:54

I hope everyone is still having fun with Jillian but I have been very Shred absent for the last 13 weeks, at least, as I have been going to my local leisure centre and doing a mix of body pump, bums tums and thighs, boxfit, body conditioning, body combat, kettlercise and metafit (phew!!!) to the tune of around 11 classes each week, even I think I'm crazy!
I have lost 31lb since the end of july with the help of the plan the nurse gave me and most of my clothes dont fit me now but I still have 3 stone to just get into the healthy BMI range!!!
Yesterday I was stuck at home with two sick kids and was itching to do something so done l1,2 and 3 of Shred and I'm glad I did as I could complete everything apart from full push ups (am getting there) and the plank weight raise in l3 (only because I thought I was going to fall over!).
I used to struggle with a lot of the moves and would take breaks but not yesterday but still managed to work up a pretty good sweat. Now I am going to see how much of Ripped in 30 I can do as the centre will not be running classes from xmas eve to the 3rd of Jan and I think I may go crazy if I cant workout at all.

xelliex Wed 12-Dec-12 12:55:13

Well done McPie, I'm seriously impressed, I wish I could do even half of that!

I tried 6w6p last night for the first time and not sure what I of it. My dds kept interrupting so I was constantly stopping and starting so barely worked up a sweat. I'll try again tonight and they'll hopefully be better behaved...

Evening all!

McPie great to see you smile Massive congratulations on the weight loss, you must be very proud.

It's threestepsforward fourstepsback with me at the mo. At the vets today I crouched down and my other knee went, like I'd wrenched it. It was bizarre, and it's now very sore and I'm once again out of action.

I've been distracted anyway as my gorgeous dog has been very sick. He has a hyper sensitive stomach and the anti-inflammatories the vet gave him for his joints caused an ulcer, leading to massive bleeding in his guts. He's below 50% of the red blood count that is considered healthy. He's really anaemic and weak and his tongue / gums have gone grey sad

We're on our last option to stop his bleeding without aggravating his tummy, so please keep everything crossed for him. He's 13.5 and the love of my life! I've posted some pics on my profile if anyone is interested in seeing the "Best Dog in the World" grin

Sorry, I know this is all off-topic. (I've got form for this - I've done this before with my goldfish catastrophe!)

Hope everyone is doing okay... Notyummy hope you are on the mend too

OHforDUCKSchristmasCake Thu 13-Dec-12 07:59:58

So Im here with a mild (very mild) winge. Im on day 15 of the shred and the sight in the mirror is significantly different, and I like what I see.

Except Ive STILL only lost 2lb. I know I shouldnt get to het up about weight loss but the thing is I need to lose a bit. 7lb at least really.

I havent been on a diet, but in the same breath, Ive not been eating cake and crisps and pies either. I eat healthily but if I fancy spare ribs one night then I will, kinda thing. For example, tonight is sausage mash and veg but I wont get low fat sausages. Is this where Im going wrong? Should I be dieting too?

I just wasnt sure I could handle Shred, dieting and breastfeeding.

CHST Thu 13-Dec-12 09:20:20

Hi ohforducks
I saw more inch loss than lbs loss with shred. I think you could lose that 7lb carrying on as you are but at a much slower rate. What I'd suggest is maybe doing some extra cardio? I found I lost a lot of weight with turbofire which is mostly cardio. Have you looked at portion sizes also? What sort of portions are you eating? Sweet potato mash instead of regular etc? How many sausages? Personally I wouldn't diet as such but try and see where you can make healthier changes. No "diet" is sustainable long term imo

As for me. I am on the frickin injury bench. In an attempt to get my son's nativity costume from the top cupboard of his wardrobe, I stupidly climbed the fucker and collapsed with an internal shelf. My right side is now scraped and bruised. I can feel a bruise forming as we speak so I am going to do yoga meltdown today...have to do something as I had a rest day yesterday. ow ow ow

OHforDUCKSchristmasCake Thu 13-Dec-12 09:24:22

Omg that sounds painful!

Thanks loads for the tips, Im going to look into turbofire now!

OHforDUCKSchristmasCake Thu 13-Dec-12 09:26:23

I cant find turbofire on amazon is it by JM?

themaltesecat Thu 13-Dec-12 10:20:22

Oh Ducks, no it isn't, it's by a very bouncy cheerful blonde woman, Charlene (sp). Here it is on Amazon.

It is hard work but I prefer Jillian myself. It's often billed as fun but I don't really find it so (Brazilian Butt Lift is a genuinely fun workout, but haaaard).

themaltesecat Thu 13-Dec-12 10:22:43

By the way, I lost a noticeable amount of weight in about three weeks of doing JM's "Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism" DVD. Love it!

GeekLove Thu 13-Dec-12 10:43:19

Have got Ripped in 30 and KB! Bloody hell is all I can say particuarly with the one legged burppees and the double plank Interval!
Wonder what treats lvl 3 and 4 have.
Ps I'm going to put before and after pics when I finally get them off my camera. One is from 14 months ago and the other is from 1 month ago.
I want to see what another two months of kb ans RI30 will do.

OHforDUCKSchristmasCake Thu 13-Dec-12 11:09:52

Thank you!

OHforDUCKSchristmasCake Thu 13-Dec-12 11:17:15

I have another question. Im looking at 'no morectrouble zones' and 'burn fat...' On the front they say '6 minute fixes' but above Im told its 40 minutes?

I dont have enough time to do 40 minutes each day, that sounds ridiculous I know.

CHST Thu 13-Dec-12 11:53:21

each circuit is 6 mins approx so you can choose play whole workout or individual circuits so if you are low on time do 4 for example

OHforDUCKSchristmasCake Thu 13-Dec-12 12:42:05

Ok great! Thanks again.

This thread is not accepting new messages.