Potentially exciting weather tonight!

(185 Posts)

TORRO have issued a tornado watch for central and southern England and Wales.

Which is quite a large area really. Tornado watches mean that the expected weather in conducive to tornadogenisis rather than they are expected but nevertheless, it could be interesting smile hail,thunder and severe gusts are also possible.

LumpySpacePrincessOhMyGlob Sat 19-Oct-13 21:44:54

Ooooo I'm in the south east. I get really exited about big weather.

Can never say for sure shiny, storms aren't predictable in the same way weather fronts are. We can say that storms are pretty likely and some may be severe but we can't pin where exactly they will occur. SE isn't likely to see any action til close to dawn I think.

Perihelion Sat 19-Oct-13 23:04:23

No exciting weather in Edinburgh. Gone warm again though.

I'm in Dorset . It's warm again, no rai .

Rain!

I forgot where you are perihelion. The warmth, whilst welcome is most odd! Still, you may get your fair share of weather soon enough!

Pete, it's going to be a case of some get big stuff and some none at all. But you are also a good advance guard!

Kahlua4me Sat 19-Oct-13 23:23:53

I am going away on our schools residential trip from Monday.

We are going to the south coast, near Weymouth, so hope the weather is good there. Can't think of anything worse than torrential rain and 90 kids.....

CointreauVersial Sat 19-Oct-13 23:28:35

Diddly squiddly in Surrey.

<presses nose to window looking for lightning>

FunkyBoldRibena Sat 19-Oct-13 23:30:31

How odd...i just said to the OH tonight that it looked like a tornado and the wind was in the willows (I can see a huge willow from my desk)... And I must be close to Edwina's revenge as that's exactly what we had.

Audilover Sat 19-Oct-13 23:30:44

It's pissing it down where we are to the extent that the satellite keeps losing signal.

Funky, if there is any damage that you spot in the am can you pm me please.

Kahlua. I'd take plenty of towels, clothes and whiskey.

FunkyBoldRibena Sat 19-Oct-13 23:51:05

I'll be at the allotment kitten, in the morning!

With wellies funky?

ProphetOfDoom Sat 19-Oct-13 23:57:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoComet Sat 19-Oct-13 23:57:51

Badkitten, we still have are gazebo up, I don't want a bit of wind, never mind tornadoes, please send them to trash the south East,

gallicgirl Sat 19-Oct-13 23:59:28

Argh was hoping for a bit of dry weather.

Warm and calm in south essex but was very hazy earlier. No chance of seeing over to Kent.

Is it true we're going to have cold winter with snow from November?

BuzzardBirdBloodBath Sun 20-Oct-13 00:59:51

It has just started to throw it down.
No one can predict weather more than 3 days in advance. Newspapers sell papers by making up weird weather warnings every year with no actual basis.

Viviennemary Sun 20-Oct-13 01:05:45

I saw a rainbow at around 6 pm. Haven't seen one for ages.

Woken by heavy rain and it's windy.

And lightning.

And now thunder.

digerd Sun 20-Oct-13 06:25:13

I'm in bed by 10 pm and up about 5.30. I heard nothing here in SE.
It was very mild again at 5pm yesterday. We did have showers afterwards, but no wind.
We have very old pine trees at bottom of garden on other side of the canal. Last storm we had big branches broke and my garden was strewn with bits up to my patio doors.
Don't want my shed roof being ripped off again by plum tree belonging to my neighbour--from hell-- and tripping all the electric sockets . Shed like 10 years agoconfused Shed has sockets for the pond pump.

digerd Sun 20-Oct-13 07:09:47

Just heard a loud whooshing of wind and rain for just a few seconds which happened twice so far. Still too dark to check my shed roof - worried now.

digerd Sun 20-Oct-13 07:19:02

And now a loud rumble of thundershock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now