Perhaps some snow for southern England.

(265 Posts)
OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 07:56:32

Maybe some snow for some of southern England and east Anglia in the early hours tomorrow. It is marginal and many will see rain instead, but I think that the chilterns may see some and perhaps the higher part of the Downs as well. Could be a messy mix, so don't get too excited!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 13:42:27

That sounds like in digerd!

Bells, you are welcome smile

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 13:42:48

Fun, not in!

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 14:00:28

Thanks kitten - I love it.
At 11,30 the skies were already grey, and still hovering around 0, but no precipitation < posh word I learned on MN>, and the frost still lingering. Noticed it was all in spikes, like rose thorns or bristles about 0.5cm or less. Have some gorgeous intricate lace cobwebs on my small conifers that I couldn't have done so expertly myself with a spray can, and artistically placed too. The grass was standing up in a short spiky hairdo! Awesome

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 19:26:45

Sounds beautiful smile

What a shame that its all going to go to mush tomorrow sad

I don't want the mush.
Just read this on twitter:@TWOweather: Sensational ECM 12z tonight. #thinksnow for many by Dec 22nd. Almost no support for this from the GFS 12z. Buzz later http://t.co/RAscoVpQ

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 20:05:10

Ooooo, I've not been following the ECM so much recently. Will take a peek.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 20:11:03

Well well, that is interesting. No support from the other models, but certainly something to raise the spirits a little. I will wait til tomorrow and see if its still trending that way before I get everyone's hopes up!

There is yucky sleety rain falling in south west London. Oh the disappointment!!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 22:22:45

sad the start of the warm up.

nooooooo not the 22nd <can't take another year of travel stress we fly that day>angry

digerd Fri 14-Dec-12 16:44:49

Forecast was right last night , 0 at 22.16 and +5 at 7am and lots of rain but not wind here. +9 now. But it was very dark and dismal this morning in the house < peevy face>. Lots of rain all day. Just opened the door and skies are partly clear and feels very mild< happy face>

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Dec-12 16:46:48

It hasn't really got light all day here, the rain is torrential, roads have started to flood again. sad It is warmer though.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Fri 14-Dec-12 16:53:54

D&P don't worry, no model support for that scenario. Looking like mild rain at the moment.

Sparkling, it's been grim hasn't it.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Fri 14-Dec-12 16:55:00

We had a nice blowy spell, didn't really realise cos I was dozing on the sofa but dd arrived home looking like she had been hanging out of a cockpit window during landing!

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Dec-12 16:56:48

grin OYMLK, two v soggy DSs arrived home today. Shoes in the airing cupboard to dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now