Corrie thread - How many more implausible plots until the new person takes over? NO SPOILERS PLEASE

(996 Posts)
AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 03-Apr-16 20:03:30

Have started a new thread as the old one was nearly full and people wanted a "No spoilers" message in the title.

Are we placing too much hope in the new producer? How the hell are they going to get out of the plot holes?

I read the other day that the Les Battersby actor was seen at the studios. I am hoping that was a bad-taste April Fool's joke.

raininginspringtime Sun 03-Apr-16 20:09:24

Hellooooo!

Les Battersby, oh dear. Isn't he an alcoholic in RL?

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 03-Apr-16 20:14:49

He would drive me to drink, raining.

CandOdad Sun 03-Apr-16 20:31:50

Is 90% nearly complete then?

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 03-Apr-16 20:35:49

Near enough.

HirplesWithHaggis Sun 03-Apr-16 21:11:22

The last thread was taking an age to load on my iPad, I'm delighted to have a new one! grin

Just looked at Les Battersby/Bruce Jones on wiki, seems he's an alcoholic, split from his wife and is living on benefits.

I had no idea he'd found one of the Yorkshire Ripper's victims, I wonder if the shock contributed to the boozing?

Rachel0Greep Sun 03-Apr-16 21:13:02

Thanks for new thread Anne. I think the new producer has a huge challenge to pull Corrie around, but fingers crossed.

Seeyounearertime Sun 03-Apr-16 21:20:35

New producer needs to sack the writers and half the "Stars" to be honest.

Then they can try to get back to fewer characters with proper long stories that build to a decent conclusion. They need to stop the jumping around and quick 2 week stories.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 03-Apr-16 21:45:48

Hello ! Marking place so I can be irritated at Fiz for a while longer.

SymphonyofShadows Sun 03-Apr-16 22:02:28

Thanks Anne

whatdoIget Sun 03-Apr-16 22:03:49

Hello, just marking my place

Clawdy Sun 03-Apr-16 22:26:42

Think Les B was spotted hanging round an outdoor shoot, not the studio. Hopefully it doesn't mean he's returning.

southeastdweller Sun 03-Apr-16 22:26:57

Did you start a new thread, Anne? grin

Thanks - a new thread and new producer will hopefully mean less grumbles and more praise!

WhoKnowsWhereTheT1meGoes Sun 03-Apr-16 22:29:17

I'm marking my spot in case things improve with the new producer and I can start watching again grin

BoGrainger Sun 03-Apr-16 22:54:32

Thanks for the new thread

EachandEveryone Mon 04-Apr-16 00:24:17

Liz was ridiculous in the last episode.

desperatehousewife21 Mon 04-Apr-16 07:55:47

Place marking.

What was the significance of Sarah staring at the crying baby? Does she not want him?

AnneEyhtMeyer Mon 04-Apr-16 08:00:21

I think Sarah might abandon the baby somewhere. She looked very oddly at the baby so it must have some significance.

millimat Mon 04-Apr-16 08:54:23

Prob be a pnd storyline, fixed within one week by a magic drug life is oh so easy and realistic

southeastdweller Mon 04-Apr-16 08:55:31

Yes, a PND or a breakdown story may be forthcoming for her, which will lead to Callum's body being discovered.

I said on the previous thread that I expect a love triangle story with Freddie, Ken and Audrey to happen. Now I'm even more sure of it, after watching the stag party episodes last week.

Hygge Mon 04-Apr-16 09:44:33

I was thinking that Callum's Mum might take the baby, (either with or without Sarah's permission) and Sarah would then realise she loved him after all and want him back.

BoGrainger Mon 04-Apr-16 10:37:30

Do you think they would repeat the Fay story so soon? ie not bonding and father's family step in? It seems the scriptwriters like the drama of an unforeseen pregnancy but don't like to think of the consequences of having a baby to remember in future plotlines (Lily, Jake etc)

eddiemairswife Mon 04-Apr-16 11:14:17

I think Sarah is being over-protective because of what happened to Billy (the baby, NOT the vicar). She probably feels that something awful is going to happen to him. I don't know why on earth Marion's character was ever introduced.

Rachel0Greep Mon 04-Apr-16 11:29:06

Once again, we are been beaten over the head with clues.
Freddie appears on the scene anytime Ken and Audrey are together, and Freddie is yet again the hero. I think he could be a good character, if written properly.They need to drop the 'Sadie' stuff since we never knew her.

southeastdweller Mon 04-Apr-16 12:33:00

I agree he has potential, also Derek Griffiths is a really good actor. I was cringing when watching the scene last week when he was acting with the chap who badly played the drunk that picked a fight with Freddie.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now