Chatting about clothes we probably don't need..

(490 Posts)
JackandDiane Mon 13-Jun-16 21:56:51

nothing fancy - just normal clothes

all welcome

Whatthefoxgoingon Mon 13-Jun-16 22:00:43

I don't really need a pale leather jacket. But I want one.

nickdrakeslovechild Mon 13-Jun-16 22:04:55

Cant wait till the shops get jumpers in! Am now in need of jumpers.

PollyPerseid Mon 13-Jun-16 22:05:35

I want a black and a navy Boden ruched skirt but they are always out of stock. Plus I don't actually need one.

I am stalking you Johnnie.

taybert Mon 13-Jun-16 22:07:52

Posh people don't clean toilets.

LaConnerie Mon 13-Jun-16 22:15:12

Can handbags be included? I am currently looking for the perfect Tote - got to be not too big but big enough, soft leather but firm enough to be quite rigid, must have separate internal sections and close completely with flap or zip, and must be the perfect shade of chestnut. Not much to ask you would think grin.

I already have... um.. quite a few gazzillion bags but none of them are quite right. I am the Goldilocks of bag hoarders.

LittleMissWagtail Mon 13-Jun-16 22:17:22

Aaahhhh - we're back!

taybert Mon 13-Jun-16 22:17:39

Have you looked at Yoshi Bags. Nice leather.

LaConnerie Mon 13-Jun-16 22:22:55

Ooh. They do look lovely. Are you supposed to be encouraging ne though? grin. Please tell me I don't need a bag in the style of a bourbon biscuit - it looks yumcious...

taybert Mon 13-Jun-16 22:25:20

Oh yes, it's a very encouraging thread. I've got this one nameless bag. It's good.

PixieMiss Mon 13-Jun-16 22:27:38

I have just bought this dress from asos. A lot of the things that I buy from there end up going back but we shall see!

freshprincess Mon 13-Jun-16 22:30:13

Since I got the 'recommended by Mn' email I've become obsessed Boden ruched skirt. I hardly ever wear skirts and don't like navy blue much. But I really neeeeed it.
And after another thread, I've got my eye on a few Ted Baker summer dresses for weddings I'm not going to. ASOS are stalking me round the Internet showing me ads for such lovely dresses, enticing me.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 13-Jun-16 22:36:17

I tried on a chambray midi-skirt in Oasis today. It made me look as wide as a house (I'm a size 10, so not massive) but I am obsessing about it with a stripy blue and white t-shirt and my red Saltwaters. (My waist looked tiny, but I think it was too pouffy.)

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 13-Jun-16 22:37:06

Also, it is warm enough for bare legs/sandals about three days a year here.

KanyesVest Mon 13-Jun-16 22:37:15

Oh lordy, I need a new wallet, and those Yoshi ones are calling to me. Straw poll, yellow or orange?

JackandDiane Mon 13-Jun-16 22:38:45

The boden Ruched skirt (I think I was the original finder ( is v good. I have two

thenightsky Mon 13-Jun-16 22:42:22

Yellow. But I'm bias... I hate orange.

LaConnerie Mon 13-Jun-16 22:46:08

Yellow definitely. The orange is too Tango for me.

princessconsuelabannahammock Mon 13-Jun-16 22:51:52

I just lost the most amazing dress on ebay - silk maxi ideal for a wedding i have coming up. I am new to ebay and i didnt put in my top max price that i would have been prepared to pay - difficult lesson to learn- i BLOODY LOVED IT and it was the one. sob sob. Did get a lovely dress for my forthcoming holiday however.

I am desperate to splash out on some new clothes as i am almost a size 14 but i have an extensive wardrobe from when i was last a size 14 and i dont want to add to my mountain of clothes i will (and never do) slim into

JohnCheese Mon 13-Jun-16 22:55:10

Prefer the orange. And it's a far more practical design. Much better. Yellow one isn't as handy. Easy to see in the dark hell hole that is the inside of my bag.

NatalieRushman Mon 13-Jun-16 22:56:18

Just ordered a gorgeous blue, floral Henry Holland dress online. I'm starting to regret it a teensy little bit as I'm worried it'll be too flouncy to wear as a day dress, even though I wear a lot of petty dresses.

CointreauVersial Mon 13-Jun-16 23:03:00

Argh, infuriating, isn't it princess? I decided I really really needed that M&S Beauty Box, which required a spend of £40. I managed to spend more than double that and have ordered the following:

This khaki dress recommended by someone (Remus?) on here. Think it will be perfect for work.

This jumpsuit. Could be lovely, could however make my arse look the size of a small country. I have a 50th birthday doo coming up and this might do the job.

Will probably end up returning both and keeping the Beauty Box, tbh.hmm

thenightsky Mon 13-Jun-16 23:11:07

hahhahah CointreauVersial I just fell for the beauty box hype too and ordered, amongst other stuff, that khaki green dress!

CointreauVersial Mon 13-Jun-16 23:14:18

We will have to have a Style Off.

Floisme Tue 14-Jun-16 07:10:29

Nice dress. Think I'm going to send for this top. It's £40 from my new specs and and Emma Peel coat fund but I can't walk on by when Whistles have a sale. I like that it's autumnal - had enough of summer clothes now;
www.whistles.com/women/sale/knitwear/rib-v-neck-top-21216.html?dwvar_rib-v-neck-top-21216_color=Olive#start=1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now