what nailpolish are you wearing? and where do you buy from?

(225 Posts)
BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Mon 15-Oct-12 18:26:21

I love polishes, I'm not a fan of make up, but nailpolish is the equivilant of shoes, or jewellery. It finishes an outfit.

Today I am wearing Essie school of hard rocks, an ace dark teal. With a barry m yellow topaz glitter topcoat. The topcoat looks like models own, but is half the price, from superdrug, buy 2 get a web or croc effect free. And the essie came from cheapsmells.com

LulaPalooza Mon 15-Oct-12 18:51:38

Essie Chinchilly with a top coat of Avon Nail Experts 24k Gold Strength which adds just the teensiest bit of sparkle.

Thank you for the info re cheapsmells. I LOVE Essie nail polish.

3mily Mon 15-Oct-12 18:52:45

Inattendu - Chanel. I bought it today as fancied a new nudey colour smile

I love that Essie one, it may have to be added to my ever growing collection smile

wasabipeanut Mon 15-Oct-12 18:54:44

I have a lovely dark navy ( no 7 I think) with a sparkly silver by Estée Lauder over the top.

<preens>

SilkandSteel Mon 15-Oct-12 19:05:46

Essie Sand Tropez bought in Boots

Pinot Mon 15-Oct-12 19:14:28

OPI My Private Jet. Delicious charcoal grey shot through with flecks. I love it a ridiculous amount.

Stevie77 Mon 15-Oct-12 19:15:23

Sally Hansen's Flirt which is a dark berry shade with a little bit of shimmer on very short nails. I always make such a mess applying dark polishes!

SilkandSteel I've got Sand Tropez too, a lovely shade but not one if Essie's best as it needs three coats to look right, which I find annoying.

HotDAMNlifeisgood Mon 15-Oct-12 19:15:52

OPI My Private Jet here too

MrsEddChina Mon 15-Oct-12 19:17:15

I love Avon nail polish at the moment.

Pinot Mon 15-Oct-12 19:19:48

yay HotDAMN what great taste you have ;)

issimma Mon 15-Oct-12 19:24:27

Where's a good place to buy OPI from? I love 'bubble bath' for everyday, and also MAC 'girl trouble' for a bit of sparkle.

ScooseIsLooseInTheHauntedHoose Mon 15-Oct-12 19:31:33

I'm wearing opi ink at the moment but about to change it to opi shorts story which is a perfect bright pink shade! I order or buy at John Lewis or order online from the opi website.

EdithWeston Mon 15-Oct-12 19:33:57

I go for Avon too. I have teal on toes and a good shimmery quick-dry nudish one on fingers.

Meggles76 Mon 15-Oct-12 19:34:07

Ruby red by Rimmel on hands and feet. I don't spend much on varnish

shellyf Mon 15-Oct-12 19:37:36

Red gel nails courtesy of my nineteen year old dd.

BumsyClugger Mon 15-Oct-12 19:45:11

I am wearing a cheapo 99p plum type colour from Tesco, that I grabbed when I fancied some purple nails while doing the shopping one day. None of the more expensive ones had a purple so I thought for 99p it won't matter if it's rubbish. It is actually really good.

I painted my nails last Tuesday, with a matt top coat and have very minimal chipping at the very tips of some of my nails. Amazed at my bargain; all other nail varnishes chip badly off my nails within a day or two.

BumsyClugger Mon 15-Oct-12 19:47:21

Oh, and thanks for the superdrug info! I love the Barry M deals grin

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Mon 15-Oct-12 19:51:05

buyapowa has regular deals on opi. I change my polish almost every day, depending on what I'm wearing. just got some brushes to practice fancying them up.

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Mon 15-Oct-12 19:53:16

I got the web effect in an ace bright orange, tried it over their teal (which is more of a turquoise) and its fab. I'm going to grab the croc effect on weds.

crispychicken Mon 15-Oct-12 20:15:46

On my fingers, I have Ciate in Dangerous Affair which is a dark berry/burgundy colour with an accent nail of OPI Nicki Minaj Metallic 4 Life, which is a dark grey with silver glitter. Love these together, they look ace.
On my toes I have Ciate Mojito, which is a minty green and then another OPI glitter topcoat, which is green glitter, forgotten its 'proper name'!!
Love a bit if glitter!!!

Stevie77 Mon 15-Oct-12 20:26:51

Kind of relevant - can anyone recommend a good top coat? Not happy with mine. Went for a cheap and cheerful Barry M one and it doesn't do a good job. Just a clear regular one, no special effects smile

LulaPalooza Mon 15-Oct-12 20:54:41

I use Seche Vite simply because I am too impatient to wait hours for my nails to be properly dry. I've tried the Sally Hansen quick dry top coat but it's not as good as SV.

People have very mixed opinions about SV. It has some quite nasty chemicals in it and it's not recommended if you're pregnant. I make sure the windows are open.

Some people complain that it causes shrinkage but I've never seen that... mainly because, like BlameIt I change my polish at least every other day.

<obsessed with nail polish>

Stevie77 Mon 15-Oct-12 23:25:05

I heard about SV, didn't realise it was so harsh. Hmmm...

Sagelyhaunting Mon 15-Oct-12 23:28:08

Hands: Chanel Rouge Noir (Present)
Feet: Maybelline-dunno the exact name but it is blue and has stained my nails angry I'm not too sure about the colour, but I think it would be better with a tan than on my dead grey feet smile

3mily Mon 15-Oct-12 23:29:53

I love Seche Vite. It does smell a bit toxic but I like the quick dry time the glossy effect and that my nail varnish stays chip free for well over a week (if I don't get bored before then!)

<obsessed with nail polish too smile>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now