You are digging a deeper and deeper hole MNHQ

(376 Posts)
amillionyears Tue 22-Jan-13 11:00:07
Isabeller Tue 29-Jan-13 22:07:19

Rats, I was enjoying reading this thread till about page six and now I really want to eat some cake but I have sworn off sugar so I have to stop having fun and do some coughing (also have yukky cold but it is going away now thank goodness)

MammaTJ Mon 28-Jan-13 02:02:34

Even if it makes us at MNHQ look like twits

This is one of the reasons I love MN!!

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 24-Jan-13 12:56:45

Sorry to hear about the coughs and colds <passes tissues> no, wait <hot mug of gin and lemon>

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 18:15:31

And have pmed you mintyy grin

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 18:14:59

Mary, dh is just getting over it, he has been unbearable. I am shit with colds because of my ribs, but he was much iller than me and my dislodging ribcage...

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 18:13:19

Biwi, at zero for me too.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 18:12:34

No, I am in a permanent state of flouncing. I might flounce at the drop of hat wink. Sorry you are poorly chuck.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 22-Jan-13 18:10:36

Thanks, Trampy. I suspect I'll have it for a bit longer, I really feel bloody sad. All the kids have survived it, but I'm expecting dh to succomb very soon, and I'm sure he'll get it much worse than anyone hmm.

Mintyy, shouldn't you be UnflouncingMintyy?

I have that thing hidden, because I don't want to know what's being discussed on Facebook.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Tue 22-Jan-13 18:10:04

Facebook thingy top right of thread. So far, no-one seems to have clicked it, which is amazing.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 18:05:59

And has that little thing gone which tells you how many times a thread has been liked on Facebook? I can't see it anywhere but can't imagine this isn't being discussed over there somewhere.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 18:04:46

Who are you Trampy? Can you drop me a pm?

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 18:03:08

Mary sad I've had it too, lasted a bloody fortnight! Hope you feel better soon, lovey.

SirSugar Tue 22-Jan-13 17:59:37

Has Godwins law been used yet?

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 22-Jan-13 17:53:02

I'm sick as a dog Trampy.

Really dying, like or I might have a bit of a cold

I spent most of the last few days asleep shock.

And I'm trying not to spend too many hours here, new year resolution and all that smile. But I'm missing a lot.

Jux Tue 22-Jan-13 17:50:27

Can MNHQ reinstate threads? I would love to see King Tut back too.

I really enjoyed Greensleeves' thread, it was hilarious. DD is currently chortling her way through it instead of doing something useful 'cos I'm a shit mum.

I tend to feel that it's "Buyer beware" on the internet, even here, and always have a pciture in my mind's eye of Dave the Hairy Handed Trucker (who yesterday burnt cakes beneath a birdless sky).

By the way, aren't penguins birds?

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 17:50:12

Slight diversion: how are you mary, I've not seen you for eons!

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 22-Jan-13 17:45:57

<sticks tongue out from behind teacher's skirt>

[superior]

actually slightly envious to have missed it all, but sitting on my high horse anyway

grin

TrampyPants Tue 22-Jan-13 17:42:29

<Flicks ink pellet at maryz>

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Tue 22-Jan-13 17:39:26

Bloody hell, this thread has deteriorated somewhat.

I presume by all the deletions that there is a competitive game of "I'm reporting you: no I'm reporting you first" going on.

Here Miss <sticks up hand> I'm telling on everyone. The are all being meeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaan to each other.

<channels 3 year old>

All this over the cake and lack of birds thread?!

I thought it was funny and wasn't offensive. Wish I had that sort of imagination grin

champagnesupernova Tue 22-Jan-13 17:36:42

Crikey. I have been away from MN for a bit and come back to see this.
I always miss the bunfights
For those who seem to be having problems with any changes
this might help
grin

That's how it read to me. And probably to OP too. Disingenuous on here, as you know, has a rather iffy context.
However, thanks for the clarification .

FloatyBeatie Tue 22-Jan-13 17:20:01

I thought it was a splendidly generous apology. I wish I had the nerve to say sorry more. It sometimes feels a v scary thing to do, a bit like draping yourself with meat in a lion enclosure.

Hullygully Tue 22-Jan-13 17:17:35

Get yer ed in that oven, Helen

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 22-Jan-13 17:15:28

KatieScarlett

"Disingenuous" MNHQ?

That's just rude. A non confession of culpability)

(Team Millions on that issue)

Well, it certainly wasn't meant to be rude.

Disingenuous means "not candid". Which was exactly what I was culpable of being. And what I apologised for.

I quoted our Talk Guidelines about trolls, without disclosing that they had been very slightly tweaked last night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now