Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Oh God! Just looked up H OW on FB - feel sick

(1001 Posts)
Whatnext074 Sat 12-Oct-13 23:52:29

I know I shouldn't have done it but I was curious. Yesterday I told myself that I didn't need to search for her but I just did, I didn't know her surname but just did a search under her first name and location.

My H told me she was older than me but she doesn't look it and I feel so sick as she is stunning. I feel sick, I feel sick! It's all in my head now and I shouldn't have looked. I'm just torturing myself. I'll never get better.

You only think she's stunning because your confidence has taken a big battering - thanks to your H.

If she's that stunning, why is she chasing married men?

ITCouldBeWorse Sat 12-Oct-13 23:58:39

Bear in mind, she will ave chosen her most flattering pic.

I hope you ave the support you need.

Whatnext074 Sun 13-Oct-13 00:02:46

There are lots of pictures of her and she looks like a model. He's not coming back - he has destroyed me.

Whatnext074 Sun 13-Oct-13 00:03:58

I can't take this pain, I want it to end. I hurt so much. I'm sorry.

reelingintheyears Sun 13-Oct-13 00:05:57

Block her, then the next time you're tempted to torture yourself you'll have to go through all the un blocking which should give you time to realise what you're doing and stop.

Hope you're ok.

uptheanty Sun 13-Oct-13 00:06:22

Ffs fb is a pile of shit.

I came off fb years ago for this very reason. It makes people feel crap.

I looked feckin beautiful on my pics, that's why i posted them...

So did she!

Tiptops Sun 13-Oct-13 00:08:54

I'm so sorry you're hurting like this. Do you have anyone in RL who can come and support you? I know it will be impossible to put this out of your mind but could you watch a movie or read a book to give yourself a couple of hours to think about something else?

MrsEdinburgh Sun 13-Oct-13 00:08:56

Please don't do anything rash. Yes it will hurt badly....but you are stronger.
He's the stupid/weak one, too spineless or stupid to say he's not happy or content.

beaglesaresweet Sun 13-Oct-13 00:09:55

OP, try to breathe slowly. Think rationally for a moment - would it be any netter if he wasn't stunning? it really doesn't matter. Also if he's so shalow that he has to chase stunners, above all else, then this wouldn't last either, once she is older or he finds some other flaw. Everyone has their 'bad day' look, even stunners, so his illusion will be shattered soon.

Just as uptheanty says.

I look gorgeous in my FB profile. But it was taken on my honeymoon, I was three dress sizes smaller, my hair was beautiful and long and blonde.....

Now??? Well I still have the same name, but that's about it!!!!

beaglesaresweet Sun 13-Oct-13 00:10:17

she, not 'he'

OldBagWantsNewBag Sun 13-Oct-13 00:17:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whatnext074 Sun 13-Oct-13 00:43:51

I phoned him for the first time since he left. I'm distraught, he doesn't care. I've had enough. I'm sorry.

nameimadeupjustnow Sun 13-Oct-13 00:47:03

Whatnext, I'm so sorry you're feeling like this. We'll talk to you, but is there someone you can call right now in RL?

nameimadeupjustnow Sun 13-Oct-13 00:48:16

Someone who will make you feel better, and not your shallow, pathetic H!

HardFacedCareeristBitchNigel Sun 13-Oct-13 00:50:50

I look fucking amazing on fb. The picture is 10 years old and about 5 stone lighter. And retouched.

Me2Me2 Sun 13-Oct-13 00:55:45

Yup we stick up pics we want others to see. Turn away. An affair stinks full stop. As for the OW, there would be reasons to feel insulted whatever her appearance

Whatnext074 Sun 13-Oct-13 01:03:38

They look perfect together. He didn't care, just said I woke him up and told me it's not the OW fault. He's hurt me beyond belief, other people get through this, get angry, but I'm going backwards. I can't see a way out. I've written down some things for him and my DS. I'm so tired and can't see a way out. I am so weak, I should be strong, I'm not, I used to be. I loved him, he's destroyed me. I'm sorry. It's late so there's nobody in RL now.

Pajimjams Sun 13-Oct-13 01:05:00

Please

Pajimjams Sun 13-Oct-13 01:06:46

Please please don't make any big decisions about anything now. It's late and you are in shock.
Stay here and talk to us.
You are not alone.
You need to survive for your boy.
Keep safe

joanofarchitrave Sun 13-Oct-13 01:09:07

Whatnext please call the Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 just to hear a human voice. I'm so sorry you feel so bad.

LovePotatoes Sun 13-Oct-13 01:09:33

Hello. didnt want to read and not answer your post. What do you mean you have written down somethings for your H and DS? Are you planning on hurting yourself? No one is worth hurting yourself!

Mellowandfruitful Sun 13-Oct-13 01:10:04

Ring the Samaritans now.

She is ugly on the inside. Your son needs you and you will always be beautiful to him. He can't replace you.

Whatnext074 Sun 13-Oct-13 01:11:51

I would have loved him forever. He doesn't care, even when I phoned him, just said that I woke him up.

This thread is not accepting new messages.