No more walking on eggshells for Helen! Heading for an eggsplosive Easter weekend in The Archers - will Helen Archer be resurrected by the end of this thread?

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

PseudoBadger Sat 26-Mar-16 08:30:15

Helen knows she's not cracking up - Knob is an eggomaniac.

Are we eggshausted with this storyline?

PseudoBadger Sat 26-Mar-16 08:31:48

Oh! Oh! And it's the 50th thread!!!!!

I've loved discussing The Archers with you all flowers

RomComPhooey Sat 26-Mar-16 08:32:02

Pseudo - I don't follow the Archers, but I often admire your thread titles.

GeekLove Sat 26-Mar-16 08:34:06

Long term lurker checking in ever since "why are the scripr writers letting it happen?"

Is it wrong for me to read this thread since listening to Knob is too hard?

recyclingbag Sat 26-Mar-16 08:34:21

Hurrah!

I just posted on the other thread but will cut and paste

Rob doesn't want to endanger the baby or Helen. He wants Helen to be incapable of thinking for herself so constantly moves the goal posts.

"Of course you must have a home birth, mother knows best" becomes "of course you can't change Helen's mind once she's decided something" and would have inevitably become "you stupid woman, what on earth were you thinking, I never should have allowed you to endanger our child"

Helen needs to be confused.

He's employing the exactly the same tactic with "lie down, lie down, lie down, lie down, lie down, how dare you spend the afternoon lying down"

PseudoBadger Sat 26-Mar-16 08:38:14

Thanks RomCom! More often than not I try to incorporate posters' suggestions to get a good one smile

PseudoBadger Sat 26-Mar-16 08:39:22

And now you have this thread on your TIO - you'll be listening and wanting to murder Rob by Monday wink

Gruach Sat 26-Mar-16 08:43:35

starflowersbrewstarflowerscakestar

Hurrah!

Stupendous effort Pseudo.

Congratulations to us all - listeners, posters, lurkers ...starstarstar

Oh, and here's a nice interview with Helen. (Telegraph)

Imbroglio Sat 26-Mar-16 08:43:53

I think that conversation with her son made Helen has realise that she'll lose Henry if she stays with Rob, regardless of whether he is sent away.

I hope she escapes safely and in a way that other trapped women can take heart from.

PseudoBadger Sat 26-Mar-16 08:46:01

"Is it wrong for me to read this thread since listening to Knob is too hard?" Many people can't bear to listen Geek. Nice to have you along

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Sat 26-Mar-16 08:48:00

Place marking!
Helen is going to face worse over the coming days/weeks. Rob was panicking - he had to come back to check on her even though he just left, he took her keys on a whim I think. He's flailing as he can feel the control slipping, so now he will up the gas lighting and could go one of two ways - saccharine sweet or physically abusive. Possibly both. Helen is torn, her conversation with WA was a breakthrough but she's still hoping she's wrong, but equally you can tell she's made a decision to stand up for herself. The hospital birth, refusing to make his dinner, both signs of rebellion. It will get worse but we are gearing up for the crescendo.

Butteredparsnips Sat 26-Mar-16 08:53:32

Thanks Pseudo, eggcellent thread title ! flowers star biscuit shamrock flowers star biscuit shamrock flowers star biscuit shamrock

MeolsCop Sat 26-Mar-16 09:01:07

I reckon we must have a while to go yet. They haven't started playing trails for the final showdown, for one thing (I don't think - haven't been aware of any, and I'm a hardcore R4 listener). Previous resolutions to major storylines have been preceded by weeks of teasers, culminating in The Big One, an ep that focuses solely on the people (usually two people) involved.

So I fear it could be some time before we have the epic HelKnob two-hander in which she'll escape and he'll be castrated with a rusty scythe, we hope

DadDadDad Sat 26-Mar-16 09:03:44

Well done, Pseudo, have 50 of these:
starstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstarstar

If we were at work, I'd be thinking what processes are in place for someone else to start a new thread if PB is unavailable (illness, holiday etc)? But then I think you're creativity with thread titles would be hard to replace...

WipsGlitter Sat 26-Mar-16 09:04:40

🎉🎉🎉🍾🎉🎉🎉

Marking for an egg-citing conclusion!!

GypsyFl0ss Sat 26-Mar-16 09:06:02

Thankyou Pseudo for this and all the other threads. For me they are the best thing on MN and I love being part of them. tbusmile

DadDadDad Sat 26-Mar-16 09:13:52

I can't believe I typed "you're" instead of "your". I'm obviously getting too excited. blush

AbelMancwitch Sat 26-Mar-16 09:21:19

"Make your own supper" - yay! I hope she talks to Kirstie and Pat now...

drspouse Sat 26-Mar-16 09:21:23

Sorry for place marker which will fill up the thread faster.

GypsyFl0ss Sat 26-Mar-16 09:23:08

D^3 ITYM egg-cited tbugrin

Bourdic Sat 26-Mar-16 09:24:34

I keep thinking that surely something has to happen that is unambiguous for Helen - a phone call from the school for further information which Helen takes? I know it's the holidays but maybe admin staff working? <clutches at straws>

drspouse Sat 26-Mar-16 09:29:55

Not all schools are on holiday.

redshoeblueshoe Sat 26-Mar-16 09:35:31

star flowers cake wine tbusmile star flowers cake wine tbusmile star

Eggcellent title and Congratulations on your 50th thread Psuedo

BoreOfWhabylon Sat 26-Mar-16 09:36:49

Thank you once again Pseudo and cngratulations to you and all of us for reaching 50!

Who'da thought it grin

ppeatfruit Sat 26-Mar-16 09:38:30

Many congratulations everyone on the 50th thread and creating it Psuedo Thank you grin

Marking my place for before girding my loins to LA. It's sounding very interesting grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.