We're on a road through Ambridge, come on inside. Archers chat here

(976 Posts)
PseudoBadger Mon 09-Jun-14 08:24:55

Have you had your free venison burger?

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Mon 09-Jun-14 08:29:17

If only! An expensive gesture, surely? I wonder how many of the visitors shrugged off that calf's death as easily as Charlie did?

BitOutOfPractice Mon 09-Jun-14 08:33:28

Helloooooo!

Thank you for the Hilary Noakes insight Mimsy.

It's funny, all of the silent characters have a strong image in my mind, but not her.

I think I'd like to go for a glass of suavignon blanc with Sabrina Thwaite grin

PseudoBadger Mon 09-Jun-14 08:34:11

I just listened whilst making breakfast and starting the thread.
Is Perfect Dan going to suffer a horrible dehydrated demise in the Black Mountains?!

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Mon 09-Jun-14 08:48:30

Saying 'I think she has a parrot' hardly qualifies as an insight, Bit! However, I do have a mental image of her, a bit like the deaf guest played by Joan Sanderson in Fawlty Towers.

LillianGish Mon 09-Jun-14 09:17:34

Marks place.

ppeatfruit Mon 09-Jun-14 09:30:22

Hello THANK YOU FOR THE NEW THREAD Psuedo !!

Kirk1 just a few more points about Lil's ex lover; he became more and more controlling (making knob seem like a pussy cat in comparison) even trying to control his ex wife's wedding; Lil was just cottoning on when he had a heart attack "alone in a hotel room" which was lucky for Lilian, Although she emoted ridiculously afterwards. grin

puggle01 Mon 09-Jun-14 09:32:59

But where and by who (whom?) were the burgers cooked? I imagine the old gourmet grills van with a handpainted sign saying "under new management" while Rob fries off frozen economy venison burgers from Farmfoods

PseudoBadger Mon 09-Jun-14 09:38:45

Do you think they were even Venison? horse

ppeatfruit Mon 09-Jun-14 10:14:49

Good questions wrf 'venison' burgers ! it wasn't Jenny that cooked them for sure; they would've been plastered grin

ErrolTheDragon Mon 09-Jun-14 11:13:21

R4 - the other thing in the Lil/Paul saga was that Matt had found out (but didn't say anything) and had sent a heavy round to tell him to stay away, My assumption was that this contributed to the heart attack. Then Matt was very nice to lillian but insisted on them goign to the funeral though he must have known it would be awful for her. It was deeply unpleasant and I didn't think it was in character for Matt at all. Dodgy financial dealings but not that nastiess.

BitOutOfPractice Mon 09-Jun-14 11:25:13

Mimsry it was less the parrot and more of the redoubtable-ness that was insightful grin

But YY that's the image for sure!

GypsyFloss Mon 09-Jun-14 11:59:09

I don't want a deaded Dan. In my mind he's lovely to look at and he sounds charming too. But more importantly I just couldn't bear Shula's grief and poor Al getting martyred at all the time.

I like Charlie, he's like Teflon and it all just bounces right off him.

GypsyFloss Mon 09-Jun-14 12:00:24

Thanks for the ear worm new thread * Pseudo* grin

cheminotte Mon 09-Jun-14 12:21:20

I think of Hillary as being everything that Linda thinks she isn't but other people think she is, iykwim. Eg a bit of a busybody for example.
Thanks for the new thread Pseudo!

ZeroSomeGameThingy Mon 09-Jun-14 12:22:36

Talking Heads! Very apt for radio.

Thank you Pseudoflowers

Also, at first I dismissed your venison/horse query as a joke but, thinking about it, the meat must have been frozen since out of season and, given Rob's evil influence re non-organic feed and Charlie's cavalier attitude to farming I'm wondering if they've decided to introduce yet another scandalous storyline.

ppeatfruit Mon 09-Jun-14 12:24:41

Yes Errol But Lil wasn't exactly upfront with Matt was she? If she'd told him the truth?! Their double bluff games weren't edifying but entirely in character IMO Matt ain't a teddy bear.

thanks for the new thread!

Kirk1 Mon 09-Jun-14 12:56:12

Thanks for the new thread, and the info! Matt's no fool though, did he just decide to let it slide?

PseudoBadger Mon 09-Jun-14 13:09:07

Oh gosh Kirk - can open, worms everywhere!
Yes. Throughout a protracted storyline across 2 radio stations, essentially that's what he did. It wasn't TA's finest hour.

HamAndPlaques Mon 09-Jun-14 13:28:42

As I recall, Matt panicked when he realised that his heavy had intimidated Paul to death but only insofar as it might implicate him. Once he was confident that the death wasn't being treated as suspicious he was very blasé about it and seemed to consider it a fairly desirable outcome.

He only knew the the OM was Paul because he had had Lillian followed by a private detective. He really seemed to enjoy forcing Lillian to endure Paul's funeral with him beside her and it was deeply creepy.

OddFodd Mon 09-Jun-14 13:44:54

Lovely thread title Pseudo - thank you smile

No venison for me - I'm trying to knit a matinee jacket.

And is it me or is Charlie even crappier at acting than boring Auntie Chris?

TallGiraffe Mon 09-Jun-14 13:49:45

Hope you're feeling better Pseudo

puggle01 Mon 09-Jun-14 14:21:06

You're righ Oddfodd - he is the new Auntie Cardboard! He'll be Cardboard Charlie in my head from now on

OddFodd Mon 09-Jun-14 14:42:38

Cardboard Charlie grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now