Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wading into spring with the all new shiny Posifrickentivity thread. PG after MC? Dive right in!

(973 Posts)
SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 17-Feb-14 14:06:58

All comers welcome, we're a rolling thread. Newbies, middles and oldies alike, join here for hand holding, knicker checking and general batshit craziness! grin wink

scater Mon 17-Feb-14 20:20:09

Sorry all for being absent for a while. So excited for a date for you saggy. And, welcome to all newbies.

I continue to stress that movement is not always noticeable but trying not to worry too much. Scan a week on Fridaysmile

TotalShock Mon 17-Feb-14 20:39:52

So much happening on here

Liesel congratulations!

Saggy thanks for the new thread and exciting news about your date, and pixie just after that!

Hopeful so pleased your scan went well but now step away from google!

Jbrd sorry you have all this worry but thank goodness the midwife has organised a scan and you can get some answers

Still bricking it about next week so pixie, saggy, guff feel free to beat me in the race.....!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 17-Feb-14 21:11:04

Hmmm. Interesting development...
serious irregular braxton hicks all round the supermarket tonight. Proper ouchy. confused
I never really had serious ones before, mild tightening but not much else, and ive never gone into spontaneous labour, always been induced!
Although I am dying to meet Ryvita, I'd really rather she baked for another week or two! confused And between you and me, It's my work Christmas dinner on Wednesday, and the idea of trading 3 courses of all expenses paid gourmet deliciousness for an NHS meat and 2 veg makes me want to cry! confused blush sad

Emki Mon 17-Feb-14 21:29:47

Hello - just marking my spot. thank you saggy and your secret is safe with us! Thank you for sharing.

Great news penguin - I have mine tomorrow - even though I'm feeling baby move I'm still terrified. Did the midwife just feel the bump and then listen for heartbeat or did you have a scan?

Good news Hopeful - I felt the same about home doppler - was tempted, but then knew that if I couldn't find heart beat I would be freaking out and cause myself more stress.

Thinking of you 'jbrd*

Evening ladies :-)

Thanks for the new thread saggy :-) Hope your BH have calmed down.

JBird - thinking of you Hun, glad you have a supportive midwife.

We had a 4d scan yesterday - I know some people don't rate them but it was amazing!! Got to see our little miss so clearly - she is such a cutie and looks just like her big brother :-) DS was with us and he loved it - he is so excited!!

Diabetes test tomorrow so 3 fun hours at the hospital! X

Penguinita Mon 17-Feb-14 21:43:04

emki hope it goes well tomorrow. Midwife just felt and measured the bump, no more scans for me unless i do go with the home birth option, in which case I get one at 36 weeks to check Pingu is the right way round.

For those thinking about a Doppler, interestingly the midwife struggled to find the heartbeat for me today and I'm 26 weeks. I thought she had it straight away but she said that was the placenta (I couldn't tell the difference) and baby was hiding behind it, so it took a good 5 minutes to find the actual heartbeat. So maybe a caution there. However, I had a home Doppler and loved it so I'm not really in a place to advise!

Everything crossed for you jBrd.

Ooh saggy, maybe you wished too hard and now it is coming true!

GuffSmuggler Mon 17-Feb-14 22:16:21

Oooo saggy you got a date!! Am so jealous!!!!

fod27 Tue 18-Feb-14 00:35:43

jbrd thinking of you and wishing you the best possible outcome, saggy cross your legs!!! On the Doppler front I have one and love it! Especially when I fell out of the shower, I was terrified and the Doppler really reassured me, as for fetal movement I didn't feel anything post 20 weeks (anything concrete) and MW said not to worry unless I was post 22 weeks without movement - it's down to a number of things: your weight, baby's sizes, number of prior pregnancies and prior full term pregnancies. So if I was a size 6 with a large first time baby (lots of elasticity still in those stomach muscles) then hell yeahhhh I should feel it / hope that made sense

squizita Tue 18-Feb-14 07:47:09

Hi all.
Just had a 3 sips fof DHs morning coffee and 3 prunes. Feel sick. Wrong end, body... wrong end! and weirdly guilty even though 3 sips is well within the allowed amount of caffeine and I happily have a full cup of tea once a day.

Off to work, then off to scan at 3pm. DH can come today which is nice.

Saggy FX Ryvita plays nicely till after your meal!

Mummy where'd you get your 4d scan if I get past 12 weeks I am going to book a scan for the long wait and lie to myself it's a 'lifestyle' scan not me being obsessive.

Emki good luck

Penguinita that's exactly why I would be worried re a doppler. If the mw takes a while, clumsy hands here would be down at A&E nightly!

Fod That's interesting re movement times. All of that is a mystery to me, will have to ask about it at the hospital.

Jbird Still thinking of you and keeping fingers crossed.

Pixielady83 Tue 18-Feb-14 07:51:00

ooh saggy smile any progress? bet you go naturally this time. Exciting! hope you get your work dinner first though sounds lush (would like a report of the gourmet food please!)

Adding to late pregnancy symptoms, my coccynx is now swollen and very sore (old injury) sad it's so hard to sleep when everything hurts! I keep thinking new symptoms might be the start of labour and then I get an overwhelming feeling of 'but I'm so tired I don't have the energy for labour'. Does anyone else feel this way? where will it come from?? last time even though SPD was worse I was ironically sleeping better so felt quite ready for it. I feel far less calm and a lot more agitated this time which isn't helping with sleep either.

Sorry for self indulgent post ladies. Really hope those of you having a worrying time have an ok day. jbrd one day closer to that scan xxx

Pixielady83 Tue 18-Feb-14 07:53:03

hope you have a good scan squiz so nice DH can come with you smile

bakingtins Tue 18-Feb-14 07:54:51

squiz good luck today!

saggy hope ryvita stays put until after your dinner.

emki good luck for appt.

pgchimp Tue 18-Feb-14 08:17:39

Squiz good luck with scan today.

Jbrd I hope the next few days go as quickly as possible.

I have started to notice that my irrational feelings of panic are associated with not having enough sleep. I hope that doesn't bode ill for the newborn lack of sleep!

JBrd Tue 18-Feb-14 08:34:46

Good luck today to all of you who are having scans!

Saturday can't come soon enough, but on the other hand I almost wish I could stay in this bubble a bit longer, where I can just tell myself that I am pregnant, just because AF didn't show up and I poas. It's almost like this make-belief world, until you have the solid proof through the camera.
Unfortunately, my DH won't be around, he is going on a ski trip on Saturday. But my lovely friend, when I asked her if she could look after DS while I go for the scan, wasn't having any of it, so now she will come to the scan with me, and her DH (also a very good friend) will watch DS. Some people are just so nice...

Aoifebelle Tue 18-Feb-14 09:47:56

jbrd glad you are getting the support you need. I know what you mean about wanting to stay in that bubble. I was seriously considering just bumbling along pretending I am not preggers and if I happen to make it just pop into a&e when labour hits. Denial is quite a comfortable place to be. I have got a docs appt this pm, and despite wanting to delay it as much as possibe I feel oddly positive having done something other than poas to acknowledge this pregnancy.
squiz thinking of you today.

LondonJen Tue 18-Feb-14 10:42:13

Good luck with both appointments Squiz

Penguin that all sounds fab news. I understand you can have a bit of protein and it be fine..? I have no idea why I think that or where I got that from tho?? Lovely to feel mw on your side too. Important to feel supported I'd imagine.

Ooo Pixie that sounds a bit ouch, sorry hon. From chocolate! Energy for the last hurdle is surely based on at least two huge bars of wholenut? Sorry I don't know about that far down the line but I think my idea has promise!

My DP has had car problems and come home early with a gregs pasty for me!!! I think I have never loved him so much grin

fod27 Tue 18-Feb-14 11:20:06

Jbrd happy to hear you have RL support (that's a rarity from my experience) I got the head tilt and sympathetic eyes for 24 hours then I was expected to 'get over it' your very lucky to have a support system xxx

kjh5 Tue 18-Feb-14 11:40:18

Good luck today Squiz!

JBrd glad you have someone going with you to your scan, no one should have to go through that alone! How's the situation today? Any more bleeding? Sending hugs xx

Saggy your post came back to haunt me at 3am - I woke up with baaaad BH and backache (which is a new combo for me) and DH was still out getting boozed at some work function... so I had a full blown panic attack that I was going into labour and he'd be too drunk to be of any use. Needless to say, today I'm fine (apart from feeling exhausted with worsening SPD and a bad back - the preggo rage at DH is off the leash, lucky he's at work or I might kill him. Hope he has a hangover from hell)

I really need to stop panicking every time I have a twinge, I was born at 31weeks and so even although there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to expect a prem baby, I keep worrying I am going to go into labour at some point this week.

Hope you make it to the gourmet feast though saggy smile

Pixielady83 Tue 18-Feb-14 12:08:32

london grin at whole nut to fuel labour <adds to shopping list> I do have 2 bars of galaxy packed.

Had a really good physio appointment this morning, she took me and DH through lots of good birthing positions which won't aggravate SPD and showed DH good massage techniques. It was very funny watching him turn quite grey when she started explaining how forceps are used and what they need to be careful of when you've got pelvic instability. I honestly thought he might have a funny turn! then later he got in a panic about how he would massage my back if I were in the pool 'do I get in as well?' <panicked face> bless him! explained that massage is just one thing he can do to help, he doesn't have to do it for the whole labour. He's normally very confident and a bit of a know it all so I'm secretly enjoying seeing him looking a bit panicked and confused bless him grin

NerdyBird Tue 18-Feb-14 13:52:17

Hi everyone.

Hope the scan goes well squizita.
I had a lovely facial yesterday at the Elemis spa. It was really relaxing and they do a shoulder and head massage with it. I was a bit worried as the bed I was lying on was heated but I asked her to turn it off after a bit so hopefully baby won't have overheated.

Have decided to try some tips for getting the baby to move. I'm going to try very cold water and a glass of orange juice this evening, before I go to bed. I think being able to feel movement is really going to help me. As I said, I've felt some feelings that could be movement, but I'm not sure. If that doesn't work I've read that drinking Coke can help. I've not had any caffeine since I got my bfp so that will be interesting!

I was also thinking last night about the reasons why I can't stop being anxious that something has gone wrong with the baby. Apart from general anxiety from having had a MMC myself, I think it's also because I know several people in RL who have late losses. So to me it's not a rare thing to happen, it seems just as likely as anything else.

Anyway, I'll give those things a go before I order a doppler.

TeaAndANatter Tue 18-Feb-14 14:51:15

My God, I am ITCHY! Not all over in a worrying-liver way, just ripping my tummy to shreds. Didn't have this kind of stretch marks with the others, but this one is clearly determined to make its mark!
Scratchscratchscratch. Cream buys me about an hour of peace, although the most effective stuff is really stinky.

fod27 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:00:13

In agony ;( pubic bone is burning with pain ;(

Aoifebelle Tue 18-Feb-14 16:33:16

Or dear fod i have no idea of what to suggest to relieve an angry pubic bone - somehow massage doesn't seem appropriate. Does paracetamol help?

Pixie I am loving operation freak your partner out. I think you and the midwife should hatch a plan that gives him a very hands on role. Maybe perianal massage. I am loving hearing the stories of all of so near to the end.

Just back from the docs for me. It was all as expected, except I found out that my EPAU accepts self-referrals for ladies like us, which is good to know. Booking in on the 13th march. Well I suppose it is now official - I am up the duff, now I just need stay that way for the next 8 months.

LondonJen Tue 18-Feb-14 16:33:36

Pixie that all sounds very impressive and helpful. Bless your DH!

Nerdy I am quite fascinated by all the things to try, you'll have to report back with results. Am quite jealous of your facial. Sounds lovely.

Kjh you'll have to cross your legs too!

Sorry Tea and Fod you poor things.

I've been feeling sorry for myself this afternoon as the ever present nausea seems to have increased and will not let up. Normally it isn't as bad after I've eaten but I feel rotten today. Trying to be greatful that nothing is wrong. Am off chocholate and DP has decided to bake brownies. WTF? The waft of warm chocolate really isn't helping it's disgusting (does barf face as there isn't a smiley for that.) If he tries to make me eat one after being told ten times I'm off chocolate I will thwack him one.

Pixielady83 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:43:24

if your DH tries to foist brownies on you send them this way london!

nerdy that sounds like a lovely spa treatment smile I know what you mean about late losses. Two families we know have been affected and it plays on my mind. Do you have any midwife drop in clinics you can go to for some peace of mind?

tea my tummy button feels the same, it's so itchy! I'm pouring almond oil over it on a regular basis to try and ease it!

aoife grin that is a brilliant brilliant plan. Would freak him out no end grin

ahem.... where is saggy??? are she and ryvita jumping the queue? shock grin

hope ladies who had appointments got on ok today smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now