Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PG after MC - posifrickentivity, hand holding, and smelly gush.

(998 Posts)
IBelieveInPink Sat 22-Jun-13 07:32:55

Thread for ladies who are freaking out panicking slightly when preggy after miscarriage.
Plenty of oldies. Newbies always welcome.

Mmm janie that twix trick sounds divine, i'm drooling like a puppy thinking of it. Must buy some Twix!

ldt87 Fri 05-Jul-13 19:12:10

Hi everyone, just off to catch up on how things are for you all. I've not been on much as been feeling rotten all week!

I booked in with the midwife yesterday after my private scan on Sunday and I'm now 9 weeks 3 days. I'm almost at the stage I lost last time so waiting to
Pass that point, but feeling good about the early scan and booking in.

I have my 12 week scan on the 22nd so now it's just a case of waiting for then. I hope everyone is okay and I'll go back and have a read now xx

jmf294 Fri 05-Jul-13 20:13:36

Andadietcoke - I had at least 15 vests and babygros.
If you have a c-sec you will be in 2-3 nights and you pr

jmf294 Fri 05-Jul-13 20:16:31

Stupid phone!!
You will need 3 outfits per baby per 24 hours to be on the safe side!! Newborn was quite big on my daughter who was 6 lbs 14. 0-3 months clothes are huge and my nephew who was 10lbs still was in newborn size.

jmf294 Fri 05-Jul-13 20:19:04

Happy birthday to Choc and Garden - hope you both have a lovely day.

DIY - what a horrid afternoon, hope you feel better now.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend- I'm watching the tennis now- is Murray about to lose?

andadietcoke Fri 05-Jul-13 20:24:35

Oh my goodness. Asda tiny baby is up to 6lb, newborn is 9lb. Next's first size is up to 7lb. M&P petit newborn is up to 7lb.

That's great jmf, thanks. So I need 30 vests and 30 babygros? With maybe half first size (up to 7lb) and half newborn (up to 9lb)? Does that sound about right?

jmf294 Fri 05-Jul-13 20:44:52

30 is quite a lot isn't it!!
I always like to have more so less pressure on getting them washed straight away. Same with school uniform- 5 sets in the wardrobe at the start of the week makes life easier all round.
So exciting isn't it.
I have lots of baby clothes but I will buy this baby all new outfits for the hospital, can then have the hand downs when we get home. I actually love seeing my children's old clothes, lots of happy memories associated with them and will like seeing them worn again.

IBelieveInPink Fri 05-Jul-13 20:58:09

Oh my goodness. Diet this feels real!! And I have been buying everything in 0-3 as I assumed she is going to be big (big babies run in the family) but I guess I need a bit of newborn stuff? Someone said before about having one bag of stuff in hospital, and spares in the boot of the car for when you run out. Maybe you could do that?

We have just been playing games with baby. We poke her, and she kicks back! Can actually see the kicks now.... So much fun! smile

LuckySocks13 Fri 05-Jul-13 21:14:55

Birthday wishes Chocolate and Garden for 2mor.
Pink how lovely feeling all those kicks smile think I've started to feel little something's the last 2 days. I'm also a bit uneasy at the lack of appointments this time around. Be nice for some extra reassurance and support after what we have all been through.
After a positive 20 week scan I have outed myself on Facebook. Felt I wanted to share the joy and love I feel for this baby girl . DS seems happy to be having a little sister. He wants to call her Lola like in Charlie and Lola on cbeebies!

y2k1sophie Fri 05-Jul-13 21:41:42

Anda I'm a paediatrician so worked loads on postnatal wards. I agree with the total of 30 but with you having twins I think it's unlikely you'll need any outfits in the up to 9lb size. I'd get them all in first size (or small baby or whatever it's called). Small and premature babies (eg those born at 35-36 weeks) get cold very quickly in baggy clothes and then need admitting to SCBU to keep them warm and check for infection etc. You'll need a cardie or two each plus socks in case they have trouble keeping themselves warm. I'd consider this good advice for anyone actually, not just twins.

Pentagon Fri 05-Jul-13 21:41:49

lucky great news on your scan! and one more for team pink, yay!!

anda you're getting your hospital bag ready! How exciting!! I really don't remember how many babygros - or what sizes - I had for DD, I need to unpack everything soon and refresh my memory...

Garden. choc best wishes for your birthday tomorrow, have a wonderful day!

DIY it sounds like a traumatic afternoon out for both of you...I hope the chocolate has helped and you're feeling a bit better

We're on holiday in Greece (that's why I wasn't online yesterday), the weather's great but I see that it's the same in the UK - obviously we picked the wrong week to go away! wink Baby's moving more and more which is a relief and so, so wonderful!

IBelieveInPink Fri 05-Jul-13 21:53:52

Yay for kicks lucky! That's fab news!

An happy birthday to the birthday girls tomorrow. What a lovely sunny weeked to have birthdays! smile

LuckySocks13 Fri 05-Jul-13 22:16:53

Ldt: glad you had a good early scan smile one day at a time is one step closer. Keep up with the positivity.

LuckySocks13 Fri 05-Jul-13 22:17:36

Happy holiday pentagon smile

BumpKitty Fri 05-Jul-13 23:11:28

Just had some lemon barley water to get into the Wimbledon spirit and I think the baby likes it grin

DIYandEatCake Sat 06-Jul-13 07:25:33

Happy birthday choc and garden! Hope you have a great day. And happy holiday pentagon.

Peace restored here for now, and yay it's weekend! Forgot to mention, had blood test yesterday so waiting for results, have calmed down about it a bit now though and just hoping I haven't caught it.

LuckySocks13 Sat 06-Jul-13 07:42:42

Fingers crossed for immunity DIY . Busy weekend here and it's going to be a scorcher! School fete today and out on a steam train and picnic tomorrow. Sun cream, hats and water at the ready!

Happy Birthday choc & garden thanksthankswineHope you both have a smashing day!smile

Diy hope your results come back all clear x

Pentagon envy Greece i'm so jealous, must be beautiful out theresmile

Hope everyone enjoys their weekends in this beautiful weather, i'm off to the zoo my dh & my dc today along with a gigantic picnic. Hoping to get lots of photos of the animals & a peaceful train ridegrin, oh well i can only hope with my lot lol!

Still haven't had my nt bloods back, can't remember how long they take, trying not to think about it as the measurements were good!
Got my second mw app next week, hoping to hear baba's heartbeat for the 1st timesmile

Bodicea Sat 06-Jul-13 07:54:04

happy birthday to choc and garden. what a fab day for a birthday. hope you are doing something nice.

yay for coming out on fb lucky xxxx

sympathy for choc. us newbies have got all this to come!

went out on date night last night with dh. few drinks and nice meal. think he was hoping luck was in but felt so bloated from meal wouldn't let him near me. anyone else starting to get really full and uncomfortable after eating ? only 21 weeks thought I wouldn't be this bad this soon!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 06-Jul-13 08:11:51

Pumpkin, we're at exactly the sane stage by the sounds if it, my 16 week appointment next week too! Exciting!

Jmf, pumpkin- how have people reacted when they've found out you're expecting again? Most people have been lovely but I've also had genuine horror from a couple of colleagues: "oh my god, was it planned?!" "are you mad?! I can't imagine having three!" how bloody rude is that!

I'm 14Wk + 3 days on tuesday when i see mw so just 2wks behind you blackholes smile

andadietcoke Sat 06-Jul-13 11:58:42

Happy birthday choc and garden - lovely day for it!

pumpkin my NT results took about two months to come through in the post - I rang the hospital after four and they gave me them over the phone. If you haven't heard anything within a week of the test it's probably low risk.

Bootyluscious Sat 06-Jul-13 12:03:11

Hi everyone - sorry to always dip in and out, I don't have much chance to get on at the moment but have a question if I may? I'm 16 weeks woop! (Blackholes we are week buddies!) and last week bump suddenly appeared, albeit very small - today however it seems to feel smaller?! blush Anyone else had changing bump size at this stage?

Good luck to all with scans - I'm very jealous of Anda with your tiny little pink bundles coming soon and Janie for your twix!! Want a twix now...

BumpKitty Sat 06-Jul-13 13:24:24

bod yes heartburn and or indigestion pretty much every meal, and especially bad heartburn with chocolate sad is there no fun to be had!

booty yes my bump changed loads, sometimes hard and proper and sometimes like flab - it's just the baby moving places I suppose.

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sat 06-Jul-13 14:49:13

Bod I also get a bit of tummy ache after eating too much, especially off I have a lot of bread so trying to cut down on that. I feel like it would be better if I could have a good big fart ha!! But my office position isn't the best for that ha ha!!!

Booty my bump is ever changing, I swear it was bigger a week ago! if I wake up in the morning and lie on my back and rub my tum I can tell its still there! I'm not really showing much if I dress it well, although I would love a perfectly round wee bump and can't wait to show it off! Instead I'm just a bit flabby(er)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now