Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Fantastic, fabulous 40+ Mums-to-be! Part 3

(1000 Posts)
eagleray Mon 14-Jan-13 20:38:19

We've run out of space so here's a new thread so we can support each other and talk about the trials, tribulations and utter joy at being pregnant at 40+

All new members welcome smile

notsoold Wed 03-Apr-13 11:41:41

animol hi there!!! My DS is 13 so I know the fun you are having!! Congratulations on the LO doing so well!!! xxx

BadMissM Wed 03-Apr-13 15:31:57

Waves to Animol and Notsoold I'm 45, (will be 46 when LO born), 24 weeks with DC2... a boy. DD is 14, none inbetween.... so I feel your panic!

Notsoold My brother's partner is Brazilian....

Have had crazy few days as DD has had four squeaky teenagers over for a sleepover.... had to cook dinner for nine last night... Then this morning went to a Mumsnet meetup as I have somehow ended up as LA for my area....

BadMissM Wed 03-Apr-13 19:37:08

Scarecrow Sorry to hear about escaping DH>...

Eagle Holiday sounds fun!

Somewhere Ooh, do they have any idea what causes the hydramnios?

ScarecrowKnow what you mean, live in small town and I've seen not a sight of Lansinoh....

Eagle When I bf with DD, weight didn't come off till suddenly after about six months.... Have bought paint for baby room, but am still looking at it. Will have to get DD to help me do the top bits...

Cyclecamper Still brave, camping! I have enough trouble getting off of the sofa!

somewhere Crazy Easter was fine, bit tiring.

animol This is definitely the place to share your joys/woes!

Scarecrow M3 experience sounds horrid...glad it was resolved quite quickly. It's a bit daunting, happened to us on M6 when DD was little, and that took HOURS!

Somewhere Good luck for tomorrow, am sure it will all be fine....xxx Just breathe deeply!

Have the damn brownie!

notsoold DH is panicking a bit.... I don't think Malta's hospital system is third world!

Me...hospital messing me around again.....they rang me to ask me when I had an appointment, then told me that my consultant away AGAIN. I want to discuss birth plan, etc. Am sick of it. Now means am going in for scan and will have to go back again for appt.... Sick of our crap hospital. Haven't even seem midwife for weeks. If this is how they follow a high-risk pregnancy, god knows how they treat everyone else....grrr!

somewherebecomingrain Wed 03-Apr-13 19:56:37

Hey badmiss the hydramnios usually has no cause - 2/3 of time. 20% of time it's GD. The rest is a bit more
Scary but usually discovered at early scans eg blocked
Oesophagus so
Can't swallow. Only other reason is infection but that's vv rare. Have convinced myself it's a sugar thing so not panicking.

Why is your pg high risk? Is it your history? I hve to
Say once there was something to
Worry about I
Felt my hosp
Was a bit laid
Back too. But your hosp sounds like it needs special
Measures.

Feel sooo wierd. If Pg makes me
Mental than birth makes me a proper loony.

Big love and hugs to the ladies on this thread - you've been so important to me it's extraordinary.

Xxx

knickyknocks Wed 03-Apr-13 20:24:32

somewhere tomorrow is your day thanks. I'll be thinking of you tonight and tomorrow (last day of pregnancy - you made it!!). How fabulous you've been, providing such a safe haven for your new little one for the past 9 months, despite not enjoying the experience (and you know that I know how tough that can be). May everything tomorrow go smoothly, and that you have your gorgeous new addition safe in your arms by tomorrow evening. Much much love dear somewhere. It'd be lovely to see you on the graduate thread when you're ready xxxx

ChairmanWow Wed 03-Apr-13 23:42:25

Sorry I've not been back much. It's all a bit mad chez Wow with house stuff still happening, and I'm still recovering from the section. Iron levels are very low so I'm knackered!

Baby W is just beautiful though. Properly in love with her, and she's so chilled. Her big bro is being so lovely to his little sis. He tried to shove half his Babybel into her mouth earlier, bless him. Then he got a brush and started brushing her hair. It's very cute.

Anyway, somewhere congratulations on your eve of graduation. You must be so relieved to be getting to the end, in so many ways. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and will be thinking of you. See you on the other side thanks

Waves to everyone else.

RebeccaJames Thu 04-Apr-13 11:28:35

Hello again, people. I was here in November when I was pregnant, but I MC'd in December :-(. Just had a new BFP yesterday, so I'm going to be petrified and obsessively on symptom-watch, so I thought I'd join back here where I can chow over all things baby without boring the socks off my family!

Looking forward to getting to know you all. I'm 41 in May, and this is (hopefully) going to be my second child after nearly 3 years of trying...

Rebecca

JBrd Thu 04-Apr-13 11:40:03

Hello all <<waves>>

Resurfacing after the Easter break, trying to catch up with MN - so much happens when you're away for a few days...

Sorry for not name-checking, still catching up with the thread.

All fine here, starting to have some symptoms - have felt pretty rough on and off over Easter, but not been actually sick. But I am getting dizzy spells quite a lot now, which I need to watch... Never had that with DS, so all new to me. They happen out of the blue, regardless whether I am standing, sitting, lying...hmm

Not have had the booking apt yet, grr, but saw the consultant haematologist yesterday - all good, and I'm on heparin injections now until after delivery. At least one worry off my mind!

Hope everyone is well, will check back later!

cyclecamper Thu 04-Apr-13 15:41:19

Hi Rebecca! Congratulations on the BFP flowers.

Somewhere thinking of you.

scarecrow22 Thu 04-Apr-13 16:08:05

Am I the only on obsessively checking for news from Somewhere?! I know she has better things to do... But I'm not going to be so obsessive as to look on the grads thread...oh no, not me... <sidles off....>

Thinking of you Somewhere and BabySomeone smile

somewherebecomingrain Thu 04-Apr-13 16:23:41

Baby somewhere is here! She is a girl with thick hair a large nose for a baby and fat cheeks! She seems relatively reasonable for a newborn and we're having a great time! She was one ounce shy of 10lb effectively negating the polyhydramnios dx- big baby = big waters.

I was v nervous beforehand - yesterday managed to cry, argue with loved ones and vomit. But it was a breeze compared to ds. Bf going like clockwork. She has a vocal range - basically a piercing cry and a questioning warble.

More to follow big hugs to all xxx

BadMissM Thu 04-Apr-13 17:36:13

Oh Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!! Somewhere, am so happy for you and Baby Somewhere Welcome to the world little one!!! I'm so glad that everything went alright for you. Give baby a big kiss from me!!! thanks thanks thanks thanks and for Mum wine.

She sounds absolutely gorgeous....we need photos!!!!

Big hugs xxxxxxx

knickyknocks Thu 04-Apr-13 17:40:19

YES YES YES!!! Fabulous news thanks thanks thanks (and no scarecrow I too have been obsessively checking for best part of the day - I'll be the same around your due date smile).

I'm so pleased to hear you and your gorgeous sounding DD are safe and sound. What a good weight too! Amazing. Just chuffed to bits. Enjoy those wonderful newborn cuddles, and getting to know your lovely new DD. Welcome to the graduate club somewhere! Wonderful news to end the afternoon with Xxxx

knickyknocks Thu 04-Apr-13 17:40:20

YES YES YES!!! Fabulous news thanks thanks thanks (and no scarecrow I too have been obsessively checking for best part of the day - I'll be the same around your due date smile).

I'm so pleased to hear you and your gorgeous sounding DD are safe and sound. What a good weight too! Amazing. Just chuffed to bits. Enjoy those wonderful newborn cuddles, and getting to know your lovely new DD. Welcome to the graduate club somewhere! Wonderful news to end the afternoon with Xxxx

Animol Thu 04-Apr-13 18:00:28

Oh Congratulations Somewhere !!!!!!!

JBrd Thu 04-Apr-13 19:27:15

Congratulations, somewhere! What lovely news! Hope you are feeling well and are enjoying the baby cuddles flowers

scarecrow22 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:01:03

somewhere, am ridiculously happy at thought of you cuddling DD safely in bed. and delighted bf seems to be coming on well already. I lived suckling feeling. am now going to have pre baby yearning for it. fabulous weight, especially a week early!, no wonder you were so tired.

look forward to hearing more in due course, including how DS reacting. he sounds a gorgeous little boy so am v confident for you.
sleep well both
xxxxxx

scarecrow22 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:06:04

Rebecca, welcome welcome. so thrilled you ate back so soon. your body sounds like it is ripe to make a baby smile

notsoold, excited you Brazilian for tenuous reason I grew up in Portugal from 7-19 - so all my formative TV was telenovelas! ja esquerci multi, mas era una vez que falou Portugues. albeit badly!

and now, somewhat scarily but also excitingly, I'm at the top of the list
!!!

xx

scarecrow22 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:06:50

esquerci " muinto" even x

scarecrow22 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:07:29

or was it "muito"?!

cyclecamper Thu 04-Apr-13 20:20:54

Oh wonderful! CONGRATULATIONS Somewhere, and welcome baby somewhere. flowersflowersflowers smile

ChairmanWow Thu 04-Apr-13 20:59:37

Congratulations somewhere. So pleased that everything went smoothly. What a whopper! Glad she's feeding well too. Enjoy her and these special early days thanks thanks thanks

notsoold Thu 04-Apr-13 21:20:48

Somewhere and baby somewhere!!! Wonderful news on everything going well!!! Congratulations!!!

Scarecrow...muito bom mesmo ver algo escrito em Portugues....

Love to everyone and a big welcome and a hug to Rebecca... ( my dd's name!!)

eagleray Thu 04-Apr-13 21:31:48

Congratulations somewhere am so very pleased for you!!! flowers flowers flowers

scarecrow22 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:07:35

Ooh is BabySomewhere called Rebecca? I adore the name. Though cant see any mention of this so maybe just confused!

This thread is not accepting new messages.