Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

November 2012 - Babies are getting busy, busy, busy

(1002 Posts)
StuntNun Wed 02-Oct-13 14:02:30

shiney new thread. Wahooo smile

Pikz Thu 03-Oct-13 07:58:59

Sparkly

Sophiathesnowfairy Thu 03-Oct-13 08:51:06

Bling.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 03-Oct-13 08:54:05

Thanks stunt for another sparkly thread.

MissMummy1 Thu 03-Oct-13 09:22:43

<marks place>

PurplePidjin Thu 03-Oct-13 09:40:53

[sunglasses]

<eyes up drizzle outside>

Donnadoon Thu 03-Oct-13 11:03:00

flowers for stunt hows life ?

MadameGazelleIsMyMum Thu 03-Oct-13 12:19:06

S is such a busy bee - mainly bashing things, throwing things (i reckon we have an England cricketer in the making, he has a great throw) and gumming his kitchen utensils. DD is a busy child, always lining her babies and stuffed toys up for them to be fed or to go to sleep or have a story I am so proud of her obvious love of routine, order and neatness. I am just busy, busy, busy!

Pikz Thu 03-Oct-13 13:19:49

Must remember the Leibniz zoo biscuits are not for me Must remember the Leibniz zoo biscuits are not for me Must remember the Leibniz zoo biscuits are not for me Must remember the Leibniz zoo biscuits are not for me

PennieLane Thu 03-Oct-13 13:30:30

Sorry kyz my message was supposed to be a supportive-you-totally-just-wrote-my-thoughts-message as I feel the same about the future, but didn't want to annoy anyone working on here. Felt down in the dumps about it today
I was also the next big thing pass and was offered a promotion then withdrawn (and made redundant but a diff story) when I announced pregnancy. Was turned down at int while on mat leave which is why I decided to leave here. Taking the hit to your identity and career is hard, even though our babies are wonderful, and I certainly struggle with it. Especially now I've resigned!
sorry for all the shit nights.

have you signed up to dating chasing?

agree about wise yw

pennie and kyz Sorry you are finding things tough. Please don't feel like you can't say anything because of me.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 03-Oct-13 14:33:24

I was also the next big thing until children got in the way. Now I'm a pain in their behind and rethinking my career completely.

StuntNun Thu 03-Oct-13 14:57:55

Regarding your post on the old thread about nipple shields GT, I used them exclusively for eight months with DS1 because he refused to latch on. It made it a bit harder to bf in public and it was a bit of a hassle with sterilising but it enable me to bf him even though he was a total breast refuser. There wasn't any much support for breastfeeding back then (2003) but I found out later that there are ways to encourage a baby back on to latching without the shields. If you are going to use them for any length of time I found the rectangular ones easier to use than the circular ones.

Thanks for the thanks Donna. We have had three good nights in a row here after one appallingly bad one which has made a huge difference to my energy levels. J has been sleeping 8-6 with one night feed about 50% of the time since the sleep training took effect. Bedtimes are a huge improvement now as he plays in his cot while I read him his story so hopefully he's viewing his bed as a nice place to be rather than the worse place in the world! J went to the childminder for four hours yesterday and today which is a bit hard for me to deal with. I am currently 'between jobs' so it seems unreasonable to pay someone else to look after him while I'm at home but things were getting a bit fraught with trying to prepare for the move with a baby on one hip. So my next door neighbour, who used to mind DS1 and DS2, is taking him for three four-hour sessions a week for October, hopefully giving me enough time for packing/unpacking. I have no idea how Sophia managed to do all her packing!

ChasingDaisy Thu 03-Oct-13 15:06:48

Wotcha new thread. Glitzy.

I have indeed Pennie, I am using My Single Friend, with detective writing my profile grin I refuse to cry over a man who I have only known for 6 weeks. If he has made me feel upset already he only deserves to be my friend and nothing more. Plenty more hot men in the sea.

Oscar is busy busy busy - following me wherever I go and clinging on to me like a limpit hmm. Bit of separation anxiety I guess.

ChasingDaisy Thu 03-Oct-13 15:09:16

Oh and speaking of work, I have decided I need to find a job. Need to work it out financially and I'm not even sure if it would be worth my while, but my dad will look after O 2 days a week so I'm going to look for something part time and see how we go. I miss working. I was good at my job. I want that again.

Is it wrong of me to have given up cleaning the house because we are moving in a couple of weeks?! Just. Can't. Be. Arsed.

Chasing I'm looking forward to hearing about your dating adventures!

fruitpastilles Thu 03-Oct-13 16:32:36

Thanks for the new thread stunt

Just marking place, have had a lovely day today, will catch up later.

YellowWellies Thu 03-Oct-13 16:33:56

misslaughalot I've given up cleaning on the pretext I'm getting a cleaner when I go freelancing 2 days per week. That's not til the end of the month so might just get one now.... house is a pit.

We don't have a tumbler. They're amazing in the winter envy ! Still we have lots of rads and a big washing line. And unlike Orkney there's a pretty good chance the clothes won't blow away to Norway!

And hah to the very sweet wise comments - I think opinionated is perhaps more accurate! It does help being the last sibling to have kids - DH and I have learned so much off our sisters.

MM and M have just been round for a blether and for the pups to meet. Was a total furry riot but lots of fun grin .

GT I didn't have to use shields but a couple of pals did and swore by them. If you get his tongue tie snipped his latch will be much more comfy - I really felt the difference.

YellowWellies Thu 03-Oct-13 16:35:37

Oh and Pass massive south of France jollies envy!

And Stunt massive house move unenvy. Good luck and good call on the CM.

YellowWellies Thu 03-Oct-13 16:44:02

Oh and breaking GT's posting rule wink with a hat-trick - but this bad Mummy caved and had a Mars bar and a Gregg's pasty (both with dairy) this morning. Wah bedtime could be interesting confused decided to do a dairy challenge with something I miss rather than a scrape of butter. I've not missed butter!!!

GTbaby Thu 03-Oct-13 16:50:06

Been trying to post for ages. Finally got online

I'm a tumble drier user. Feel the house gets damp if hung on clothes horse. We have to put in living room and I feel like it creates damp.

What sheilds did u use and what size? Can't find a size guide anywhere.

Chasing to add to others advice. Internet dating is very good idea. My tips are
- meet ASAP
- try to limit the amount of texting/phone calls before you meet
- keep it casual, think of it in the American sense. U are dating. Noone is exclusively seen.
- meet in a safe public place,
-don't give away to much info to soon. Ie about XFP, where u live etc

Now to catch up. wink

TheDetective Thu 03-Oct-13 17:02:20

Chasing I will do it tonight! Not long in from work. Also going to SW tonight. So when I get home, it is top of my to do list! grin

O seems to be coming down with something. Although he isn't 'unwell'.

As I said yesterday, I hadn't seen him from 10am yesterday. So when I came home, he came over to me as he does grin and sat on my knee, all quiet and mouse like hmm. Which obvs roused my suspicions straight away grin. His eyes looked tired, a bit sunken almost? I asked DP if he had slept okay and he said yes. I kept saying to DP he doesn't look right, and he's really quiet. He kept replying he had been fine. Anyway, as he was sat on my knee I felt like he was getting hotter confused. I took his temp and it was 38.8. So calpol given, and a watchful eye now.

Silly DP grin. Men just don't bloody notice anything! I know when my baby isn't right!

I reckon he is getting a cold. DP had/has one. DS1 has one, and his dad picked him up early from school yesterday as apparently he was too ill to stay in hmm. Anyway, I'm assuming that's what it is.

It's only the 2nd ever time I've taken his temp, and both times he had a temp. My finely tuned mummy radar is working nicely still grin.

Spent the day surrounded by tongue ties grin. Thank goodness for 3 days off now. I have been doing a LOT of bf. Not myself. Obvs. grin

GT Nipple shields sound like a good idea in this case.

ChasingDaisy Thu 03-Oct-13 17:14:32

Thank you GT thanks

ChasingDaisy Thu 03-Oct-13 17:27:09

And det obviously grin blush Make me sound awesome! in other words, lie

This thread is not accepting new messages.