Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2010, Here We Go Again

(223 Posts)
LentilAsAnything Tue 01-Jan-13 22:39:13

Hello, October Mamas!
Make yourself comfortable!

TiredFeet Sun 14-Apr-13 12:00:37

Your dd sounds great fun and lovely pancakes smile when Ds became unwell at nursery he got mothered by two of his little girl friends, when I got there they were sat with him holding his hands smile so I know that dishing out cuddles gets appreciated!

LentilAsAnything Sun 14-Apr-13 12:03:13

Happy half birthday, baby Pancake.

TiredFeet Wed 17-Apr-13 22:16:52

pancakes I have just realised our DC must share a birthday grin don't know how I missed that till now! DS's half birthday totally passed me by until I was scrolling down threads I'm on and saw lentils comment and started to try and work out if we had had the 14th April yet blush

WaitingForPancakeDay Thu 18-Apr-13 22:16:11

I'd missed it too! How have we managed that!? Happy belated 2.5 little TF!

LentilAsAnything Sat 20-Apr-13 12:30:00

Put two and three quarters in your diaries for July! smile

TiredFeet Sat 20-Apr-13 19:17:42

Crazy to think the 10/10 baby threads have been running for over 3 years now shock

Oodsigma Sat 20-Apr-13 19:38:22

shock

WaitingForPancakeDay Tue 23-Apr-13 10:07:14

Happy dragon Day!!
couldn't not do that!

LentilAsAnything Wed 24-Apr-13 21:06:48

smile

Oodsigma Wed 24-Apr-13 21:17:54

smile dd3 had her 2 year assessment today. Waste of time from their point of view as she was doing everything right , nice from mine as I could show her off without showing off! DS had his 6 week check yesterday and is also doing everything right. Can't believe how fast it's going this time. My tiny baby is 12lbs and growing out of his tiny clothes. 0-3s are going now sad

TiredFeet Thu 25-Apr-13 07:28:01

Well done your DD ood what a little star smile. Is she enjoying having a baby brother?

Ds absolutely refused to comply with any instructions when the health visitor came to us, and instead spent the whole time taking more and more of his books to her and saying 'lady please read me this story!'. Luckily she took my word for it as to what he could do!

Oodsigma Thu 25-Apr-13 08:40:50

Dd3 refused to talk to the HV ( happened to be parent of one of my old pupils) so we caught up while dd3 played. Just asked questions to tick the boxes. DS did an explosive escaping poo then threw up on me while we were there too!

She's totally loving DS. Think she's a bit intense at times though, he's learning to push her off!

LentilAsAnything Thu 25-Apr-13 21:24:42

The HV's must be used to it. DS was also uncooperative! smile

TiredFeet Thu 25-Apr-13 22:05:46

Oh that makes me feel better!
Our health visitor kept getting out specific toys and asking ds to play with them and he would refuse so she would give up. Why she didn't get them all out and let him find them in his own time throughout the visit I'm not sure. He definitely doesn't like to perform for an audience! I remember the when he first was counting to ten, I tried to get him to count to his grandparents on skype and he grinned, went "one,two, TEN hhaha" and ran away! He well and truly taught me a lesson!

LentilAsAnything Fri 26-Apr-13 00:10:59

smile DS was asked to identify certain objects, but refused to play along, with a face that said "why are you asking me such ridiculously easy questions? I am not going to bother answering! You are insulting my intelligence!". smile Not a performing monkey, this one. Well, he is when he wants to be! smile

WaitingForPancakeDay Fri 26-Apr-13 20:43:01

Great that they are all doing so well grin. DD has not had a 2 year check. I couldn't make one appt due to work, so they told me that they didn't have another appt for 8 months. I told them I was moving house before then. I've arrived DD at her new surgery, she's had 2 doc apps, but I have heard nothing from the HV. Suffice it to say, I think she's doing very well and her nursery report was sound. She did fall off the loo at nursery yesterday and banged her head in exactly the same place it was fractured when she was 5 weeks old. The same bit swelled up sad. She said it was a bit sore, but its ok today. Gave me flashbacks. Going to suggest to the nursery that they fit hand rails on the walls next to the loo as she was reaching for the wall to get down.

Loo familiarisation is going very well, i am not saying training as we're being very chilled aout the whole thing and not aiming for anything particular, which is working very well. she's getting the hang of things very quickly. We are using bright bots pants and she finds them very comfy and they are easy to pull on and off.

I love the counting to ten TF! DD shouts really fast 12345 78910!!!!!!!! Arms up, terribly pleased with herself. 6 does not exist. It's the devil's number anyway don't you know wink.

LentilAsAnything Fri 26-Apr-13 23:31:00

Oh scary, Panc, poor DD and poor you. She was in the toilet on her own?
DS is using the big toilet now, we never bothered with pull-ups, he just has normal pants. I don't like to say trained, either: he does what he wants, when he wants! grin

We didn't have the two-year check until about a month ago. And they do it with the paed (dr) here, not sure if there is an HV?

Oodsigma Sat 27-Apr-13 07:12:56

Dd3 is too excited about 8 when counting. 12345 8 8 8

TiredFeet Sat 27-Apr-13 13:03:24

oh I love how they all have quirky little ways of counting smile super cute!

anyone else finding this a really lovely age? (although I might have said that about every age!). I was feeling unwell this morning (morning sickness still) and DS felt sorry for me so he brought me a toy bear and said it was a 'doctor bear' and I should cuddle it, then he pretended to make me a beaker of milk and put on a pretend dvd for me. he was so pleased with himself grin

pancakes dd's accident must have been a horrible reminder for you sad I am glad she is ok now though. I think they are amazingly robust really. we still haven't started potty training yet, DS is keen and I was going to start as soon as it warmed up a bit, but that same weekend morning sickness struck with a vengeance. I'm hoping to start when it hopefully eases off in a week or so. are the bright bots pants like training pants? I'm tempted to get something like that, at least for when we're out and about

WaitingForPancakeDay Sat 27-Apr-13 22:18:16

I am not sure, it's a large cubicle, so I am wondering if the nursery nurse was in the doorway and didn't get there in time. I am going to ask for more detail and suggest handrails.

TF, the bright bots are really good. If it were the world according to me, DD would run around nude from the waist down as that works really well, but obviously, that's not acceptable at nursery, so the pants are good as she's not quite confident about the feeling of needing a poo, and the pants are a useful catcher! They're towelling inside and a poly thingy layer so they are waterproof. No accidents today. I wish we had more than a weekend off. I've alo bought a carseat wee catcher too, a we travel a lot.

LentilAsAnything Mon 29-Apr-13 20:48:47

Hope she is ok today and the bump is a distant memory.

Hello everyone! How are you all! Sorry for not being around as much, I don't tend to MN as much these days.

How is everyone's dc's? Ds1 is lovely (and a little terror). He escaped from play group the other day and ended up in the middle of a road. I can't take my eyes off of him! shock

He's adapted well to ds2, adores him and strokes his head a lot. Just makes me love him all the more.

He had his two year check and all is well.

lentil how is Germany?

pancake sorry to hear about the accident, I hope dd is doing well.

TiredFeet Sat 04-May-13 22:38:57

lovely to hear from you Tribble and lovely to hear how well the boys get on together smile . must have been a truly scary moment when he escaped though!

lentils you must be getting ready to move to Scotland I guess?

my hyperemesis is finally going, ate my first actual meal tonight for 5 weeks! I made it an extra good one and went out for dinner smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now