Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2011: losing sleep and gaining shoes, toddlers share with us their news

(997 Posts)
ecuse Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:02

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread.

Pile in!

brew wine biscuit etc

ILikeToHoHoHo Thu 27-Dec-12 16:18:28

Sounds promising ............... grin

Kittycatcat Thu 27-Dec-12 17:05:18

Omg come on mrs w tell uuus

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Thu 27-Dec-12 17:36:18

I know where she lives! I could be there in just over an hour!

I am joking of course well unless anyone else wants me to go

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Thu 27-Dec-12 17:56:46

Cor blimey, I nearly missed some excitement!

Sounds very much like thanks and congratulations are in order!

Thanks to Santa for F's alphabet puzzle. It's beautiful and just ready for him to grow into.

Starshaped Thu 27-Dec-12 18:24:15

Oooh, I'll take it off your hands MrsW - I'm a Christmas glutton! Sounds like congratulations might be in order though grin

Hope everybody else has had a fabulous Christmas!

MrsWajs Thu 27-Dec-12 21:33:19

Yes indeedy ladies i am upduffed again!! Did a test this avo which came up positive straight away with a thick dark line! I'm guessing i'm around 5 weeks with a potential due date of 30th August next year smile
DP and i are a bit shell shocked tbh. Weren't really expecting it so quickly plus we only dtd 3 times this month!!!

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Thu 27-Dec-12 21:39:43

Huge congratulations MrsW!

Kittycatcat Thu 27-Dec-12 21:42:41

What a wonderful Christmas present mrsw. Well chuffed for you. Huge congratulations. August is a great monthwink. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Thu 27-Dec-12 22:39:47

Wooo hoo!! Congratulations!

Starshaped Fri 28-Dec-12 11:04:07

Congratulations MrsW - fabulous news! smile

ILikeToHoHoHo Fri 28-Dec-12 12:56:59

Many many congratulations MrsW, another baby on the thread grin

I remember finding out I was pg with ds2 at this time of year <misty eyed>

ILikeToHoHoHo Fri 28-Dec-12 13:06:52

Oh, and I keep meaning to give you an update about ds3's sleeping - or what was lack of.

You may remember that I had my suspicions that it was the dummy causing a problem (he only had it in his cot). So I decided to go cold turkey with it.

He only asked for it a few times and I told him that I had put it in the bin, then quickly tried to distract him. Miraculously this seemed to work and for the next few nights he still woke up about 3 times (which was the same when he had the dummy, so I figured not having the dummy wasn't making it worse at least).

Then the wakings in the night stopped and he is also sleeping in a bit longer in the morning - hurrah.

So if anyone is thinking about ditching the dummy, I would say give it a go. I figured it would be less painful now than in 6 or 12 months time. Or maybe I was the only one using them blush grin

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Fri 28-Dec-12 13:32:28

B was too lazy to suck a dummy! I tried, he wasn't for it though!

Good news though iLike!

I have horrendous cold and AF! Think I'd quite like to be pg right now too!

Kittycatcat Fri 28-Dec-12 17:48:04

Change if subject for a mo if i may... A is asleep on his tummy on the sofa. Didn't havering settle him at all. If he sleeps on me his tummy is against mine. How do we feel about babies sleeping on their tummy? I know the guidelines are back.

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Fri 28-Dec-12 18:34:32

Well, prem babies a placed on their tummies in scbu. Is he lifting his head a little yet? B slepy on his tumm from about 4 months I think, but that's because he got there himself. He still sleeps on his front, bum in air, so it must be some sort of in buit mode they have!

I wouldn't worry.

ILikeToHoHoHo Fri 28-Dec-12 19:57:56

Ds3 was a tummy sleeper.

I read all of the guidelines and there is no doubt in the SIDS figures that on their backs is best practice. However I had to weigh up the whole situation.

No one in the house smoked and we never went into smoky atmospheres.
He co slept with me for 4-5 months. I had a firm mattress and it was just him and me in the bed.
When he went into his own cot, he had a new mattress.
He always slept in a grobag.
If he didn't sleep on his tummy, neither of us got much sleep.

I think you have to read all of the facts and then make your own decision with the information you have smile

We are off to the big smoke tomorrow to see Walking with Dinosaurs. I think ds2 might explode with excitement. Ds3 is being looked after by his Aunt, so we don't have to worry about an over tired baby or one that won't keep still during the show. I'm rather excited too grin

Kittycatcat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:43:57

Thanks gals. When he sleeps in my bed he is side by side tummy to tummy with me. I have a firm mattress and he has a new mattress in his crib. We don't smoke. Dh not happy for him to sleep on his tummy tho, and we aren't letting in with us anymore.

GsyPotatoMincePieEyed Sat 29-Dec-12 00:34:05

Congratulations MrsWajs, you must have been right about the stinky wee a couple of weeks ago. grin

MrsWajs Sat 29-Dec-12 09:12:29

Thanks for all the well wishes ladies smile I think it's starting to sink in a little bit now! Just suddenly started having cravings for all the things I can't eat, which I wasn't even interested in before!

I'm confused about dating as I'm getting EDDs of between 26th Aug - 30th Aug on various websites. My LMP was 19th November but my cycles were 32 days on average so no ida where that puts me!!

JKSLtd Sat 29-Dec-12 18:16:48

Quick post to say hi, can't believe I've not been on for so long blush

Off to read & catch up and hopefully post again in a bit.

JKSLtd Sat 29-Dec-12 21:46:16

OK it's taken me hours but I've caught up eventually!

Tried to make notes as I went along:

MrsWajs - Congratulations!!

Secret santa - sorry I missed out as I've been awol, next year count me in.

Chesterfield chair - OMG! Almost want one for myself!

Talking Harold - who was it that bought that & where from? SOunds like something DS2 would absolutely love & it's his bday in a few weeks time.

Who was it that said that they had a Little Tikes dolls house? I've got one for DD to have for her birthday in April. I got it off eBay and it came with a few bits but could do with a few more which I was thinking of getting over the next few months. I had plenty for her for Christmas already so I've held it back. Whoever got it - did it go down well?

ILike - so sorry I missed your remembering day for DS1 sad I meant to post and say I was thinking of you.

Re potty training - DD is getting close to thinking about it I think. I'm a bit out of touch tbh as DS1 was incredibly slow, DS2 is still in nappies (at nearly 5, but he does have SN so I can't complain) and he's at about the same stage as DD, except she doesn't have the 'fear' that he does. Hoping she'll show him the way.

Other things - i always said I wanted 4 DC, and I definitely mostly think that, except I've been coming round to maybe stopping at 3. I do feel sad though, esp as DD self-weaned at 14months when I was happy to keep bf for as long as she wanted. I'm back at pre-baby weight too. But..something still niggles. I keep reading the larger families threads to see if i can put myself off, lol.
DH is totally against DC4 atm anyway, and I want to wait a bit so the discussion is off the table - even if it's something i think about a lot/every time DD grows out of something.
On the other hand, i'm loving DD growing up and saying more/understanding more/playing with the boys more/etc.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything major! Belated Happy Christmas to all, and best wishes for a Happy New Year too smile

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sun 30-Dec-12 07:30:44

Morning.

Hi JKS grin

F's woken up with a temperature this morning. sad It was inevitable, really. No idea what kind of bug it is, no obvious symptoms (other than the residual cough he's had for ages anyway).

We shall wait and see...

chillikat Sun 30-Dec-12 20:19:53

Congrats MrsWajs.

Well, we've not had the best Christmas with lack of sleep due to teeth and we've gone through gallons of neurofen. Hopefully things are improving now, though we've had the 2 hour wake ups the last 2 nights, which is slightly better than every 2 hours.
I've has a slightly sore throat for at least a week which took the shine off the Christmas food somewhat. Sweet things seem to make it worse so it might improve my diet...

Many thanks to Santa for M's book and puppet. She was trying to wear the puppet herself earlier on.

Kittycatcat Sun 30-Dec-12 21:09:11

Gosh I don't think I thanked Santa for s's dog bottom swapping bookgrin. It's brilliant. Thank you Santa

GlaikitFizzHogmany Sun 30-Dec-12 21:13:31

Oops me neither! Thank yu for the squeaky eggs! B loves bashing them! <ear plugs>

I'm guessing everyone got a SS pressie that was expecting one? I had a bit of a panic when I thought I'd sent the name person to two Santa's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now