Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

February 2011- the one where life gets better for all of us.

(1000 Posts)
GOLDdebka Tue 25-Sep-12 21:24:03

New thread open for business!!

I am anticipating MUCH weight loss, job improvements, sleeping babies, good health and one very eagerly anticipated BFP. smile

ledkr Mon 31-Dec-12 20:13:57

Wiggs- tulisa does my head on with that song "we are young" who's she kidding eh?
I thought you meant nap time yes d went at 6 yesterday but up at 5.
Tonight she is resisting bedtime preferring instead to sample all six flavours of lip balm from her stocking grin
I stil feel constantly sick tbh and d vomits from time to time. Ella is under four stones and not eating well neither is dh. He answered my text with yes please. Does that mean I have to do it?
Watching the soaps now in front of a roaring gas fire lol.

wigglesrock Mon 31-Dec-12 20:26:22

Well I have a date with Marian Keyes book whilst trying to resist eating more shite. I sent all the biccies etc in with Mr W to work but have a mountain of chocolate coins winking at me grin

ledkr Mon 31-Dec-12 20:32:05

Well I'm pissed off that I can't stomach it all. Have house full of shit here but instead am sipping tonic water and thinking of maybe nibbling on some toast.

ILovePonyo Mon 31-Dec-12 22:36:04

Hello! Just wanting to say Happy New Year you beauties before I bugger off to bed grin

borg I'm so sorry about the mc. Really hope you are getting some support and not in too much pain (physically at least, I know emotionally its so hard) Sending you a hug.

blizy agree with everything mama ledkr has said (again!) Just look after yourself and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. You are most definitely not a failure, you can't begin to think like that, you're so strong and will continue to be.

wigs Poor O sad Hope the docs sort her out soon. I ate some yule log earlier and felt sick, sickly crap!

ledkr massive grin at horses in galoshes, that made me do a lol.

Bedtime for me soon! Sod 12 o clock, I'd rather be sleeping too! x x

MizK Tue 01-Jan-13 09:55:30

Happy New Year girls, raising my cup of tea to 2013 x

borg I'm really sorry about your mc, how awful for you. Hope you are taking things easy, you need to look after yourself after the horrid shock. X
blizy did you get your night to yourself in the end? Keep your head up, those doctors can work wonders and this year will end 100% better than it has started for you, promise.
reastie sorry about your Grandad, has been a bit of a rough year for you hasn't it? Lots of love x
ledkr sucks for you all being ill, let's hope you all feel better soon? And very impressed with D enjoying the panto, we couldn't take Cass because she would most certainly have torn the place up within seconds of it starting!
wiggles is it the new Marian keyes? I read it really fast cause I love her, but I'm not sure if her latest books match Rachel's Holiday etc. Let me know what you thought!
Big hello to ponyo deb, tad and everybody else, sounds like everybody had nice Christmases despite illness clearly going around.
I'm pretty chipper this morning since Cass slept til 9 as a result of v late night last night, went to a cheesy NY party at a hotel with lots of my family. C did some impressive Jagger style strutting round the dancefloor, was fab! She is currently alternating between watching Justin's House and cooking in her new kitchen (which she loves and says 'Wow!' to every morning as though she'd forgotten about it! Everyone else is still asleep!

debka Tue 01-Jan-13 11:05:46

Happy New Year everyone!

Hope you've all woken up to the same beautiful day that we have here. Anyone got any New Year Resolutions?

Mine are- to reach my target weight, to start my NVQ and to generally be a better housekeeper fat chance grin

Happy new year to everyone. grin We had a quiet night in watching Netflix as we're both still feeling quite rubbish. Hopefully 2013 will be a great year, with my new job, hopefully a new house (and dog if DH has his way). I'm wanting to lose a bit of weight like every year since I've put on about 10 lbs since we moved. sad Being at home does not suit me.

deb - can't believe you've lost 8st 11.5, that's amazing. How much do you have left to lose? You have done so much in 2012, you should be very proud of yourself. smile

blizy - ledkr said it all really. We are all here to support you and listen to you complain about how unfair life is (because it is). I hope 2013 is your year, god knows you deserve it.

Granny - how are you feeling? Do you have a scan date yet?

blizy Tue 01-Jan-13 19:07:45

Debka, what an achievement, you should be very proud of yourself! Right, spill about pulp fiction, you have me nosey Intregued (sp?). Bloody auto correct keeps changing your name to Debra!

I hope you all had a lovely night, whatever you done. I quite enjoyed my quiet night. It was strange waking up today without a hangover!

Ledkr, I hope you are having a fab night out, I'm looking forward to hearing the stories!

Right I better go, we are heading out to mil's for a family gathering- such fun!

Grannyapple Wed 02-Jan-13 08:53:23

Morning....& a Happy New Year to all you lovely ladies....back to work today (sigh....). V tired too as N was up from 3.10-5.30am shock. Wee monkey had the cheek to be all smiles etc this morning. Hoping getting back into his routine & nursery will tire him out! Think he only slept they about 3 times during the holidays ? hmm.

All fine here so far....had mw appt on Monday & nuchal scan booked for fri 11th jan...can't come quick enough. Had an early scan in 15/12 @ 9 wks & everything looked ok but still mindful that need the 12wk scan for added reassurance.

Hope today goes quickly..soo looking forward to my bed already..

Emski76 Wed 02-Jan-13 09:14:17

Hi all
Hope you all had fab Xmases and New Years.

Borg, I'm so sorry to hear about the baby, such sad news.

Blizy you are so strong, much stronger than you realise. Thankfully now you are on the radar of the fertility doctors and they can start helping you to make a brother or sister for Zoe. Big hugs.

Ledkr, how was your night our? Hope Ella is better.

Deb, you've lost soooo much weight, that's bloody amazing!!!

Wiggles, I hope O gets her throat sorted, poor thing, it's horrible to think that she's just getting used to the pain.

Ponyo, hope Xmas was ok without your dad. Must have been hard.

Reastie, did all Alice's presents arrive? Loved the pic of her with her baby in the same clothes on fb!!! Sorry to hear about your grandad.

Well, our Xmas was filled with illness. Dh, Ben and I have all been poorly with a flu type illness. Ben came down with it on Xmas day, didn't eat anything, but managed to open his pressies. Temp of 40plus, so but scary, he then came out in hives from Calpol. He is allergic to penicillin and now, it seems, to Calpol!!
Noah seems to have escaped the illness, fingers crossed and had gone back to nursery today. Dh just took him and was told Noah will be into Tots today!! He is no longer my little baby!!

Dh, Ben and I are off to the cinema to see Rise of The Guardians this morning, then lunch and Frankie and Bennys, yum. Best go get ready as we're meant to be leaving at 9.30 and I'm still in my pj's!!!!

ledkr Wed 02-Jan-13 11:35:01

Uh oh as dilly would say. I went out at 4 and came home at 3 shock was smugly not that pissed or sick but then woke up this morning feeling dreadful. My friend was so drunk and was winding up the bar staff going behind the bar to turn up the music and calling him Harry styles. She then wrote him a letter to say sorry grin but he said fuck off so she RANG him to complain about miserable bar staff. So funny.
Dh had to let me in as he'd left keys in the door. He has been calling me a bad wife today. He is joking and has been bringing me alka seltzer and ice.

wigglesrock Wed 02-Jan-13 12:48:57

ledkr oopsie grin Back to bed with a McDonalds for you grin and a little bit envy

emski Ah Tots, they do seem a lot bigger now.Frankie & Bennys is the girls restaurant of choice shock My Mum is taking them to the cinema tomorrow and then for lunch. Mr W is then taking them to the "arty" panto we got tickets for on Friday - I ducked out as my pretention level was still too high after last years show grin

Grannyapple Hope you have a quick day at work grin

I have put some festive photos up!

blizy Wed 02-Jan-13 13:18:33

Emski, hope you have a good day.

Ledkr- happy hangover!

Wiggles, omg, your girls all look so grown up! Such cuties, they must have have good genes grin.

Granny, hope your day goes quickly.

Emski76 Wed 02-Jan-13 15:30:05

Wiggs, is that Mr W in afew of the pics????

wigs - is that Mr W in the green shirt? I think I recognise his chin from another photo. grin O and A look like the image of one another too.

It seems like everyone on the thread has been ill. sad I had L at the GP this morning because he was tugging at his ears and he has an ear infection, so he has that minging pink amoxicillin to take. I hate the smell of it, it's enough to make me boak.

DH is wanting to go car shopping this afternoon but I'm not feeling it. WIBU to send him out on his own?

ledkr Wed 02-Jan-13 18:20:59

Hello all. I'm back from the dead. Was literally sick till 3. I don't get those mc ds or bacon butty hangovers.
So glad to be better. I've had fruit and soup and a cuppa.
With the noro and this I've had far from the fattening Xmas of the norm.
Good thing really.
American-poor L it hurts so much. Good job he's got the meds.
We haven't managed the flicks this holiday. Me and Ella wanted to see twiglight I'm not even sure if its still on. We usual do the Chinese buffet after. I' find f and bs quite pricey tbh.
Well we are off to the pil on Friday as we didn't visit over Xmas.
I'm a bit indifferent to going there and I'm quite looking forward to some help with dills. She gets up with her so we can lie in which is nice.
I'm dreading going back to work/school I may even take next week off sick to recover fully from all the illness. I'm still not eating and if I go rushing back I'm worried ill get ill again. Is that pathetic and lazy? Just be nice to settle kids back in and be here to cool nice healthy food for my invalids.
D is so skinny but today she has been eating and it's such a relief to see.

reastie Wed 02-Jan-13 18:27:32

Yes he looks a bit like Mr W from the other photos but also looks a bit younger and more handsome wink . Love the piccies Wiggles - the girls look so happy and cheeky (cheeky in a good way)

american don't go for sure - send DH out. No need for you to go too is there? Hope L feels better soon.

ledkr I've missed hearing of your drunken nights out - you need to have a few more so I can live vicariously through you whilst I sit at home with my slippers and cocoa and am in bed by 9pm.

We went to another shop today to get our, what I call, kitchen designed <nods to blizy for Miranda reference - I blame you for getting me into it>. We are now thinking of white or off white shaker units, white walls and china blue range cooker and tiles. I realise this is very dull to everyone but I've never got to plan a whole room before - it's very exciting!

Ems hope you had a nice day sad to the illness over christmas but at least <touch wood> Noah was OK. Alice's presents did finally arrive just before lunch on christmas eve! Phew!

Granny let us know how you get on at the scan. We are hoping to get your window men into do our windows in spring grin

Deb that weight loss is amazeballs <down with the yoof>. I was doing really well as my anti anxiety meds made me lose my appetite for a few weeks - was great - lost nearly half a stone. Sadly appetite is back and very ferocious. Still, one more stone and I should be back in pre preg clothes.

Borg how are you doing? x

reastie Wed 02-Jan-13 18:30:21

Xposted ledkr . I've read noro can really take it out of you afterwards and it takes you a while to build up your strength/feel normal again afterwards. Bit like the proper flu I guess. I don't think YBU to have the week off work to recoup as I know you're not the type to take time off unnecessarily (or be perceived to) and sometimes you do just need to build strength up again for a few days or it takes you weeks longer to feel normal again (well, I find that anyway).

ledkr Wed 02-Jan-13 18:30:48

Omg I have just remembered the 29 yr old Irish lad who was flirting with me all night. He was delicious and I was lapping it up.
I am very bad.

reastie Wed 02-Jan-13 18:32:03

grin ledkr

MizK Wed 02-Jan-13 19:28:10

reastie your kitchen sounds beautiful, any interiors chat welcome as far as I'm concerned, love it! Btw I watched 2 Miranda episodes last night and laughed so much whereas DP sat there, bemused. Very Marmite I think!
wiggles the pics are gorgeous! A looks so grown up, she seems older than C somehow!
ledkr nothing wrong with flirting! A good dose of attention from a fit man can see you through some long winter weeks I find ;) ps I think you should def skip work and look after your ill babies and to get fully well yourself.

blizy Wed 02-Jan-13 19:44:09

Reastie, I'm watching Miranda just now!

wigglesrock Wed 02-Jan-13 20:19:19

Why I thank you for your kind comments, they are all the double of me grin 'tis indeed Mr W in photos - thought I'd throw a few in for the laydees grin

MizK I think A looks "older" as well, then I look at a photo of Sofia from the same age and she seems so much older looking. I think it was her very dark hair hmm whereas Olivia seems younger than both of them at that age (very little hair grin)

It is Mystery of Mercy Close I'm reading. I've been reading a bit for a few nights and quite enjoying it, but last night something really clicked and I can't wait to get into it tonight again <glares at Anna still awake - apparently she has some sore teeth!!!!>

ledkr It took me a week not to feel like absolute shite after I'd stopped vomiting. Take the time off.

I like Miranda a lot. My sister is reading her book - she says its funny.

Grannyapple Wed 02-Jan-13 21:00:30

Aw wiggs crackin pics....lovely girls!

I too am reading that Marian Keyes b

Grannyapple Wed 02-Jan-13 21:05:57

Damn...posted before I finished.. Yeah I'm trying to read that book too...I can get into her books really quickly but struggling to fit in reding time at the mo hmm

Off for shower & then bed...night folks x

This thread is not accepting new messages.