Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for new parents (and parents-to-be) to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

A new place to chat about our beautiful babies growing and playing

(979 Posts)
KLou111 Thu 23-Feb-12 17:56:38

A new place to meet ladies smile

lizandlulu Sun 27-Jan-13 18:28:38

Oh nd ment to say, I think you can get it free from certain places. I know he family planning have them for free, but I can't wait till wednesday. I spose the doctors might have given me a prescription for it? But even then, that would be till tomorrow if I could even get in. Wanted to take it ASAP!

KLou111 Sun 27-Jan-13 19:13:27

Yes he has a powder every night, have given him some calpol tonight too. been putting bonjela on in the day.
Just sitting in his room waiting for him to nod off. And I found the night light hurrah, was in his ball pit in his room, very random!

Might have a look on the net at the different contraception things....they need to bring this man pill out!

KLou111 Sun 27-Jan-13 19:52:39

Well, bit easier tonight. Left Euan at 7.35, dozing off but still awake, so I left, jammed the door, he had a 5 second cry, got up, tried the door, and went back to bed grin

lizandlulu Sun 27-Jan-13 20:52:23

Good, I'm glad, he's a clever boy, catches on quick! smile

Violet went to bed at 6 cause she's not been to sleep all day, she went straight off, then woke about half 7 and won't go back to sleep. She's not crying tho, just shouting and babbling to herself.

Every night she has some books read to her. When it's bedtime I say, come on then bedtime, and she says 'book' 'book' and night nightto lulu nd Chris. She can also say bobble and bobbo, (for horse) althought only I can tell the difference in those two words!

KLou111 Mon 28-Jan-13 09:47:31

Awwww bless little violet smile I bet that's so cute!! Did she go off in the end ok?

I keep thinking Euan says words, but I don't think he is. He has his own word for Bella.
I got an email from boots baby club saying your 17 month old should now be using words they've learnt to make sentences!! Wtf??

Anyway, very sleepy. I heard Euan at 12ish try his door and go straight back to bed, which was great. Then the little bugger did it again at 4am and cried for 20 mins, then again at 6.30!! Rob went and got him at 7.30.......knackered.
Thing is, he's wide awake all day, not affected at all! Very odd!

I've booked a doctors appt for this afternoon, think I am going to have the copper coil, seems to be the best one for me. The injection side effects don't sound too great, and don't fancy the implant.
Do you think they'd do it this afternoon or would I have to go back? I don't know how it all works.

KLou111 Mon 28-Jan-13 13:59:53

I'm thinking about admitting defeat and bringing the cot back in. I am absolutely shattered!! Am currently lying in bed with my gorgeous little fella as he won't sleep. Be keeps reaching for me to make sure I'm here sad
He may be too big for his cot, but if it means he's happy sleeping squished up in the corner then so be it for all our sanities!! Feel so sorry for him, and because I can't talk to him yet, and he doesn't understand, he's totally confused.
I don't like seeing him like this sad I just want him happy and for him to feel safe and cosy.

lizandlulu Mon 28-Jan-13 17:25:27

Personally, if you feel like that, I would back track, just for a few months, see how he gets on, it might just be too early for him. I think they have got to understand abit more.

And sentences!!!L who are these babies, Einstein?????

I don't know about the doctors thing, I would have thought you would have to make another app for it to actually be done. I don't think they will just do it there and then. I haven't even thought any more about it! Just keeps slipping my mind, even tho it's written on my list of things to do :/

KLou111 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:43:26

Cot back in, stress free bed time! Will see how the night goes <<whispers>> I may even get me some sex! wink

Dr gave me a different pill. Was ao annoyed, didn't get seen til 6.15, appt at 5.40!! Basically I've been feeling a bit down lately, sex drive had all but gone, Rob even asked if I wanted to split up with him as he felt I had no time for him over the last few months (this was before Xmas!) I felt like a total shit when he asked me that sad
Anyway, the Dr wondered if I was a bit depressed and doubts its my pill, but agreed to change anyway. Wi we how it goes.

KLou111 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:44:02

*will see how it goes

Iwish Mon 28-Jan-13 19:50:47

Hey ladies.

Sorry haven't been on again. I'm useless lol.

Ooops about your accident klou lol. Can't believe they wanted £26 tho, cheeky buggers!!!

Could you try putting a rail on the side of his bed? Sorry if you've already tried that.

Did you get the coil liz? I had the implant and it was all good for the first 9months then I kept randomly bleeding. I would bleed for a week, have a few days off and bleed again. Was sick of it so I had it out.

We have decided to ttc in may (eek!) so I'm just going to track my cycle until then. My cycles are so messed up after the implant!

Iwish Mon 28-Jan-13 19:53:39

Cross post klou. The pill can do v strange things to your hornones. I was a total cow on the implant and often thought I wished nick would leave (sounds bad I know). Feel better now.

KLou111 Mon 28-Jan-13 20:50:54

Omg iwish that's fab news!!! Joshua will make a lovely big brother I bet!!
How exciting!!!

I don't think we'll have any more in the very near future sad

You got me and Liz mixed up, I was the coil, Liz was the morning after lol!

Iwish Mon 28-Jan-13 21:35:54

Lol I'm so dopey!! I was BFing Joshua so obv didn't pay enough attention sorry blush
Did you get the coil?

I'm sure Joshua will be a lovely big bro, he's not really interested in babies tho lol. Just ignores them.

Do you think you will have another at all?

I'm a bit worried about my cycles atm. Usually your LP between your ovulation and your period should be 10-14 days so the fertilised egg can implant but mine has only been 4-9 days sad. Hope I'm not broke

lizandlulu Tue 29-Jan-13 07:43:25

Im sure your not broke!!!! You mad crayzee woman. Ttc!!!! Madness!!! I am speaking from experience here!!

Nahh, only playing, it's great having two. I often feel like klou, down and fed up with no time to myself, but violet is such a little angel most of the time, I just look at her and she brightens up my day.

Klou, don't best yourself up about it! It's what having kids does to you, it's a massive shock to the system and your number one is no longer your hubby. I have heard all about the stasis tics about how having a baby puts a huge amount of pressure on couples. They aren't wrong.

I hope you start to feel better soon, is such a roller coaster of emotions, I do honestly wonder why we keep doing it to ourselves. (having kids I mean)

KLou111 Tue 29-Jan-13 09:56:06

Thanks guys, my little man gets me through the day, it's the night I struggle with. I feel so sorry for Rob as I don't even want to talk, just do nothing sad
I asked him if he wanted to leave me and he said course he didn't, he just wants to get me through whatever is going on. Bloody love that man!!
We've made a pact to get washed and dressed as soon as we get up so we're not wasting half the day. Breaky, take dog out, lunch, Euan bed, then out in the afternoon. Obviously they'll be times I'm at toddlers in the morning, which I've not been to since before holiday.
Got a friend coming for coffee with her little girl this morning, then swimming with Euan later.

Euan was a lot better last night! We heard a LOT of banging in his cot til we went to bed and he had a tiny cry about 10 for a few seconds (after a big bang!)
He woke at 6.15, which I though well I may aswell bring the bed back if he wakes at that time! Anyway, he went back off til 7 when a dog barked outside, then back off til 7.45 grin feel a lot better today!!

iwish I'm sure your bits are still working!!! How long did it take for Joshua? I have totally forgotten how to plot ovulation etc!!

I would like another one eventually, but Rob isn't interested at all for the moment as we have a lot of freedom when it comes to Euan being looked after etc. But once he's at nursery, we may think about it.
For now we're happy with just our little man grin

KLou111 Tue 29-Jan-13 11:23:22

2nd top canine through, only 6 more to go!!

lizandlulu Tue 29-Jan-13 19:07:18

Aww I never knew you felt like this! Why didn't you say anything? I am sometimes sbit jealous of your life cause it always seems so good. It's ok not to be. Just look at me, a straggly mess a lot of the time smile

KLou111 Tue 29-Jan-13 19:35:24

I suppose I just keep things like that to myself and they build and build til I just want to pop eventually!
Life is great, I do love what we have and what we do, I just need to get out more. I don't have any really good friends that I can talk to or go out with etc so I suppose things just get on top of me.
I suppose I was just expecting to move back here and I would be going out with the girls and as a couple etc, but hasn't worked like that.

Straggly mess lmao!! At least you've got friends etc.

Just put Euan to bed, not a peep smile

lizandlulu Tue 29-Jan-13 20:05:44

Do you have many fiends there? Or do they all have kids aswell? Is so bloody hard to arrange things when everyone you know has kids. Things need to be planned weeks in advance so we can all get babysitters.

Iwish Tue 29-Jan-13 20:29:41

klou huni sending you a big hug. I know how you feel. There is so much I never tell people then I just explode.
I have 2 friends, one of which I hardly see. Husband who is either on his laptop or phone every night so feel lonely most of the time.
And you can always tell us 2 how you are feeling. smile
Glad he's gone to bed ok ltonight. Yey at more teeth coming through too!

liz I must be utterly mental lol. I so want 2 but sometimes when Joshua is being a little shit I think no way haha!

I'm hoping I'm not broke, sodding body lol.

KLou111 Tue 29-Jan-13 20:30:56

I have friends, but none are really reliable. It's always me that plans everything to be always let down or something so I give up. Not all of then have kids, so they've no excuse, they're just a pain in the arse!
The only time I really go out are as a couple with other couple friends, or with each other on our own.
Rob has good friends he sees but his best friend is his brother who lives in the same town so they go out a couple of times a week. Must be nice to have that.

Iwish Tue 29-Jan-13 20:47:46

Come live near me klou. I won't let you down. I'm a good friend lol. Just no one returns the favour lol. grin

Xx

KLou111 Tue 29-Jan-13 21:29:09

Awww love you two Xx

lizandlulu Tue 29-Jan-13 21:33:08

Yes must be nice to have someone you're so close to. I have loads of aquantences, I know it's spelt so wrong even the iPad didn't know what I was eying to spell! But not that many actual friends. My best friend lives 20 miles away, And while we talk or text most days, we see each other a lot less. I do have some quite good friends in town, who I'm going to benidorm with, but they have about 20 kids between them, nd that's not an exaggeration! So if we want to see them in an evening, it's always at each others houses, or planned weeks in advance.
Facebook is my friend! I keep up with all my lesser friends on there, and I m quite nosy so can spend ages looking at other peoples pictures smile

People who let you down are crap! It really pisses me off. I find people without kids are more inclined to let you down cause they have no idea how hard it is to get out!

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersWife Tue 29-Jan-13 23:28:07

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been around for ummm, a year blush I dropped off the thread and never got round to finding it again!

How is everyone? (It's Mel by the way)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now