Zombie's Cancer Journey: The Beginning of the End

(953 Posts)
IamtheZombie Thu 24-Nov-16 09:09:03

Previous thread is HERE

Five years on from my first treatment, the options have pretty much run out.

Please join us for the rest of the journey. Doom and gloom is absolutely banned. There are still laughs and love to share and celebrate.

magimedi Thu 24-Nov-16 09:28:39

And gin - wine!!!

Checking in & Happy Thanksgiving.

Allalonenow Thu 24-Nov-16 10:03:42

Happy Thanksgiving Zombie, enjoy your day!

TheMagicFarawaySleep Thu 24-Nov-16 10:04:41

Delurking to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and congratulations about the wedding <dons hat, looks shit, takes it off and drinks champers instead> 😀

I've been reading your journey for a while, but didn't want to intrude by joining in. I have to tell you, I think you and the Phalanx are fabulous, and I'm sure that while there is still life to be lived, you'll squeeze every last drop of fun out of it 🍷

Your in my thoughts Zombie <can I borrow a limb please, my legs feel knackered today> x

Badders123 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:09:55

Happy thanksgiving zombie flowers

usual Thu 24-Nov-16 10:11:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SarcasmMode Thu 24-Nov-16 10:14:26

You're an inspiration, Zombie flowers

Happy Thanksgiving.

Mummylin Thu 24-Nov-16 10:44:44

What is a "grit" ? I have absolutely no idea.
I hope we will all be getting suitably dressed up for Zombielads wedding. How long have we got to pick our outfits Zombie ?

Susiesoap7 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:54:38

Happy thanksgiving everyone! Just found my wedding hat and dusted the cobwebs off! Found a few flowers to put on 🌹🌺🌹🌺🌹🌺

MadameCholetsDirtySecret Thu 24-Nov-16 11:02:26

I followed your story but not posted. Hope you are having a super day flowers

klassykringle Thu 24-Nov-16 11:03:59

Happy thanksgiving zombie chocolatecake wine

Allalonenow Thu 24-Nov-16 11:16:23

OOhh! Are we wearing hats on the day, I love a good hat!! grin

(Grits are made from maize, so they are polenta porridge)

IamtheZombie Thu 24-Nov-16 11:35:34

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits

Susiesoap7 Thu 24-Nov-16 12:39:33

I'll miss out on the grits thank you 😊

PigletWasPoohsFriend Thu 24-Nov-16 12:44:41

wine Love a good hat too.

OrlandaFuriosa Thu 24-Nov-16 12:49:34

Have some of my virtual damson gin to go with the champers; as La Veuve said, drink it when happy, drink it when sad.. and I say, drink to celebrate and live every moment. And think what you've created.. (oh yes, damson gin and champagne.. loses point). wine

Whatnot65 Thu 24-Nov-16 13:10:47

Happy Thanksgiving Zombie wine wine Your posts always make me laugh/think in equal measure.

Mummylin Thu 24-Nov-16 13:19:51

Thanks for grit explanations, I maybe would try a mouthful just to see if I liked it ! Hope you are having a good day Zomb. How is the "fresh air" these days ?

marriednotdead Thu 24-Nov-16 16:09:26

Just popped by to say high and reserve a place for me and me 'at grin

iklboo Thu 24-Nov-16 16:23:39

DH has just bought me a gin making experience day for Christmas. Booked for the end of January. Unfortunately mini still has sold out, but I probably wouldn't have had time to use it much anyway.

On the day I get a tour of the distillery, FOUR gin drinks (perfect pours and cocktails), make my own bottle of gin to take home and an hour in the bar afterwards with nibbles n stuff.

Now I've just got to ponder what flavour gin to make.......

Somerville Thu 24-Nov-16 16:28:53

I don't like grits but I do like gin - and weddings of course. So seems like a good time to de-lurk.

I think you're very generous, Zombie, to let so many people share this journey with you. It's a huge privilege. flowers

PurpleDaisies Thu 24-Nov-16 16:31:09

Another de lurking to Day happy thanksgiving and couldn't they have come up with a better name for the major porridge thing than "grits"? It sounds like you'll be eating tarmac...

HerRoyalFattyness Thu 24-Nov-16 17:40:46

Grits just sounds awful.

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Thu 24-Nov-16 18:52:59

Oooh, nice to see so many de-lurkers wine all round and Happy Thanksgiving Zombie and everyone.

I was just going to say Purple that grits sounds like corny porridge smile, it is a very odd name for food.

Anyway Phalanx, my news is that we are moving next Thursday! Out of the fucking lovely caravan into the house that has taken 18 sodding months to renovate.
The subbies are panicking but the ecovanplusman is booked!

And I bet my hat is bigger than all of yours grin

Susiesoap7 Thu 24-Nov-16 19:05:44

That sounds interesting iklboo, bet you won't be able to stand up after all that gin lol, sorry I can't come with you as I can't do gin and don't want to be sick on my wedding hat !! 🤑🤑🤑

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now