D'ya ever wonder why we ALWAYS miss the 1,000 message thingeymebob???

(1000 Posts)

<<shuffles across to a new thread>>

triplets Sun 19-May-13 22:43:47

potters grin

bubby64 Sun 19-May-13 23:07:19

Hi All
Happy birthday elder Sokletssmile smile, I remember the large parties well, We used to hire a village hall, and a bouncy castle, and leave them all to it, oh, apart from the year we hired a hall and asked everyone to bring a scooter, bike or ride on, that was an easy one, there was no preperation apart from setting out a few cones and obstacles for them to all tide around, mayhem, but all the kids enjoyed it!. I also always made cake, and most years i didnt do traditional party food, just sausages, chips and beans, and jelly and icecream. Easy!grin It was always the party bags that took the time, but, in the end, I had it down to such a fine art, some of the other mums paid me to do theirs, it didn't earn much, but it was another little job that bought in a few penniesgrin
Trips - don't cancel, its only a weekend, and, if necessary, can you ask if you can take some dressings snd do it yourself?
Mama- glad you have put the eork decision on the backburner gor a few weeks, hope your little one improves a bit, teehing is such a horrid time for both them and you!
Hi Rubes and Shabs.

Well, what a weekend we have had!
We had a real problem on Friday, one of the yr11 boys on the bus, who has been bullying both boys since they started High School, decided it would be funny to throw stones at them as the got off. 1 stone hit J so hard on the back of the head, it cut it open, and, like all scalp wounds, he bleed like a stuck pig! The lady from the village shop helped him and bought him home, and we had to take him to the Drs to get it glued. I decided enough was enough, the school obviously couldn't stop this problem, even though they had tried, so I called the police and reported it.sad The police were brilliant, they said it was common assult, by 5pm they had already spoken to the school and got the back history from them, and, luckily, the incident was caught on the shops cctv, so they have invited the little git down the station for formal interview. I just hope this is the end of the matter, as the boy concerned is now apparently pissing himself! (sorry for crudeness, but he deserves this!)

Anyway, they still went to the funfair friday night, despite my misgivings, and had a good time, and then the Show was real success Saturday, their Young Farmers club won best display tent, and also they won tug of war competition, and Bertie won "cutest puppy" luckily they don't know him very wellgrin grin

To cap it all, DH has managed to get the parts to fix the Pontiac, at half the price he was expecting to pay! They were still £400, but they don't need any additional work, so can be put straight on, which has saved us about £500 on our original quotes. We drove to Norwich to fetch them today <<the fact we didn't have to drive across half the country to get them was another bonus>> and they will be fitted this week. It means will be fixed in time for all the booked engagements, phew!!wink

And if you have got this far on this monster post, well done, have a wine

triplets Sun 19-May-13 23:25:22

slurp wine thanks Bubbsgrin
We are going to the IOW for 5 nights Bubbs, he wouldn`t be able to go because of the drain, there is no way you can hide it. Fingers x`d it stops by Thurs. x

triplets Sun 19-May-13 23:26:29

Kids can be so cruel, well done!

bubby64 Mon 20-May-13 00:07:36

Trips- my 2 change their sheets and pillowcases on their high sleepers, as I cannot manage it any more, I do help them with the duvet covers, because the always seem to get in a muddle doing those. Mind you, if they didn't, they would be sleeping on stripped beds, as I do that bit so they haven't really got a choice, they still moan every timewink
And getting them to tidy their rooms and put away clean clothes is a nightmarish constant battle!
Fingers crossed for the holiday, I hope you can still get there. I take it you couldn't get travel insurance because of his previous medical historysad

Chopstheduck Mon 20-May-13 06:17:03

morning girls

great news on the pontiac, bubby! That school incident sounds horrible though, hope the boys are ok and the other little sod has learned his lesson.

happy birthday to the soklets, hope the party went ok!

<<waves to rubes>> We finally did book Alcatraz a few days ago, I thought we'd done it, but we're going later than you and booking just opened. Night tour, and sat down with the kids at the weekend and watched Escape from Alcatraz with them. Can't wait! grin Oh, and I'm still running - started a half marathon training plan!

Trips, fingers crossed for the drain being sorted before the weekend. Rebecca needs a kick up the bum! I don't know how true it is, but as a child I was never allowed to cover my whole wall in posters because of it being a fire risk, which would kind of make sense. So mine are only allowed a limited amount. Mine change their own beds too, though dd mostly does the duvets for them.

We spent three hours on Sat sorting out the boys room though, clearing out outgrown toys. Shay's glasses appeared from under the bed that had been missing for a month or so! It's a triple, with a trundle so I'm not sure how they were still in one piece! I've even labelled the drawers so that they don't keep putting their laundry away in the wrong drawers - it is sparkling now!

Morning girls xx Toms last 'proper' week at borstal school!! Prom on Friday (whatever happened to 'end of school' disco in the school hall?) then back into school for a couple of hours a day for revision classes...last exam is second week in June!

Dont know how he has got through his High school life....it has been, at times, traumatic - and that is not being 'over the top' in any way!

As the final part of his Btec Music Tom is performing in a concert tonight at school. In the schools own theatre aptly named 'Peter Kay theatre!!!!'

A few weeks ago the thought of doing it was making him cry BUT his Music teacher talked to him about it. He started off singing Olly Murs songs but his voice has 'broken' so much he is now on Johnny Cash songs LOL. Teacher has sat with him for a week helping him chose songs he is comfortable with. Something about his voice going down 5 'something or others' . He is now excited about tonight and is singing the main part of this song with a few of the other kids doing the chorus.

he had the headphones on last night practicing and it sounds amazing

Sokmonsta Mon 20-May-13 10:24:50

<emerges from pile of wrapping paper, cards and straws, staggers to kettle for a cuppa tea>

triplets Mon 20-May-13 10:35:21

Well done Soks, bet they had a lovely timesmile No change here, dk just the same, grrrrrv it is soooo frustrating, 4 weeks this Frid since the op and he`s still draining. He accuses me of being negative about going away but I get so scared of things going wrong.............like now. I am not sure if the ins comp will pay out as this is not a cancer op, but you bet they will relate it to one!

bubby64 Mon 20-May-13 10:47:14

Chops- do you rent yourself out to clear and organise boys rooms??wink Enjoy the Alcatraz tour, I hear the night ones are quite spooky.
Shabs- Good luck to Tom in the concertsmile James is also in his first concert today- his form picked him to play guitar in the schools "battle of the bands" - he was 'bricking it' this morning!

I just hope everything was ok on the bus today, I assume it was, as I haven't had a text or phone call.

Chopstheduck Mon 20-May-13 11:46:05

<<<sees bubby's post and runs a mile>>

Good luck to Tomster and James in their concerts.

Some nerves is a good thing you know. Unlike my eldest son who will get on stage at the drop of a hat and LOVES everyone looking at him, and the more shocking the act, the better. He was getting dressed for the school disco Friday, and came down in surprisingly normal clothes. I was a little confused, then realized he looked rather podgy. Lifted his top up and underneath was his fecking pink pig costume and ballet wings!!

Though, actually this was his first ever disco, a massive achievement for him as he could never manage it before. The dark and noise, and flashing lights were unbearable due to sensory issues. smile

bubby64 Mon 20-May-13 20:14:10

Chops- thanks for the good wishes, James did very well, according to Mike and friends, apparently, he managed to get through the whole thing with his eyes almost shut!
I noticed that the boys involved in the stone throwing were met off the bus by their mums, I wonder if this was part of what the police have requested. I will find out tomorrow, as we have to go down the station to be informed of progress.

triplets Mon 20-May-13 22:34:05

Well.............had a phone call from the Mac nurse today, now even more despondant. Dk blood result is ok, his blood count is on the up. Bad news is the size of the clot from the ultra sound last Weds, its massive and she says it is very doubtful that it will finish draining this week! She also said he has been made an apt for a ct scan next Mon (Bank Holiday) at 12.45pm. We were supposed to be on the IOW then............I nearly criedsad Five long years of anguish and upsets, after all we have already been through. I know I am feeling myself, but I am soooooo worn out with it all.............just want something nice to happen. Feel sorry for the dks too as they keep asking if we are still going away, the house feels as though there is a big black cloud over it.

<<quickly hides under the shag pile before Shabs comes in with her wet kipper>>

triplets Mon 20-May-13 22:35:55

blush I am not feeling myself! Sorry for myself !blush

triplets Mon 20-May-13 22:53:15

and why have my child tax credits dropped by £40 a month!!!

Oh Trips - once again I wish we lived close by to each other. xx

Today (Tuesday) is one year since Estars little lad died sad She said (on Facebook) that they are going to spend the day doing his favourite things - they are going to wear something yellow (his favourite colour) eat Chinese food and play Board games smile. Part of me cant believe its been a year and the other part of me feels like its been about 30 years since he lost his fight xxxx

Sorry its not working. Think that it must be private to only FB friends of the lady who added it. x

Morning girls xx

Chopstheduck Tue 21-May-13 07:07:28

Bubby that is good!

Trips, how crap sad My tax credits have dropped too, no idea why. Must be a tory cut I guess.

Shabs, this should work. I can;t believe it's been a year, come round so quick. I love the idea though of a Daniel day! I've lit a candle.

Thanks Chops xx

MultipleMama Tue 21-May-13 09:45:54

Shit, that sucks, trips.

I have my dating scan today and I'm a bundle of nerves, desperately hoping for good news. They told me not to rule out the worst at my last scan. I just want to see 2 alive babies on the screen.

DH has took morning off work so we can take ds1 and dts1 with us while DF looks after others.

Fingers crossed I can come off bed rest!!

bubby64 Tue 21-May-13 12:03:10

Chops/Trips - my tax credits have also dropped, so now I am no longer getting anything! Its a combination of a drop in what you can claim for, how much you earn before you claim, and a cut in the rate, from what I can make out.sad
Good luck Mama - I have my fingers crossed for you and your babies.
Trips - it does look as if the holiday is in dire jeopardy, I am so sorry, Is there any chance at all of you going with the kids, and H staying either at home or with another relative? I know its a drastic solution, but is it a possibility at all ??
Shabs- re Estars son, I cant belive its been a year! Also, how did Tom do last night?
Soks- how are you today?

MultipleMama Tue 21-May-13 13:23:40

I'm home and baking ready to surprise DF it's twins.

My scan is good news. T2 is dated at 12w and T1 is dated at 11+1w but according to the scan and tests T1 developing as well as T2 and T1 is growing just slower and AF has risen slightly.

T1 still to be monitored for miscarriage risk. I am no longer on bed rest and hydration routine just light activities and to keep my fluids up.

T2 was sucking their thumb and had hiccups. Can't stop staring at the scan photo smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.