Week 2: Pre-summer Low Carb Bootcamp - come and weigh-in!

(804 Posts)
BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:10:06

Morning all! I'm excited to see what the scales are telling everyone this week - it sounds like we've had some great results so far!

Here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

Here's to another successful week

flowers

Abracadabra12 Mon 23-May-16 07:13:55

Down 2lb! Stuck to it properly all week and then was silly over the weekend with wine and a latte.
Feeling fired up for this week though and have planned lots of lovely things to eat.

stilllovingmysleep Mon 23-May-16 07:14:10

Hi BIWI here too!
Was just moaning on the other thread that I only lost 600gr (as weighed today) even though 2 days ago I was down much more than that. I hope its just because period is about to come?

margaritasbythesea Mon 23-May-16 07:14:58

I noticed that the guardian and the independent had exactly the same article on low carb diets today. Word for word.

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:15:53

still period really do mess with weight - don't worry! (And as you say, a loss is a loss!)

BagpussOhSagpuss Mon 23-May-16 07:17:00

Morning.
Down 6lbs here......I am amazed!
Can't add to spreadsheet yet(stupid iPad) but will try and liberate a laptop from one of the DC's later and update.

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:17:34

Very interesting to see that LCHF is making the news today. The fact that it's also coming from the National Obesity Forum is important, I think.

The interview on BBC breakfast with Prof Susan Jebb was really irritating though. She's a long-term opponent of low carbing and will still insist that current advice is right, the problem being that people just can't follow it. Silly woman.

stilllovingmysleep Mon 23-May-16 07:18:04

Am trying to think of it that way. Generally I lose VERY slowly (but overall I also don't have that much to lose, probably 10-15 kilos is my ultimate goal).

Perhaps I should start exercising too? ATM doing zero blush due to work commitments but should have a bit more time soon. What exercise would you recommend as more effective for weight loss? (I know diet is the most important thing though)

reader77 Mon 23-May-16 07:19:40

I'm amazed too..i have LD'd before but I don't remember losing so much in the first week. I know it won't stay at that rate of course but still!! Good start anyway, so great motivation to continue.

Boot camp has definitely helped me stay consistent.

JemimaMuddledUp Mon 23-May-16 07:19:41

1lb on. Oh dear!

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:20:29

Guardian piece

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:24:03

Jemima two things:

1. list out for me what your meals have been over the last few days, and let me see if I can spot anything

2. it could be that your medication is having an impact

I'm still worried about you and Bootcamp though - and you haven't replied about seeing the GP/your asthma nurse. Please reassure me that you're going to do this!

RaisinGirls Mon 23-May-16 07:25:24

4lb weight loss. Really pleased with that as not sure I totally got the rules for the first few days. Hugely motivating to go forward into a new week.

Hope everyone else has a good weigh in and a good week.

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:25:25

still As with Jemima, why don't you list out for me your meals over the last few days, just in case there's anything obvious.

Have you been following the rules? Especially eating fat/drinking water?

StrawberryLeaf Mon 23-May-16 07:25:39

Didn't realise there would be a week 2 thread, thank you Biwi and thank you for all the guidance.

I'm pleased to be down 6lb grin I'll update the spreadsheet when I'm on the laptop later.

The news articles are really interesting, had a frustrating conversation with DH this morning who thinks surely it can't be healthy (high fat). He says because the Dept Public health have said there's no evidence to support the new report it is not true higher fat is better. I was saying of course they will say that all their years of guidance is built on strategies which are making us fatter, evidenced in the rising obesity levels!

MissRainbowBrite Mon 23-May-16 07:27:45

Weighing in here too, a 6lb loss. I'm really pleased with that, fingers crossed for the second week of boot camp.
Could someone add my weight on the spreadsheet, another one here that can't access it, thank you.

MissRainbowBrite 144

tinybellows Mon 23-May-16 07:28:36

3lb off.

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:29:51

There are lots of studies to support the National Obesity Forum.

A couple of really good books - "Escape the Diet Trap" by Dr John Briffa, and "The Diet Delusion" by Gary Taubes - will give you enough info on this. Also, look at The Diet Doctor's blog.

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:30:41

The Diet Doctor

GuyMartinsSideburns Mon 23-May-16 07:30:46

Could someone put me in at 127lbs please? Have a great day everyone smile

BIWI Mon 23-May-16 07:31:43

Strawberry - I start a new chat thread every week, and always post the link to the spreadsheet in the OP. Makes it much easier to follow!

PippilottaViktualia Mon 23-May-16 07:34:00

I've added you. Well done 6lbs smile

SoggyBottoms Mon 23-May-16 07:37:22

I'm only 1lb off this week but it's my 4th week of BC and I've broken the rules a few times due to my birthday... Also very interested by the news this morning. Sounds like the food industry have a worrying level of input into official advice!

Eva50 Mon 23-May-16 07:37:28

6lbs down this morning. A little disappointed as I was 6.5lbs down last Wednesday but notice a few people have had the same problem. I have stuck to LCHF religiously so I'm sure it will sort itself. Could someone add me to the spreadsheet as I don't have a laptop and whilst I could ask ds3, I don't really want his teacher to know my weight!

Eva50 - 224lbs

MissRainbowBrite Mon 23-May-16 07:37:45

Thanks Pippi, good luck everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now