The Elderberry Pavlovas, sausage bouquets, one giant sofa and the Gü pots of destiny! (thread 9)

(994 Posts)
Bunnygirlie Sun 21-Apr-13 22:56:49

Come on ladies, this is the one! Time for some BFPs!

The smallprint- Berries have a strict entrance criteria (TTC #1, over 30, TTC for 3+months, must have a special pot, NO instadiffers)

Frogcatcher Fri 03-May-13 22:02:16

Oh sorry bajas. I feel bad now. Mr Frog really pleased but a bit in shock too. I think he's doubting the reliability of an IC as he says he spent a fortune on tests 9 years ago for his ex. Men!

Well having proclaimed my new blase attitude to ttc to you all earlier my lovely DP decided to show me a photo of his SiL showing off the bump. I had that 'trying not to cry' thing going on for about 15 minutes before he helpfully pointed out there was no point getting upset about it. Thanks. And there I was thinking that crying about it would help get me upduffed. So now I'm wanting to 'try harder' only I forgot to pack my vitamin b6 so I can't take those for the next 3 days and Ov should be any day now. So staying in hostel type accommodation in minimum 4 bunkbeds to a room isn't going to help our chances either. And actually, chances of getting upduffed without help to extend my LP are slim to none anyway so why am I even bothering?! sad .
Anyway, got here eventually in bank holiday traffic and now heading for the wine .
Happy bank holiday everyone!!

frog we need updates when you've told DP!! And if you've started a twins goldrush even better!!! grin grin

Bajas Fri 03-May-13 22:05:28

boom sorry to hear about previous mc.

If it did work out for that time it would be a great present for dh. Mine has bday June 22nd so maybe I should aim for that. Not much chance before that as dh starts working nights for a month on Monday.

cross post again!!
frog slap your DP with a bunch of sausages and explain that A LINE IS A LINE!!!!!! wink

Bajas sorry she got you angry .

Frogcatcher Fri 03-May-13 22:07:16

Oh barking that sounds rubbish. Men just think we can switch off our emotions I think.
I can't promise a twins goldrush but as I think I've mentioned before I do carry the gene. My cousins are non-identical twins & one had twins at the beginning of the year.

Bajas Fri 03-May-13 22:09:13

frogs don't feel bad for one minute! It's wonderful news and you've really cheered me up grin

barking I hope you have a great weekend away and maybe the lack of all the paraphernalia will help you relax and forget about ttc for a couple of days.

CharmingCats Fri 03-May-13 22:14:29

Been reading about pcos. My scan showed lots of follies on both ovaries, but bloodworm didn't support the theory of pcos. My acne is getting worse by the day and I swear my legs are getting more hairy. I'm on cd30 and have no dies whether I e ov yet, so it looks as though I'm in for another long cycle. I do have an appointment with the gynae in July, so at least I'm still on the books, but I'd really like to have a couple of cycles at least, if not get diffed! Feeling s bit sorry for myself and can't help thinking that I must be stopping myself from ov or something.
I'd really like to know one way or the other. Will I get diffed or not. Then I could move on.

CharmingCats Fri 03-May-13 22:15:29

*blood work...worm??

CharmingCats Fri 03-May-13 22:16:24

*no idea ... Bloody iPad

Frog, joining the party late! So so so so so pleased for you. Trust the IC, they are much more sensitive than other 'brands' and just as reliable. Don't expect a positive on a 'brand' for a couple of days if your IC is one from the links off the earlier threads, they're way more sensitive than others. Hope you are enjoying the giddy feeling, the excitement and the fear tonight. And the baby name arguments conversations! So lovely to see a berry who is NOT an instadiffer and didn't just join a day ago get their line, you've been so supportive and lovely to everyone here so I'm sure everyone is over the moon for you. Well done you! And 11dpo is fine much better than my tests at 7dpo so try not to worry, if its meant to be it will be. Doing a naked berry dance bunny style for you to celebrate! And contemplating giving shag week a go after all so I can join you in the grads! x

Bunnygirlie Fri 03-May-13 22:21:49

Frog - hope this is the start of the BFP rush! Twins would be nice to save having to go through all this again!!!

Cats - I am a little worried about your bloodworm!?! wink hugs, sorry you're feeling blue

Bajas - sorry she got you

Ladies, do we need a new list [grin{

Bunnygirlie Fri 03-May-13 22:23:24

Bunny - 33, married, cycle 12, just started getting bloods, hubby getting tests too,heading into shag week,

charming I liked bloodworm. Gave me the idea that there was a little woodworm in glasses giving expert opinion on your blood wink .
Sorry you're giving yourself a hard time sad .

MrsB00Mbastic Fri 03-May-13 22:27:01

Ah charming join the club. Trying to get a PCOS diagnosis is like the quest for the holy flipping grail. I also had a dodgy looking scan and normal bloods, then we tried again and I had freakish bloods and a normal scan...awaiting round 3 of diagnosis attempt! I'm also convinced I'm getting..er..moustach-ey since coming off the implant. It's really crappy having no idea what your body is doing at all. I've tried all sorts of supplements that are supposed to regulate cycles, but the only thing that seems to bring on AF is acupuncture...

I do love the idea of bloodworms, wriggling around under the microscope with little signs saying 'It's PCOS, you fools!'

Bajas flipping night shifts! Should be able to get a doctor's note while TTC saying night shifts are not allowed!

Barking sorry you got side-swiped by a bump pic. Hope you can still enjoy your jollies, wine should help!

GooseyD Fri 03-May-13 22:39:55

Thats great news frog! grin

Barking completely understand what u mean, with the damned short lp it feels like a bit of a foregone conclusion each month... role on the treatment! Where r u on hols?

GooseyD Fri 03-May-13 22:48:14

barking have u read much about the b6? I had annovulatory cycle after taking quite high dose for a couple of months and then read that it can do that... strange as i had also seen lots of people swear by it.

goosey I've not read loads, just enough positive on balance to make me try it. Figured if it mucked up Ov I've not lost anything anyway, and hopefully in another couple of cycles I'll be on the clomid which will override any possible negative effect of the b6 from previous cycles. Disclaimer - this is my totally uninformed assumption!!

Barkingtreefrog cycle 17, short LP, hsg next cycle then scan then back to fc for clomid if no further problems found. Hopefully popping the pills by July so due a BFP then and an April baby grin .

oh, and North Wales...

happylass Fri 03-May-13 23:16:35

Bunny - 33, married, cycle 12, just started getting bloods, hubby getting tests too,heading into shag week,
Barkingtreefrog cycle 17, short LP, hsg next cycle then scan then back to fc for clomid if no further problems found. Hopefully popping the pills by July so due a BFP then and an April baby .
Happylass, 35, cycle 9. AF due 8th May. Very little hope this cycle. On the look out for a sympathetic GP to refer me grin

Oops, forgot my age - 33 for one more month!!

Cate555 Fri 03-May-13 23:58:42

Just having a nosey before bed and look at the fantastic news!!! Massive congrats frog really delighted for you. xx

Tallyra Fri 03-May-13 23:59:33

not much to say at the moment except ic sticks have never failed me, so frog, it's sounding good!
Oh, and the lovely lady on the phone did say that they might want to test my tubes for infection, which is a new idea for me so at least they might actually have an idea what might be wrong to be looked for!

Tallyra, 33, married, TTC for 3-4 years, 3mmc with HG. Appt to see fc/gynae 11June for initial consult. tntc until then angry

BlindKitty Sat 04-May-13 07:34:28

YES!!!! frog you little beauty!!!! Made up for you smile. What did mr frog say? Xxx

boom totally know what you mean. I had this little fantasy about telling dh on holiday, or before that on valentines day, before that at Xmas bla bla bla!!!

GooseyD Sat 04-May-13 08:09:31

Barkingtreefrog - 33, cycle 17, short LP, hsg next cycle then scan then back to fc for clomid if no further problems found. Hopefully popping the pills by July so due a BFP then and an April baby .
Happylass - 35, cycle 9. AF due 8th May. Very little hope this cycle. On the look out for a sympathetic GP to refer me grin
Tallyra - 33, married, TTC for 3-4 years, 3mmc with HG. Appt to see fc/gynae 11June for initial consult. tntc until then angry
GooseyD - 38, nearly 2 yrs TTC (followed by 2 yrs 'not TTA' and head in sand), all tests normal but only 7 day LP, hsg on Tuesday eeek then seeing FC on Sat

Kitty are you there? Is it beautiful?

Barking I uninformedly agree with your uniformed assumption! Worth trying for yourself given the success stories and as you say you're heading towards treatment so it's not holding you up (which was my mistake, trying all the natural stuff before getting into the system...)

Did anyone reply re HSG and hycosy? Not exactly the same: http://fertilitythewholestory.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/hycosy-vs-hsg.html

GooseyD Sat 04-May-13 08:11:16

I meant 'following 2 years 'not TTA' - I was pretty dim about the whole thing but not quite stupid enough to go backwards!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now