The Clomid Crew - Part 2

(1000 Posts)
goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:17

"Come on, ovaries! Let's get this party started, yeah?!"

mazzie40 Sat 23-Feb-13 17:33:22

This is my 1 round of clomid at 50mg. I should really be abit more possitive. Hopefuly as time goes on smile. I hope you get your bfp first time round smile. I'm not sure when I'll test, maybe cd 30, thats if no af by then smile. Come on baby dust, we need you! smile.

mazzie40 Sat 23-Feb-13 18:14:30

This is my 1 round of clomid at 50mg. I should really be abit more possitive. Hopefuly as time goes on smile. I hope you get your bfp first time round smile. I'm not sure when I'll test, maybe cd 30, thats if no af by then smile. Come on baby dust, we need you! smile.

Meluv Mon 25-Feb-13 18:35:43

Well girls my dose has been put up today to 100mg let's get this follie party going x

Soph80 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:18:08

Girls - clomid question...

Was started on 100mg (even though I was already ovulating) and surprise surprise my prog levels were through the roof so consultant reduced my dosage to 50mg. I told her I didn't especially have any faith in clomid (as was already ovulating) so she agreed to put me on the IUI waiting list. However...she doesn't want to know if I'm taking the clomid as she can only recommend one treatment at a time.

So, question is, should I still take it? DH wants me to but worried I'll overstimulate or thin my uterus

mazzie40 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:24:03

Thats great Meluv smile. I really hope you get a bfp this cycle hun smile. Today I have had a really runny nose bv my sense of smelkt has been different, really strong. I keep thinking, it's all in my head & for the past few days I've had a really dry throat all the time which I've never had before, maybe a side effect of the clomid?. I wish you all the best ladies & lots of baby dust coming our way smile x

Alexandra6 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:27:27

Sorry soph but I'm not liking the sound of your consultant. I'm only starting on 50mg, which is what people usually start on, and I don't ovulate so I don't get why you're starting on a high dose if you are ovulating? Also she should make sure she knows exactly what you're doing treatment wise - and I think you're saying she doesn't mind you doing IUI and clomid as long as she doesn't know which I presume means it's not a good idea? G

Alexandra6 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:29:33

Sorry pressed send too soon, was going to say good luck and keep doing your research smile

Alexandra6 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:30:55

Oh and mazzie I have a cold and runny nose, and I just started clomid and rarely get colds usually, wonder if you're right?!

mazzie40 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:38:36

I've had this twice in 2wks & it's making me feel like crap. What cd r u on Alex? x

slippysnow Mon 25-Feb-13 21:51:30

Hey Mazzie. Don't want to get your hopes up too much, but your symptoms sound alot like mine. Fingers crossed for you. Soph I'm surprised they would start you on 100mg, it seems really strange if you were already ovulating, it's easier to add if its not strong enough rather than you having to wait until the next round because you have been overstimulated. Good luck to everyone. I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant (dated to my period) and I have to wait until April for my scan. sad I suppose if I managed to wait 26 months I can wait a bit longer ;)

Soph80 Mon 25-Feb-13 21:56:09

Alex - well I did worry re the 100mg starter dosage but went along with her anyway. She just won't recommend me for IUI if I'm still seeing if clomid has worked. I basically have 4 months left but she has basically said she doesn't want to know if I take them lol

Alexandra6 Mon 25-Feb-13 22:12:00

She should be monitoring you though? I don't actually know what IUI is really but they said that would be my next steps after 3 cycles of clomid. Seems that other people try clomid for longer though so I'm going to ask for 6. Also I've heard that some people ovulate and get BFP in the couple of months after clomid so maybe it's a good idea to try that before IUI? Really hope I get my BFP before it comes to anything else.

Mazzie hope it's a symptom for you, I'm on CD11 so can't be a symptom for me yet.

How you feeling slippy?

mazzie40 Mon 25-Feb-13 22:51:48

Hi Slippy smile. I was trying to get excitf abov my symtoms but always I think na there's gotta be another explanation lol. I had another strange symptom 2day while walking in the super market. I got pressure pains right above my private parts & I had to walk really slow & I've had backache for a few days now. & I've felt quite hot for a few days. I pray they are pg symptoms but not getting my hopes up. Slippy, did u wait till your missed period to test or before?. X

mazzie40 Mon 25-Feb-13 22:54:05

Alex, are you using opk's?

mazzie40 Mon 25-Feb-13 23:12:55

Alex, are you using opk's?

Alexandra6 Tue 26-Feb-13 07:02:47

Ooh mazzie fingers crossed! Started using OPKs yesterday on day 11 and my hospital scan is tomorrow. Have always had negative OPKs when I've tried them so would be amazing to get a positive! Is there a best time of day to do them? Don't know how reliable they are

Meluv Tue 26-Feb-13 07:51:51

Mazzie fingers crossed for u lovely hope these r all sighns of something amazing for you lovely smile good luck with your scan Alex am hoping for better results this cycle on the 100mg dose and girls am also full of cold with dry sore throat but am defo not preggers as am cd 3 today big hugs all xxx the old gang V an ANNA I do hope use r ok miss use lots xxxx

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 09:57:05

Alex - she only ever gave me a blood test anyway as they don't offer ultrasounds at my hospital. IUI is when they wash DHs semen and extract the bad sperm, then place the best ones in your uterus around ovulation. Good luck for your scan xxx

mazzie40 Tue 26-Feb-13 10:44:03

Good morning ladies smile. Alex I used clearblue didgie opk & I did 1 at 11 am & 1 at 10pm starting from cd10 & when I got the smiley on cd13 when I did the 11am test. I stopped using them. I hope your scan goes well hun & you get great news smile. Meluv, I hope you get great results this cycle & hope your cold goes away soonsmile. I've still got this runny nose & a really dry throat/mouth. Hi Sophie, hope ur well hun smile. Have a good day ladies & God bless. X

Alexandra6 Tue 26-Feb-13 11:00:02

Seems funny that they are scanning me on CD 13 (tomorrow) if that's when you ovulated as they might miss it if it comes early? Oh well we dtd last night so hopefully got it covered if it does come early! I don't feel any different though...guess I can't tell if it's working yet!

mazzie40 Tue 26-Feb-13 12:08:48

I'm sure u coverd it hun. I dtd on cd4,6, 7 & then on cd13 when I got the smiley & twice on cd14 then on cd15,17 & 20. I have done something thats messed my brain up lol. My friend who is pregnant came round for a cuppa this morning & said that opk's also show up pregnancy & thats what she did before using a hpt & it showed 2 lines, so what did I go & do lol, I tried it & got 2 lines but I'm not taking any notice of it. I have a first response pg test here & I'm really tempted but I'm going to try & wait till at least Friday. Have any of you ladies any input on using opk's as pg test? X

slippysnow Tue 26-Feb-13 14:48:38

Hiya. mazzie I took my pg test on cd 29 which was faint and then a digital one on cd31. My average cycle is 33days so I technically took it early. If you can possibly hold out try its so much better to get an unquestionable one, you don't have the anticlimax brought along with doubt. I've never used opk's though so can't help you that way.

alex I'm feeling ok overall, I had shoulder pain which was worrying but that went 2days later. Achy muscles, slight cramping, needing to wee all the time. No morning sickness but its still early days. The worst thing iS my nipples feel like they are sun burnt, agony when I get out the shower. I hope you all get these lovely symptoms soon!!!

slippysnow Tue 26-Feb-13 14:51:51

I know this news is very unhelpful but the worry and anxiety of TTC does not stop when you get pg. I got a feeling it will last the whole 9 months sad

Soph80 Tue 26-Feb-13 15:20:43

Mazzie - i've got a rubbish cold too. Had all these big plans to bake cupcakes and make a casserole but seems all I have done today is blow my nose!

Slippy - I can imagine! I'm going to be a nightmare when I finally get pregnant! God help my DH!!!!

mazzie40 Tue 26-Feb-13 18:14:02

Thanx for the reply Slippy, I will try to hold out till Thurs or Fri smile. Sophie I hope your cold goes away soon hun. I think I'll have an early night tonight & hopefuly feel better tomorrow smile x

This thread is not accepting new messages.