AIBU to feel a little suspicious , FB related .

(148 Posts)
Penvelopesnightie Wed 12-Oct-16 13:17:12

On my FB I have seen a distant relative of mine and he's in photos taken by he's female partner at a children's party . Him and partner have no children of their own .He is pictured on he's own with the children in every photo . I wonder if I'm being unreasonable to think he's actually quite creepy and why is he in a room without any adults present , just him and he's partner taking photos . Obviously the children's parents have seen these photos on FB and there are no comments made .

YesILikeItToo Wed 12-Oct-16 13:18:46

As you suspected, you are being unreasonable.

ilovesooty Wed 12-Oct-16 13:19:46

Exactly.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Wed 12-Oct-16 13:20:08

So a husband and wife went to a kids birthday party and the wife took some photos of the day including some photos of her husband at the party?

IzzyIsBusy Wed 12-Oct-16 13:20:20

Is partner was at tbe party too. Due you see her as creepy? Or is it because he is a man hmm

Also another adult was present you said his partner took the photos confused

HobnailsandTaffeta Wed 12-Oct-16 13:20:25

Really?

user1476140278 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:20:51

How is he the only adult if someone else tool the photos?

Dons1975 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:20:52

Are you not allowed to have your photo taken with children if you don't have any? Yabu what a ridiculous post!!

maxington Wed 12-Oct-16 13:21:07

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Alabastard Wed 12-Oct-16 13:22:02

My oldest male friend has no children. There's a framed picture of him and my DD in his house.

YABVU.

KindergartenKop Wed 12-Oct-16 13:23:02

Maybe he really likes kids and is sad he can't have any of his own? You'd never make this comment about a woman showing interest in her friends' kids.

FeckinCrutches Wed 12-Oct-16 13:23:44

Yes, you are being weird. They must know the adults/children very well if they've been invited to the party? hmm

MiddleClassProblem Wed 12-Oct-16 13:23:44

They weren't invited to a party then left on their own in a room to manage all the children... There will be other parents there just out of shot... Like the person taking the photo..

Maudlinmaud Wed 12-Oct-16 13:25:03

Have you a reason to suspect him?
If not YABU!

Mia1415 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:25:50

YABVU! Nothing odd about this at all (other than the fact it is bothering you!)

Softkitty2 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:26:52

Its because of people like you OP that men feel like they can't go near children, walk near a park, sit on a bench outside eating lunch. What is wrong with you?

thisisafakename Wed 12-Oct-16 13:27:32

Wow, you're a piece of work, aren't you? YABU and you are the weird/creepy one, imagining a sexual overtone when there is none whatsoever. Is HIS (not he's) partner not an adult? If so, how can you say there were no other adults there and also say that she was the one taking the photos.

Penvelopesnightie Wed 12-Oct-16 13:29:00

It was five photos all of them on he's own and obviously partner taking photos . I've been mulling it over all day . Perhaps he is sad he can't have children . But it's just weird that they are all of just him and children and no one else enjoying party. I don't really know if it's weird or not really .

wigglesrock Wed 12-Oct-16 13:29:12

I'm not really sure what you're asking/suspicious of. I have several family members/friends that have no children, they go to kids parties and they take photos occasionally.

DogsAndWolves Wed 12-Oct-16 13:31:20

Wierdo, definitely. You, that is.

MrsHam13 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:31:24

Don't be ridiculous. He'd hardly put the pics on the Internet on fb if it were dodgy.

Unless.....maybe.....hes the child catcher......or the pied piper.

Softkitty2 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:31:52

thisisafakename OP is implying that it doesnt matter if his partner is there taking photos coz she is probably an enabler.

I cannot believe this. For OP to think of malice and deviance before anything else is what i find disturbing.

Maudlinmaud Wed 12-Oct-16 13:33:34

Op these pictures are really nothing to feel suspicious about, are they? I mean really?

Mozfan1 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:33:43

ODFOD.

That is all.

Softkitty2 Wed 12-Oct-16 13:34:02

Also have you seen the video (social experiment) where a child was 'lost' in a shopping centre? Hundreds of people passed and looked at the child and only a handful tried to help the 'lost' child. Why? Because of people like OP..afraid of being accused of the worst.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now