To think dresses are the best things to wear

(159 Posts)
Diamondlizard Fri 04-Apr-14 08:46:05

Because it's a whole outfit
No thinking does this top go with this bottom

No annoying things on the waist

Probably cheaper buying a dress then two items

Lemonraisin Fri 04-Apr-14 08:47:56

YANBU. I am only really appreciating dresses now.

cowbiscuits Fri 04-Apr-14 08:48:00

I never know what shoes to wear with dresses though, so I find it harder.

FriedFishAndBread Fri 04-Apr-14 08:48:19

I love dresses.

you feel so put together buy just putting on a dress, flipflops (summer) and earrings.

Acridbottomgravy Fri 04-Apr-14 08:49:31

YABU. I have a very long body and cruelly short legs, so the waist on dresses is never in the right place. Separates all the way.

QueenAnneofAustria Fri 04-Apr-14 08:50:02

I love a dress personally, but best is a choice isn't it. Not for everyone. I wish I could lose so weight so I can actually wear the dressed I want though.

UnexpectedItemInShaggingArea Fri 04-Apr-14 08:50:16

I know! I was telling people this decades ago when it was impossible to find a decent selection in the shops.

Now we just need some of those dresses to have some goddamn sleeves!

scarletforya Fri 04-Apr-14 08:50:39

Yabu.

I couldn't just wear a dress. I'd need tights and a cardigan and probably a top/vest under it if it's low cut.
My legs are nothing pleasant to behold. Wearing a dress for me is totally impractical. As well as that I don't have a nice figure so there's no point trying to polish a turd!

Delphiniumsblue Fri 04-Apr-14 08:53:57

I can't get the sort of dress I need. If they made them mid calf length with sleeves I would be happy.

EyelinerQueen Fri 04-Apr-14 08:56:23

I agree completely (so long as they're never worn with leggings).

I wear dresses pretty much all the time. The only trousers I wear are my lounging ones at home.

Bardette Fri 04-Apr-14 08:57:52

I don't own a single dress, I don't really understand how they work, which is a challenge as I now have an 8 week old daughter and feel obliged to dress her in something other than jeans and a hoody smile.

SleepOhHowIMissYou Fri 04-Apr-14 08:58:30

Not if your thighs rub together when you walk and tights bring on thrush.

YABU, trouser's all the way!

Polarn Fri 04-Apr-14 08:59:45

I like dresses but gutted I can't wear them atm as breastfeeding so would need to flash everything in order to feed dd.... I don't want to buy a bf dress as they're soo expensive!

Polarn Fri 04-Apr-14 09:00:56

Bardette... You dress your 8week old in jeans! Uncomfy much!

ThePearShapedToad Fri 04-Apr-14 09:01:32

Quite agree. Love dresses, they suit my figure the best, and as I hate jeans (only because I can never find a pair that aren't scratchy and hard and transfer blue dye to my fingers), I pretty much live in dresses

Can always be made winter ready with a pair of thick tights smile

SinglePringle Fri 04-Apr-14 09:01:36

I have about 30 dresses hanging in my wardrobe so clearly I love them. I find them so easy for work - dress, heels, go!

QueenAnneofAustria Fri 04-Apr-14 09:02:29

Polarn I think the wrap type BF dresses are do attractive. It is difficult to find nice non BF wrap dresses.

RandomPants Fri 04-Apr-14 09:03:28

I'm also petite and an odd shape so can't get dresses to fit. I'm a 16 boobs and size 10/12 waist

Plus for breastfeeding they're rubbish.

Bunbaker Fri 04-Apr-14 09:06:39

"Now we just need some of those dresses to have some goddamn sleeves!"

And longer - knee level would be good. I am too old to get away with short dresses without opaque tights these days.
I hate tight clothes and find dresses so comfortable.

meganorks Fri 04-Apr-14 09:07:56

Not if you're breastfeeding

LeapingOverTheWall Fri 04-Apr-14 09:08:14

I can't wear heels, so never know what footwear to wear with dresses.

meganorks Fri 04-Apr-14 09:08:21

Not if its cold.

meganorks Fri 04-Apr-14 09:09:03

Not if you've got fat legs/cankles

Jacksterbear Fri 04-Apr-14 09:11:45

Love dresses.

Hate tights.

confused

I am wearing my favourite dress atm. It's white with a black pattern and stretchy. I bought it from a charity shop. I think it was a fiver. No idea of the brand though as the label has been cut out.

I was thinking of making a copy (I did a level sewing) as it is my favourite dress. Mid calf too, so very flattering on me. Shorter dresses just make me look dumpy (a difficult job as I am 165cm tall)!

Perhaps I should design and make a range of calf length stretchy dresses with sleeves! I like Planet dresses, but they are v expensive (for me - I am a cheapskate)shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now