to ask if Anyfucker has returned,"floun ced", or namechanged?

(142 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

tasteslikechicken Thu 07-Nov-13 16:44:52

Disclaimer, I don't want to hear people's views on her per se, I just want to know if she has returned or not.
It's a nightmare doing a search as hundreds of bloody pages come up!

reelingintheyears Thu 07-Nov-13 16:46:54

Why don't you message her and ask.

tasteslikechicken Thu 07-Nov-13 16:48:16

*FLOUNCED!
I hate bloody MN, every time I post I look like illiterate!

phantomnamechanger Thu 07-Nov-13 16:48:32

I thought I saw her yesterday, but it may have been someone with a similar name in homage to AF (was anycoffeefucker or something, IIRC), or an ancient thread of course.

Does it matter really?

trish5000 Thu 07-Nov-13 16:56:16

If she is here, she must have chpsen to namechange.

Mintyy Thu 07-Nov-13 16:56:34

"Does it matter really?"

Yes, it does!

Why?

Heartbrokenmum73 Thu 07-Nov-13 17:01:20

Well, I'd like to know if she's still around too because she gives solid, sound advice. I miss her. She's not the only one I think highly of. There are others I'd notice the absence of too.

What's the problem with people asking Smiles?

Lavenderhoney Thu 07-Nov-13 17:01:49

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing her posts. Like expecting to see someone you know vaguely at a party and they aren't there, and never pop up again, so you wonder if they are ok.

She frequented the same ish boards as me, and you do get to recognise regular posters.

Mintyy Thu 07-Nov-13 17:21:05

"Why?" - that's a daft question.

It's because I usually find her contributions to Mumsnet interesting and worth reading, unlike 95% of the other guff here on the moment SmilesandSunshine.

Hth.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Nov-13 17:41:12

Hullo - thanks to those who reported this thread to us.

As far as we're concerned, we've unbanned Anyfucker and she's v welcome to post. However we can neither confirm or deny namechanges/flounces when it comes to other posters.

We will zap this thread if it becomes a protracted personal attack, or a bunfight flowers

tasteslikechicken Thu 07-Nov-13 17:48:02

Bloody hell, I hope I've not reignited the whole drama. Like some of the other posters, I miss her tuppence worth on some boards, she gave good advice most of the time, less good some of the time, but contributed most of the time.

I think there has been somewhat of a beatification over recent weeks, with some views revealing more about the poster rather than AF. Nonetheless, I miss her forthright, if sometimes rude, contributions and as someone up thread has said, there are a number of posters who I would miss, Hully, etc.

Might take up the suggestion of PMing her, hadn't thought of that.

tasteslikechicken Thu 07-Nov-13 17:50:56

Sorry, could somebody please clarify why this post should be reported?
I'm not a troll, I'm not goading, attacking nor have any history of being so. I asked a simple question.

WorraLiberty Thu 07-Nov-13 17:51:50

I was a fair enough question to ask, given the hoo-haa.

And as you say, with all the 'fucker' names you've no chance of finding her grin

WorraLiberty Thu 07-Nov-13 17:52:15

I???

It blush

kinkyfuckery Thu 07-Nov-13 17:54:01

I would imagine if she's namechanged it's because she chose to, and may not want to come forward.

If you feel she gives solid advice/help, then that advice will still be solid even if connected to another username. Read the advice, not the username.

Mignonette Thu 07-Nov-13 17:55:56

You took the words out of my mouth Kinky. Doesn't matter who is giving the advice. T'is the words not the name that matters.

JinglingRexManningDay Thu 07-Nov-13 17:56:34

I think she's around under a new name. Leave her be or it will be just more AF bashing.

MrsWolowitz Thu 07-Nov-13 17:57:37

Read the advice, not the username.

Yeah but I see what the OP is getting at.

I have posters that I like to see around and that I'd miss if they weren't around. If they name changed and I didn't know I'd still wonder how they were and would like to know if they were around as I like them IYSWIM.

kinkyfuckery Thu 07-Nov-13 17:58:53

I get the 'friendship' aspect MrsW, I do, but if she wants to be known, she'll make it known!

Mintyy Thu 07-Nov-13 18:01:10

God know why your op was reported. What a load of drama llamas, honestly!

tasteslikechicken Thu 07-Nov-13 18:03:26

Sorry disagree re the point it's not the name. Yes the name is irrelevant, however the person offering a view does so from their own perspective, therefore the view comes from the experiences they have had and has made them who they are.
I feel a bit patronised tbh being advised to ignore the name, and read the words. When I take advise from anyone, I always question what qualifies that person to hold a view.
I think it is evident that there are many posters on here who speak from experience and with conviction, and those who may have a view but not experienced the situation themselves.

piratecat Thu 07-Nov-13 18:08:30

i guess if AF want's to respond to you op she can, would be hard to pm her as there are so many fuckers about.

Mignonette Thu 07-Nov-13 18:11:42

I apologise if I came across as patronising. And i take the point of you missing a MN friend. I do think that good advice is good advice though and it doesn't matter who it comes from.

I offer advice from many perspectives-as a mental health nurse, parent, woman, daughter, sister etc. But there is no way of ascertaining if I am any of those things no matter how good my advice might appear IYKWIM?

Sorry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now