HOORAY! Liz Jones Hates Me!

(187 Posts)
CockyPants Sun 27-Jan-13 11:14:21

Cos I was unreasonable enough to have DD when I was 35.
and I'm a bit middle class too.

The feeling is mutual, you hateful witch.

shallweshop Tue 29-Jan-13 21:02:31

She sounds a bit unhinged!!

wreckedone Tue 29-Jan-13 21:00:11

She doesn't hate me-I had my lad at 28. But I hate her, this is how she describes her own mother:

She was disabled, too, so my only memory of her when I was growing up was one of fatigue and pain. She never once spoke to me about sex, or boys, or bras. I was always afraid she was going to die; now, given her dementia, I’m afraid she won’t.

Arthurfowlersallotment Mon 28-Jan-13 23:15:04

Does anyone else find the names she gives her substitute children animals really annoying? Mini puppy? Fuck off.

Chubfuddler Mon 28-Jan-13 23:01:04

Sentence

Taffeta Mon 28-Jan-13 23:00:58

Oh and I would never time the online food shop to arrive when DH is around. It's one of the few things I like doing.

Chubfuddler Mon 28-Jan-13 23:00:55

I don't think anyone who would give a chicken chemotherapy can claim with any truth to be an animal lover.

There's a defence I didn't expect to write today.

Taffeta Mon 28-Jan-13 22:59:22

Man , that woman has ishoos.

Beamur Mon 28-Jan-13 22:54:28

Is she playing some kind of cliche bingo with that article?

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 28-Jan-13 22:49:35

SolidGoldBrass, you utter fiend! Fancy having priorities other than procreating when you're in your 20s! Selfish!

Well, I didn't have children till I was 39 because I didn't want to. I was having fun. I wasn't bothered about having children and I certainly had no interest (and still don't) in Finding The Right Man. I got PG unexpectedly and decided to go ahead, and it's all worked out fine.
Actually, I don't think there's anything wrong with delaying motherhood because you want to do other things first. Nor do I think it's a bad thing to have DC when you're young and then do all the other things in your 30s when DC are adults and off your hands but you are still young enough to do interesting stuff with your life.

Jux Mon 28-Jan-13 18:49:27

.. But I would be delighted if she were to hate me too! I was 41 when dd was born, and horribly mc, too.

Jux Mon 28-Jan-13 18:48:04

blush wrong thread!

Jux Mon 28-Jan-13 18:27:10

What a pathetic twerp he is. He's angry because you're pg, which you managed to do all by yourself, didn't you? He had nothing to do with it, of course. Twat. Get rid of the fuckwit asap.

omletta Mon 28-Jan-13 18:26:51

Oh dear...I'm MC, I do my Ocado order at work and have it delivered when DH is home (not cause I can't unpack it myself but cause I want him to see what's in it so he will cook it) and I'm in my forties.......fortunately I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of me.

OhLori Mon 28-Jan-13 18:19:27

e.g. I can think of other hate-threads against, India Knight, Rachel Cusk. I wish them well

Why doesn't someone start up a new, original hate thread <I mean to pass the time>

OhLori Mon 28-Jan-13 18:17:01

Liz Jones is alright. No more unusual views that single and married women sharing a coffee. The usual MN hate-tirade esp against female journalists and writers ...

Its one of those moments when that wonderful MC phrase springs to mind

"Oh do fuck off!"

Molehillmountain Mon 28-Jan-13 17:16:21

Would that be by watching the thread all day and commenting three times? I know I should ignore her but I just can't. Hence her success, I guess blush

newrose Mon 28-Jan-13 16:52:26

Now come on, we all know how to deal with this kind of attention seeking! grin

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 28-Jan-13 15:22:19

How would one actually give a chicken chemo?

Would the chicken wear a cold cap in an effort to reduce feather loss.

PetiteRaleuse Mon 28-Jan-13 14:19:41

More than enough to pay for her chicken's chemo hmm

redbobblehat Mon 28-Jan-13 13:56:38

i wonder how much she gets paid to be a professional troll?

i very much doubt she believes what she writes

Latara Mon 28-Jan-13 13:42:23

She will hate me too when (if) i manage to meet a decent bloke, recover from my health problems & ttc.

I'm over 30; not MC though but Liz Jones doesn't like WC people either (from her reactions to everyday working people that she meets!).

Badvoc Mon 28-Jan-13 13:39:09

She makes little mention of her attempts to have ivf and adopt with her ex husband in her 40s doesn't she?
She is very bitter and deluded.
Even her own family don't go near her.
She seems a bit poisonous really.
Sad.

Glittertwins Mon 28-Jan-13 13:28:46

Haha, I couldn't get online yesterday to see if this made it here. First thing MIL said when she saw the column was "she'll hate you then" followed swiftly by saying she was a bonkers and bitter woman.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now