HOORAY! Liz Jones Hates Me!

(187 Posts)
CockyPants Sun 27-Jan-13 11:14:21

Cos I was unreasonable enough to have DD when I was 35.
and I'm a bit middle class too.

The feeling is mutual, you hateful witch.

MrsGeologist Sun 27-Jan-13 11:37:53

Liza Jones hates anyone who isn't an animal.

CaptChaos Sun 27-Jan-13 11:38:30

Is she a joke? Why would any woman run other women down just because they can? I am far from being a rampant feminist, but surely she's not real?

(Apologies for ignorance, I've lived outside of the UK for several years, the DM wasn't high on my list of purchasing priorities)

misscomanche Sun 27-Jan-13 11:38:34

Usually I take Liz Jones with a hefty pinch of salt as she is clearly distorted in her thinking. But this is just offensive. How on earth did anyone clear this for publishing?? And the random piece about her animals, wtf?
I should not be letting this woman wind me up on such a nice sunny Sunday morning, but she has really taken the biscuit this time.

Nishky Sun 27-Jan-13 11:40:16

She is not even consistent - at the start of the piece she says that women use babies to have years off, then later says that go back after a year!

Make your mind up love.

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 27-Jan-13 11:42:42

What a ridiculous, disjointed article.
Not just the older Mums thing, but the way she talks about her own mother, other columnists and a chicken on chemo.
I swear she's getting loonier by the day.grin
Oh, and I'm a proud non middle class mum that had ds at 39. He 17 now and utterly fab, and I'm still healthy.

pixi2 Sun 27-Jan-13 11:42:55

There is something wrong with a person that prefers her pony to any readers. Spiteful *. Had never heard of her before. Will certainly never be reading her work again.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sun 27-Jan-13 11:43:11

I take it from her adoption comment she doesn't have kids? Best kept that way then, lord knows what skewed views of the world she would give a child. Stick to your ponies luv.

RobinSparkles Sun 27-Jan-13 11:44:01

Does that mean that she lurves me? I had both my DC in my twenties. Oh I feel sooo lucky hmm.

I don't even know who she is! Is she the one who got the hideous horse tattoo right on her arm?

WidowWadman Sun 27-Jan-13 11:45:19

Obvious troll is obvious. She's paid to get people to click and get annoyed getting more people to click and get annoyed.

RobinSparkles Sun 27-Jan-13 11:46:23

Pfft, I just googled her and her profile came up with her D.O.B: 1919 aged 94! grin

Jengnr Sun 27-Jan-13 11:46:24

If you have lady parts she hates you. Regardless of what you do with them.

Does anyone know how much the Daily Mail makes every time their web page is clicked on? If you really hate this drivel, stop clicking on it and making them money.

Tailtwister Sun 27-Jan-13 11:49:07

She's such a waste of space, I don't know why people read her stuff tbh. She's so boring and predictable, unable to deviate from her formula of hateful drivel.

RobinSparkles Sun 27-Jan-13 11:49:09

So, she'll still hate me then? Gutted! sad

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sun 27-Jan-13 11:49:39

Robin. I got that too but then found her real page!

CockyPants Sun 27-Jan-13 11:51:24

Listening to Aung Su Kyii on Desert Island Discs. This woman has more grace and intelligence in her little toe than the brain free zone of LJ will ever have.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 27-Jan-13 11:51:25

She's right in her own words she is bitter.
Jealous cow, think I'd be more worried if she had something positive to say

Notmadeofrib Sun 27-Jan-13 11:53:42

Ignore.... that would be the best way to deal with such attention seeking

MacaroniSaysShetlandPony Sun 27-Jan-13 11:55:39

Looks fairly desperate article to me - and made me laugh lots. You know she's laughing at all the outraged over-30s handwringing, don't you? We value free speech in the UK - even from Liz Jones...

openerofjars Sun 27-Jan-13 11:59:17

Gawd, she's clearly not well, is she, poor woman.

And poor chicken. I hope it pulls through.

Do you think she actually writes/types this stuff or just -- screams-- dictates it to an assistant who then submits it verbatim?

Bottleoffish Sun 27-Jan-13 12:02:12

She is dreadful. Are her journalistic talents so poor that this is the best subject for an article she can come up with?! Why would anyone care about her opinion anyway?

Plus, isn't she the sperm stealer and why is it ok for her to be a first time Mum at 40,(which she would have been if she were accepted for adoption, but not anyone else?!

She looks much older than she is, she hasn't aged well at all, must be all that bitterness she speaks of...

prozacbear Sun 27-Jan-13 12:03:37

opernerofjars: Screams it to an assistant. While drinking warm pinot from the bottle at 3pm in the afternoon, and googling chicken chemotherapy.

She must love me: I had my child at 22 and am an ethnic minority (I imagine that gets extra Liz Jones Points, right??). Unfortunately, the feeling is far, far less than mutual.

What a twunt.

Catchingmockingbirds Sun 27-Jan-13 12:10:23

Nearly half of all babies are now born to women over the age of 30.

So more than half of all babies are born to women under 30? What's the big deal, I don't understand why that's newsworthy.

catkitson Sun 27-Jan-13 12:11:09

Gosh she is pitiful isn't she! There is no point taking any of that bitter outpouring to heart. She really sounds very lonely and not at all at peace with her choices in life. Why not invite her for a mumsnet webchat? If anyone could sort her out, it would be you lot!

TandB Sun 27-Jan-13 12:11:38

I find her bizarre. Her articles seem to be increasingly random and rambling. Why the sudden digression into animal welfare at the end of the article?

She has nothing interesting to say and lacks the skill to say it anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now