Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU to be absolutely mortified that I am still a virgin?

(179 Posts)
WantsToBeFree Sun 20-Jan-13 19:21:31

I will soon be 24 and I am still a virgin. There, I've said it blush

Do I want to have sex? YES. Do I want to be in a serious relationship? YES.

Unfortunately, life has been very complicated for me so far, and you could say I haven't had the time or opportunity. I have been in a relationship and there was a physical side to it, but we never went all the way.I am not a prude, but I don't think that I can have sex with anyone I don't genuinely like and trust.

I am feeling very hopeless and quite embarrassed about my situation. Anyone else been in a similar situation? Am I a complete freak?

ethelb Wed 23-Jan-13 22:52:48

MY DP said that he was a virgin at 22 and had only had one 1 night stand at 24. He told me to write "I was pretty much a virgin at 24 so it doesn't matter'.

(BTW he is a 9.4 on hot or not and is adored by everyone who meets him, I had to fight off a few to get to him tbh!)

One relationship with someone who was celibate later he met me. A woman who had spent the past five years enjoying sex with whoever was willing and attractive enough for me.

And when we met our previous experience just didin't matter. We just had very very different sexual morals. But that just didn't matter as us having sex was different to all of that.

People are veyr against committing, marrying, having children before you personally are ready and in a good position to do so, so why should having sex be any different. To deny this is desparate hypocrisy to people who claim to be liberal about sex and relationships.

However, I owuld question why you were in a relationship with someone you didn't like and trust?

ethelb Wed 23-Jan-13 22:53:13

plus, not wanting PIV sex is a completely ligitimate option.

BegoniaBampot Wed 23-Jan-13 22:53:49

No Boomewang, I'd say many folk who are still virgins into their twenties and thirties can feel quite desperate and abnormal and inadequate.

WantsToBeFree Wed 23-Jan-13 23:55:42

"You're still young though! I was 23 before I met my first bf, just busy uni life/travelling/lack of tolerance for bawbags/a kick ass vibrator meant I never wanted to fuck anyone until I met someone I liked and trusted. He was a friend that I had had a crush on and we just started spending more time together and then we had sex and it was really great. Ended up marrying and procreating with him. And the intercourse remains filthy and satisfying."

grin Made my day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now