so its only....

(1001 Posts)
RabidCarrot Wed 26-Dec-12 10:10:42

364 days till Christmas grin

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 26-Sep-13 12:52:28

fuzzpig The range is like a mix of B&M/Home Bargains/Hobbycraft/B&Q. I dont think there is much they dont sell and its cheap and sooo good, the craft section is better than Hobbycraft and most of the top floor in ours is taken up at the moment with Christmas stuff. They have a cafe, garden & pet centre lots of homeware. I bloody love the range! This week I got lots of craft christmas bits and dog chews and a box of broken biscuits!

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 26-Sep-13 12:55:37

October, November and December are my favourite months. Memories of a nice summer ahem but with halloween and Christmas time to come. I think people who dont "get" christmas think of it as being just a couple of days where as those who love it know its the whole build up and atmosphere. And for me it will always be when I had my beloved LO.

Was it the Lakeland Spoon mould Buzz

I bought it last year (unleashing my inner Heston for the DC desserts)
They do work brilliantly.
More chunky than chocolate spoons I've bought in Homesense but a doddle.

( I know it's considered not done to put chocolate in the fridge but I put them in for 30 minutes with a clingfilm cover to keep the moisture off it).

88 days :-)

In Tesco they have a small area called Advanced Nutrition .
Their "Finest" Mini Mince Pies were in there.

So they're a health food grin

We're missing a day here.
If Thursday was 90
Fri would be 89
so today is 88

<<trying to confuse me and it doesn't take much>>

buzzgirly Sat 28-Sep-13 06:23:58

Just as well as you're here to keep us right 70s!

I try buzz I try.

But it's like herding cats some days grin

I bought some silicone Fairy Cottage moulds today @ Lakeland.
I'll buy some good chocolate and give them a trial run at Hallowe'en (I reckon a Creepy Cottage)

LentilAsAnything Sun 29-Sep-13 00:13:44

Never heard of The Range, just searched and it looks like one is coming to my area, no idea when though.

I am organised for gifts in that we pretty much know what we are getting DS, but haven't ordered anything yet as we are hopefully moving house and we have enough stuff here in a small space without adding to it. Fingers crossed we will move in time. That would be a great Xmas present.

fuzzpig Sun 29-Sep-13 08:14:49

My shopping trip was less successful than I hoped, as the toy shop doesn't get that type of Lego set and can't order in. I did get other bits though.

We are going to need a new thread soon!

I have my lovely new iPod now having been saving up for months and months. Sorry if we've been over this already but does anyone use one of the Xmas shopping apps to keep track?

fuzzpig Sun 29-Sep-13 08:17:11

Hmm nearest Range store is in a seaside town but may swing by there if we ever visit!

buzzgirly Sun 29-Sep-13 18:59:05

The Range is another shop I have never heard of - the woes of living in Northern Scotland. We did get a Dunhelm Mill last year, the excitement was overwhelming!!!!

50shadesofknackered Mon 30-Sep-13 07:54:50

buzzgirly Tue 01-Oct-13 07:53:32

It's October!! Only 2 more months till we are opening advent calendars.

It's dd's birthday on 27th so need to start sorting out a party for her. She has started primary 1 so think I will invite the whole class as she can't remember anyone's name!! Am I mad?

I am going to "do" Halloween this year, the last few years dd has been ill and not interested. So busy looking for inspiration on Pinterest.

Dh went to town whilst I was at work yesterday and came back with a few christmas present for dcs. I think christmas fever has finally caught him winkwink

fuzzpig Wed 02-Oct-13 07:36:45

I'm hoping to do Halloween a bit more this year too. In particular my wish is to make some spooky treats and take them to a few neighbours instead of trick or treating.

I'm grin about Hallowe'en but we're not doing a party this year.
Might take the DC out the day before, I'm working that day, but I candish out Trick or Treats in the evening .

I saw a skull candleabra in Homesense today
Mega envy but I don't know where I could put it safely (and I do have flameless candles for my Hallowe'en things but this needed tall candles)

fuzzpig Thu 03-Oct-13 06:33:36

[83]

fuzzpig Thu 03-Oct-13 06:34:25

Fail (too early for me blush)

Sorry [70isalimit] my apologies, I got a day ahead of myself!

I'll leave the counting to others :-)

Doh 70isalimit

fuzzpig Thu 03-Oct-13 11:01:02

Ha, we are all making the brackets mistake now grin

I went into HomeSense on Wednesday and turned the little number blocks on their "Countdown to Santa" calenders to 84 then ran away chortling.

Actually 'ran' is pushing it, I'm too decripit for that blush

Jdub Fri 04-Oct-13 11:45:12

Ha! They should employ someone at HomeSense specifically charged with that task!! If I'd have walked past and seen that, it would have made me chuckle too!

nickdrakeslovechild Fri 04-Oct-13 13:56:14

That's funny 70 grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.