Mumsnet Christmas Appeal: the thank you thread

(1000 Posts)
SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Nov-12 13:15:00

So the spreadsheets have been completed, the matches have gone out, all is done. [gin]

We're all waiting with bated breath. If you're a recipient and you'd like to pop back on here when your gift arrives to thank your donor then do remember to look out for your MN code which will have been included in the address on the packaging and include it in your post. The person who sent the gift will then be able to know it's you.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Ho Ho Ho!

Solo Thu 29-Nov-12 13:19:00

Melty so did I. Was going to be a struggle to do one, so two will be a bit harder...<tightens belt> smile

MOSagain Thu 29-Nov-12 13:39:19

solo do you want to pass one of yours on to me? I offered to buy for 4 children (as I have 4 and always like to buy for 4 other children, one from each of mine if that makes sense) but my match which I've received is only for 2 children. More than happy as I was expecting to buy more. FB or PM me x

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 29-Nov-12 13:50:52

I love Christmas. wine smile

Now I know what I'm getting, part of it needs to arrive here, then I can get me to the post office, I fear I'm not as organised as some!

Aww fan, hug for you my lovely X

fan sorry you have been having a bleak time, hope it all turns around.

x

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 29-Nov-12 14:16:45

What if you have been daft and forgotten what you offered to donate? Where might such a foolish person be reminded?

blush

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 14:21:01

Alibabaandthe40nappies

What if you have been daft and forgotten what you offered to donate? Where might such a foolish person be reminded?

blush

Hi Ali, we'll PM you.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 29-Nov-12 14:23:24

Sandy thank you grin

BrainSurgeon Thu 29-Nov-12 14:28:07

Oh sugar I didn't realise we were supposed to do it asap... was thinking to send my pack some time in December 2 days before Xmas <runs off to sort something out quickly>

Galena Thu 29-Nov-12 14:36:12

Ali - I was sort of in the same situation, but DH and I think we remembered smile

RuckAndRoll Thu 29-Nov-12 14:44:22

Just ordered mine online - got it gift wrapped and delivered straight there - although I've just realised, I hope they don't put a reciept in with my details on!

Galena Thu 29-Nov-12 14:46:19

I was worried about that Ruck, so got it delivered here, and will post it on.

catgirl1976 Thu 29-Nov-12 14:46:33

I have signed up to give a gift but I haven't had a match

What should I do?

Galena Thu 29-Nov-12 14:48:33

Catgirl - check your emails... You're looking at one from 'Santa Claus' - May be in Spam...

Brain Surgeon, I dont get paid for 2 weeks so mine will be going out special delivery then, as long as it gets there before xmas I dont see a problem really.

catgirl1976 Thu 29-Nov-12 14:51:07

Ah...I never check my spam - just delete

Have e-mailed MN so hopefully they can re-send

RuckAndRoll Thu 29-Nov-12 14:51:33

Galena too late to change now. It says they don't include a receipt so hopefully won't be all my details, if it is, hopefully the MNetter can ignore it just enjoy the gifts :-)

JugsMcGee Thu 29-Nov-12 15:03:11

Um, I forgot what I offered too. Please could MN PM me?

SallyBear Thu 29-Nov-12 16:04:05

I have just had a lovely letter addressed to Miss MumsNetter. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the ELC voucher. I am beyond overwhelmed at this, and I will spend it wisely on my lovely dc. Thank you. Such a lovely surprise gringrin

Scrazy Thu 29-Nov-12 16:05:48

Is it too late to nominate?

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 16:06:17

Hi Everyone,

JugsMcGee

Um, I forgot what I offered too. Please could MN PM me?

Just PMed you!

SallyBear Thu 29-Nov-12 16:07:27

Sorry I should have added the special number MN165. Can you tell that I was so excited that I didn't read the start of the thread? blush thank you again. X

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 16:09:36

Scrazy

Is it too late to nominate?

Hi Scrazy,

Thank you so much for the thought.

All the matches have gone out for this year, but next year would be lovely!

SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 16:12:49

BrainSurgeon

Oh sugar I didn't realise we were supposed to do it asap... was thinking to send my pack some time in December 2 days before Xmas <runs off to sort something out quickly>

Hi BrainSurgeon,
No need for a quick dash, after all it is still November.... This should be a joy and stress free, so take your time! And thank you Everyone!

RecipientMN073 Thu 29-Nov-12 16:22:52

Recipient MN073 here... Thank you so much, secret Santa! I was absolutely amazed to be nominated, and would like to thank both my nominator and my sender. I haven't decided what to get with it, but I think it will be something for me to enjoy. smile (Obviously I've namechanged so my nominator won't know that I'm thanking them, but I am!) grin

stickyj Thu 29-Nov-12 16:24:21

I have started collecting "items" for a box of stuff I need to send. Sorry, but if I say what is in it, I might out myself. Years and years ago, my lovely DH delivered a present, are we still allowed to do that? I thought I might send a little letter asking the mumsnetter when they might be in and combine it with a weekend trip to near them. Any ideas/suggestions?x

This thread is not accepting new messages.