Mumsnet Christmas Appeal: the thank you thread

(1000 Posts)
SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Nov-12 13:15:00

So the spreadsheets have been completed, the matches have gone out, all is done. [gin]

We're all waiting with bated breath. If you're a recipient and you'd like to pop back on here when your gift arrives to thank your donor then do remember to look out for your MN code which will have been included in the address on the packaging and include it in your post. The person who sent the gift will then be able to know it's you.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Ho Ho Ho!

NicholasTeakozy Wed 28-Nov-12 20:17:37

Don't worry Tantrums, despite Google search I can't find the specific thing I want to get for an MNers DS. I shall have a think about getting a related thing instead and hope I get it right. According to my own DCs I do in the main...

it will be two weeks till I get paid and can buy stuff so don't worry Tantrum

MrsWembley Wed 28-Nov-12 20:39:12

Omg, are people really that organised!shock

I have just picked up the email and am in the process of discussing the gift with DP. There's a present for a small boy involved and he has insight...

crazynanna Wed 28-Nov-12 20:43:43

Done and posted! wink

<swot>

SantasHugandRollintheSnow Wed 28-Nov-12 20:46:40

I am on mat leave and it was pretty clear from the email what was wanted (but not in a grabby way at all, in a really grateful and humble way) which meant I could do it quite quickly.

ThatDudeSanta Wed 28-Nov-12 21:00:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MN080
Can I say a huge thank you for my Amazon vouchers. It was such a lovely surprise and so thoughtful not only for whoever nominated me but the lovely person who sent me the gift. I haven't decided what to spend the vouchers on yet but I will have great fun looking.

Thank you again and I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas.

ArtexMonkeyDude Wed 28-Nov-12 21:19:21

Me too Dude grin

Ho ho ho

BIWI Wed 28-Nov-12 21:22:38

Blimey - some of you are quick off the mark!

littlemoon14 Wed 28-Nov-12 22:00:10

I bought my items online and got them delivered straight to the lovely persons house. I was going to send another parcel with little bits colouring books etc and some wrapping paper. Is this all right

DudeInaTutu Wed 28-Nov-12 22:37:20

i would really like someone to explain how you go about giving to the appeal because despite being on here lots, the whole giving to the appeal thing passed me by and i dont want that to happen next year. anyone? pm would be fine! ta muchly!

KenDoddsDadsDog Chile Wed 28-Nov-12 23:01:15

I have my match, just deciding what to buy smile

SantasHugandRollintheSnow Wed 28-Nov-12 23:54:45

I don't think I did it right, I gift wrapped the stuff I sent, was I not supposed to? I put in a Christmas card too blush

RibenaFiend Thu 29-Nov-12 07:34:59

It's my first Christmas as a mumsnetter too!

I've got my email from Santa grin and I'm now really excited to go shopping.

RibenaFiend Thu 29-Nov-12 07:37:48

SantasHugandRollintheSnow That's really lovely. I naively put that I was totally flexible as to who it could be for and now I have no direction other than "To the shops!!" <plays a fanfare on a small plastic kazoo>

SantasHugandRollintheSnow Thu 29-Nov-12 08:25:45

ribena I treated it like any of the other presents I have bought as I thought that was the point I clearly missed it haha. Good luck in the shops smile

Trazzletoes Bosnia-Herzegovina Thu 29-Nov-12 09:06:16

SantasHug I don't think you've done anything wrong! I think some people wrap and some don't...

BabylonPI Thu 29-Nov-12 10:02:18

Ooh I will wrap mine all sparkly like grin

I like sparkly gringrin

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 29-Nov-12 10:36:09

Posted yesterday, made me feel festive for the first time this year smile

Fillybuster Thu 29-Nov-12 10:39:23

There's no right and wrongs in this game smile I tend to wrap anything that's intended for the MNer of the house, but not stuff that's for the dcs, so they can decide how/when to allocate it, as not everyone is going to be delighted when their 2 yo dc opens a box of chocolates at 5am on xmas morning grin

madhairday Thu 29-Nov-12 11:17:59

Some of you are being ultra organised and quick here!

Mine may take a while yet...hopefully the December post will be working well grin

love this!

MrsDeVere Thu 29-Nov-12 11:29:34

Marking my place so this keeps popping up in my active convos and kicks me up the arse

RabbitsMakeGOLDBaubles Thu 29-Nov-12 11:54:24

I'm feeling quite nervous. You lot are really lovely btw. When I am in the position to I am paying forward, flowers

RecipientX and Gracie my eyes are already filling up.

In the blardy office of all places.

<<must stop reading posts at computer over sandwich>>

I'll be sorting mine out next week.

MN064

Ok Ive been crying for the past 10 minutes, its tears of well can I say christmas love?

Thank you to my nominator and my wonderful secret santa, I have been having a very rough morning everything seams so bleak but when I opened my envelope and read the little note it has made me feel so loved. THANK YOU

This thread is not accepting new messages.