Mumsnet Christmas Appeal: the thank you thread

(1000 Posts)
SandyMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Nov-12 13:15:00

So the spreadsheets have been completed, the matches have gone out, all is done. [gin]

We're all waiting with bated breath. If you're a recipient and you'd like to pop back on here when your gift arrives to thank your donor then do remember to look out for your MN code which will have been included in the address on the packaging and include it in your post. The person who sent the gift will then be able to know it's you.

If anyone has any questions about anything to do with the Mumsnet Christmas Appeal then do please email Santa.Claus@mumsnet.com.

Ho Ho Ho!

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 28-Nov-12 14:09:05

How exciting.

<< prepares tissues>>

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 28-Nov-12 14:11:16

Worth saying that if you wish to stay anonymous you can change your name to recipient1943 or whatever when posting.

Blimey I thought someone had already bought, sent and someone recieved, was panicking then!!

SantasHugandRollintheSnow Wed 28-Nov-12 14:42:20

I've already bought and posted <looks smug>. I've also done all my other Christmas shopping other than food, I am a total swot

CelticPromise Wed 28-Nov-12 15:35:58

I signed up to donate but I haven't had a match. Are there any more to go out?

ratbagcatbag Wed 28-Nov-12 15:45:03

I'm still in the deciding what to get camp at the moment smile

Melty Wed 28-Nov-12 16:37:16

Weirdly, I got 2 matches. I must have refreshed when I shouldnt or something..

Himalaya Wed 28-Nov-12 16:39:33

Do the matches come by PM, or email? I haven't had mine yet?

SantasHugandRollintheSnow Wed 28-Nov-12 16:50:25

Had mine by email from Santa wink

NicholasTeakozy Wed 28-Nov-12 17:16:36

Got my match yesterday, bought a thing today, tracking down a specific thing tomorrow, adding a few bits and bobs and will post at the weekend. I really hope I get it right.

Celtic, I had mine by email from Santa Claus. I nearly didn't read it, as I thought it was spam.

gonerogue Wed 28-Nov-12 17:50:52

Have mine bought too, really excited to see whether the recipient loves it.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Wed 28-Nov-12 17:51:09

Just found my match in my emails, I had been looking for it in PMs!

CelticPromise Wed 28-Nov-12 18:14:21

Got one now, thank you Sandy!

MOSagain Wed 28-Nov-12 18:16:40

Got my match yesterday but can't go shopping until next week now sad
<mos settles in front of tv with a huge pile of christmas catalogues and wine>

Fillybuster Wed 28-Nov-12 18:34:53

Started shopping today....it will take a few days to pull the packages together....I luff this bit of MN, every year.

<<opens extra-large box of kleenex and settles down next to NSF>>

Roseformeplease Wed 28-Nov-12 19:02:46

Explain this please. I am happy to buy and send something. Am I too late?

BabylonPI Wed 28-Nov-12 19:04:11

I got my match today and will be posting early next week.
This is my first Christmas as a Mumsnetter and it's lovely! grin

KnottyLocks Wed 28-Nov-12 19:17:03

Rose, the deadline has gone but might be worth you PMing SandyMumsnet to see if there is any way you can still donate smile

RecipientX Wed 28-Nov-12 19:26:13

I've been nominated and I am truly grateful for the thought, let alone any actual stuff-type-stuff. Lovely givers, thank you all, because when things are a bit of a struggle it's a comfort to know that I'm not totally alone and that someone I don't know is wishing me and my DCs well.

You are a (collective) star.

Ok whoever I got. I'm sorry. I will post it next week, I absolutely promise.

I've bought it (today) there's no way on earth I will get to post office before Monday. Please can everyone not be super organized and have sent theirs already and make me look like an unorganized uncaring mess who can't get to the post office before it shuts.
Thanks.

KnottyLocks Wed 28-Nov-12 19:46:33

Tantrums, I'll be at least a week or two behind you smile [selfless ]

Thank you.

I'll be posting in two weeks, am [shocked] at those of you posting immediately! I had to go to Amazon to buy some bits to post and ill need to pop to the shops on Saturday morning to get some bits from Montezuma's and other places too grin Hopefully it'll have come together by the end of next week hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.