If you were raped would you report it?

(389 Posts)
darleneconnor Mon 08-Nov-10 20:07:30

A topical question.

I didn't in the past because I was in denial.

For the sake of my privacy I still wouldn't now. It'd make me feel so guilty leaving someone to go free and maybe do it again but psychologically I coudln't cope with a court case and all that goes with it.
sad sad sad

PamBeesly Wed 26-Oct-11 16:30:10

I don't hate men richdude I love many of them and have respect for those who I encounter who have respect for me. You come across as if you have a certain experience or experiences you are bitter about. I think if you read through this thread you will see your comments are hurtful, there are a lot of women here who have been raped and have failed to get a conviction, and there are some who wouldn't even consider the prospect of reporting it because they know what the conviction rate is and what an ordeal women who have been raped have to go through in a court situation, her sexuality is on trial, not the vicious vile rapists attack. I think while you are entitled to hold your own views on it, you should notpost them here, I hope the women who have been affected by the horrific crime that is rape can overlook this.

YaMaYaMa Wed 26-Oct-11 16:35:51

Could you not post in this thread please, richdude/whatever other names you're using. This thread isnt really about whether or not some people lie about having been raped. A lot of women have posted their incredibly distressing experiences and your posts are completely inappropriate. If you want to discuss your hatred of women terrible opinions, just start another thread that can focus on that.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 26-Oct-11 16:39:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Wed 26-Oct-11 17:28:50

What's with the troll infestation of late? confused

Is it half term?

MonstrouslyNarkyPuffin Wed 26-Oct-11 17:30:55

It might have something to do with this.

MonstrouslyNarkyPuffin Wed 26-Oct-11 17:33:34

Someone linked to it here. The thread's since been stopped but I suspect that's where the visitors came from.

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Wed 26-Oct-11 17:33:46

Oh dear...

MonstrouslyNarkyPuffin Wed 26-Oct-11 17:34:54

Guess which two regulars on MN were saying 'they have a point' on the AIBU thread?

aliceliddell Wed 26-Oct-11 17:35:56

grin @ shroudofhamsters you caah! literally pmsl

aliceliddell Wed 26-Oct-11 18:00:36

Your name is a source of great amusement, which is unfortunate given the topic of the thread (obv my reaction is unfortunate, not your name)

Fifis25StottieCakes Wed 26-Oct-11 18:16:05

A 'false' allegation is not always a false allegation though. How many woman probably get half way through then pull out of it and just try to forget about it or deal with it in their own way.

aliceliddell Wed 26-Oct-11 18:30:38

YY Fifi, also the police don't collect evidence properly so the case can't proceed even if the women could stand to do it

Darleneconnor Mon 12-Mar-12 14:22:43

I'm bumping this thread in the spirit of the current campaign.

Nilgiri Mon 12-Mar-12 14:24:40

Thanks, Darlene, I was just thinking of this thread and wondering if it could be found again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now