30 Day Shred - DVD just arrived ... anyone else about to start?!

(344 Posts)
Lovethesea Sat 22-Jun-13 10:58:29

So, after all I've read, the DVD and the weights have arrived....

Later today I plan to begin.

In 30 days I will be toned, have lost this extra stone, feel awake instead of in need of a nap all the time ... etc etc etc.

Right now just getting through the first one would be a victory! Anyone else desperate and mad enough to be starting this....

cantthinkofanythingwitty Sat 29-Jun-13 14:51:56

sorry about extra full stops and bad spellings. combination of bad joints and crap fone grin

Tinwe Sat 29-Jun-13 14:54:15

Hello all! I'm on day 4 and just found this thread smile so pleased to have comrades in arms!

GoodtoBetter Sat 29-Jun-13 14:59:04

Can't I am not massively overweight (maybe a stone) but I am really really unfit. I never do any exercise, have no muscle tone and awful batwing arms. I found the dvd really hard and tbh thete were bits I couldn't do basically but I kept going for the whole 25 mins and lived. smile I used the youtube version of 30D shred level one as I didn't want to buy it and discover I hated it.

NachoAddict Sat 29-Jun-13 20:17:45

Day two shredded. Go me!

goodtobetter snap, I am wimpering going up an down the stairs!

can't I am very unfit, slim but never ever exercise so no stamina or strength.

kirk I am using the kids packed Lynch bottles filled with water, keeps dripping on my face Haha.

Come on everyone, we will look like Gillian in no time.....

cantthinkofanythingwitty Sat 29-Jun-13 20:20:59

thanks for replies, can i join you from monday? is this to be done everyday? no idea

rusmum Sat 29-Jun-13 21:01:27

Did it April may , didn't lose much ( 3 lb) but felt better, will start again tomorrow after holiday gain

GoodtoBetter Sat 29-Jun-13 21:18:10

Just done day2 and it felt the tiniest tiniest bit easier. Still fucking hard though and I've been soooo stiff and sore today (mostly my upper legs). Rather embarrassingly I will need a tena lady next time as I am definitely having little leakages on the star jumps blush. I'm going to have to do some serious pelvic floors. damn you two DCs and your big heads

Tinwe Sun 30-Jun-13 14:39:47

I'm on day 5 now and planning to keep doing this daily for the 30 days. 10 days for each level. I feel that I will be ready to progress except for the push ups which is worrying me a bit as having looked forward lots of the other exercises seem based on push-up-arms! Anyone else have this issue?

Today was really hard whereas yesterday was relatively easy. No idea why!

GoodtoBetter Sun 30-Jun-13 14:56:08

10 days for each level??? <faints> My plan was to do level 1 for 30 days? Have i totally misunderstood?

NachoAddict Sun 30-Jun-13 15:50:10

Oh no I am really bad at the push ups I am crying into my carpet! I haven't looked forward so didn't know what was coming.

GoodtoBetter Sun 30-Jun-13 16:10:35

the front of my thighs are fucking killing me today, is that normal?

Tinwe Sun 30-Jun-13 16:13:36

Good to - that shows you're sinking deeply into your squats, all good stuff grin

Tinwe Sun 30-Jun-13 16:14:34

Nacho - I know what you mean! They're not so much push ups as hold up and do stuff with your legs

Tinwe Sun 30-Jun-13 16:16:31

Good to - I think you work to whichever level you feel happy with, I just thought I'd do it the way I described to keep it fresh. If I can't do level 2 I'm sure I'll quickly drop back to one!

NachoAddict Sun 30-Jun-13 19:26:22

Hold my own weight an do other stuff... Please nooooooo.......

Just done day three, 10% finished whoopie!

Goodto, it shows your doing it properly and its working, no pain no gain.

GoodtoBetter Sun 30-Jun-13 21:26:33

Just done day 3. Hoping to see some results by the end of this week, even something tiny like finding the quad muscles taking less of a beating.

CreepyCrawly Mon 01-Jul-13 12:13:41

Just done day 7 and it definitely gets easier. I can't do press ups, not even the modified version so I do them against the wall. I also can't do proper star jobs because my bra isn't very supportive so I just do the legs bit.

I haven't measured or weighed myself but I'm already starting to see some changes. My belly (had a c-section almost 6 months ago) isn't as droopy and seems to have 'lifted' as well as gotten flatter. My back fat is almost gone, and my arms and legs have muscle.

My legs were agony after the first couple of tries so I'm pretty sure it's normal. They're fine now though, so I'm trying to go deeper into the squats.

I'm using water bottles as weights, and also doing 150 sit ups each morning. I'm surprising myself every day

We can do it!

BullieMama Mon 01-Jul-13 13:11:27

Oh dear Lord, I've just done day 1 level 1 and I am in shock my arms are shaking as I type, however now that I've admitted to starting the shred on the internet I will stick to it! I'm scared about the aching that will come tomorrow!

NachoAddict Mon 01-Jul-13 20:54:30

Day four down! Legs still.so sore sad

So jealous of creepy and her flattening tum. 150 sit ups the thought of it scares me!

Tinwe Mon 01-Jul-13 21:36:58

Day 6 done... Got a cold now but determined to persevere! confused

decaffwithcream Mon 01-Jul-13 21:46:39

I did it barefoot at first, on impact- absorbing mats, and definately regretted it. it wrecked my knees. Got trainers. It is quite high impact to be doing barefoot. Very effective though once I got the proper footwear!

decaffwithcream Mon 01-Jul-13 21:47:26

You'll be v surprised at how quickly it becomes easier Bullie.

Tinwe Mon 01-Jul-13 22:00:55

I worried about that too Bullie but it wasn't too bad. Just remember to take the stretches bit v seriously smile

Tinwe Mon 01-Jul-13 22:02:36

That's v quick for results Creepy. Lucky you! I can't see any difference on me yet hmm

Tinwe Mon 01-Jul-13 22:03:33

How was day 4 Goodto and Nacho?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now