does anyone in Scotland give a shit about the royal wedding?

(192 Posts)
ssd Fri 08-Apr-11 19:18:11

I don't am sick of it already

BelleDameSansMerci Fri 08-Apr-11 19:19:30

No idea but don't assume everyone in England gives a shit either... I certainly don't and neither does anyone I know.

ssd Fri 08-Apr-11 19:26:14

fair enough

TrinityIsABunnyMunchingRhino Fri 08-Apr-11 19:28:56

I dont give a shit

I dont know them

JollySergeantJackrum Fri 08-Apr-11 19:30:40

Nope.

Apparently in the whole of Aberdeen there are no street parties organised. Bit cold in Aberdeen in April for street parties anyway I suppose.

nethunsreject Fri 08-Apr-11 19:31:24

I am glad of an extra day off.

But really couldn't care less about it, no.

Choufleur Fri 08-Apr-11 19:31:59

there aren't many street parties organised in lots of place.

I care - means I get a day off to do something fun with DS. I'm in England though.

Granny23 Fri 08-Apr-11 19:33:18

No

helpmaboab Fri 08-Apr-11 19:33:50

Not all Scottish Councils have given a day off... so I'm at work at the kids are at school

haudyerwheesht Fri 08-Apr-11 19:36:25

I don't especially care to be honest. Not in a horrible way just in a meh way.

Not interested, and I don't even get the day off.

expatinscotland Fri 08-Apr-11 20:22:08

Not all councils have a bank holiday for it.

Can't say I really give a toss about it, personally, but I'm sure some do.

Caz10 Fri 08-Apr-11 20:24:42

I'm just happy about the day off!

And mildly curious about the dress, but if I don't see a pic (unlikely) I won't go looking for it iyswim.

Can't see that being Scottish has anything to do with it though!

My friend otoh has bought a new dress and is having people round!!

Aelfwyn Thu 28-Apr-11 11:17:42

Yes! smile

justhalfwaythere Thu 28-Apr-11 11:38:23

nope

Ormirian Thu 28-Apr-11 11:41:24

I'm in England and I don't give a shit. Neither do most people I know. MIL will be glued to the TV going 'Ooh' at the dress hmm. However I am very grateful to Will and Kate for an extra day off work ..... <compromises republican principles>

Not sure what we will be doing but it won't involve watching a couple of strangers get hitched.

NormanTebbit Thu 28-Apr-11 11:44:14

No one in Scotland gives a shit. Except Waitrose which has lots of useless Royal Wedding tat sitting on the shelves.

stirlingstar Thu 28-Apr-11 11:45:35

we've got a day off, which is nice - but many businesses and schools/nurseries round here are carrying on as normal

I thought i was completely non-interested but this morning managed to read about and subsequently discuss bride's request for TREES in the church (flowers not enough...) - so maybe we are a tiny bit interested. Maybe.

dustwhatdust Thu 28-Apr-11 14:16:33

what an UNPLEASANT lot you are !

hoarsewhisperer Thu 28-Apr-11 14:28:41

Why are so many people so sour and down on this event? I seem to constantly read in comments in the online sections of the newspapers about how "i dont care about some rich over priviledged types"...i think its a very very sad attitude not to care about another human being because they have maybe been more fortunate than we have. There is always someone in the world better off, and indeed worse off as well....i dont think hating one lot and pitying the other breeds any improvement in the world to be honest.

I am not a huge royalist, but here is 2 people about to get married. I wish them well and i am happy for him that he has found someone who loves him after the loss of his mother at such a young age. WHether i will watch the tv or not, the wedding will bring alot of tourism to the UK, not just tomorrow but for some time to come. Good luck to them both and personally i will be looking to see what her dress is like - just as i would watch any couple getting married in the village church as they come out - maybe i am just deeply nosey!

Ormirian Thu 28-Apr-11 14:31:31

Oh I wish them well, at least I don't wish them ill. I just don't choose to spend my day watching their wedding. Why is that sour?

Gooseberrybushes Thu 28-Apr-11 14:32:39

miserable buggers

what a rude thing to say

or are you saying look at me I'm different!

Fimbo Thu 28-Apr-11 14:34:48

St Andrews has a street party. Pil may be attending. I think if I was there I would hang a wee fling around St A's.

Gooseberrybushes Thu 28-Apr-11 14:35:53

"no one in Scotland gives a shit"

cannot wait for the SNP to get their way

hoarsewhisperer Thu 28-Apr-11 14:38:59

Why would i be saying i am different Goseberrybushes?

Ormirian - i'm not saying you are sour by not wanting to watch...I was asking a rhetorical question about many comments i read in the press by people who really are sour, and often quite unkind about 2 people they dont even know.

live and let live i say. I just dont get people anymore.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now