I think this might be FABCat's last thread

(767 Posts)
JustFabulous Fri 03-Aug-12 13:11:48

This morning she was coughing and has also had a sloppy bowel accident outside. She wasn't interested in breakfast even though I didn't come down until after 9 and she wasn't about when DH left at 7. He normally feeds her before he goes. I had to put the plate under her nose to get her to come and ear.

Her back legs are a bit wobbly and I will take her for a jab on Monday to hopefully get some relief. She didn't wee over night so that is postiive but when I was comforting her when she was coughing it really hit me that she is very old and isn't my baby anymore sad.

She has lasted for DD's birthday but I am not sure she will make her own sad.

I have just put a towel on the sofa for her to sit on, just in case, but she wasn't impressed and has jumped down on to the floor.

My cat is getting to the end of her life and I am not sure I will ever get over it blush.

She means the world to me, is the only thing in the world that is 100% mine, and I will miss her so much.

JustFabulous Sat 17-Nov-12 18:53:11

Oh I definitely love her more than him.....

grin

JustFabulous Wed 05-Dec-12 18:53:02

FABCat is still with us smile. Still sometimes weeing where she shoudn't, still ripping up paper, still bossing us about. Has started going upstairs at night to guard the kids and has managed to jump up on to my bed a few times.

What concerns me is when she sits down sometimes she has her paw up. It is what I taught her to do as a kitten and she does it sometimes when I am about to feed her but this seems random. I thought she was asking for food but I am wondering if it is because she needs to rest it. She has shaky legs too.

Horsemad Wed 05-Dec-12 20:12:35

Hey * JustFab* good to hear FabCat is ok. Mine did similar with the paw, think she'd lift it to wash & then forget what she'd been doing.

Yy to the shaky legs also - prob an age thing?

JustFabulous Wed 05-Dec-12 20:45:03

I don't think it is a plan to wash and forgot thing as she washes when she is laid down normally but I do think it is something we won't guess the reason for. Like with her tearing up paper. I am less worried about the shaky legs as I think that is to be expected when she is 18 and has arthritis.

Horsemad Wed 05-Dec-12 20:50:24

When does she tear up paper? Mine never did that, I'm intrigued smile

JustFabulous Wed 05-Dec-12 20:56:16

When? Whenever anyone is daft enough to leave any on the floor or the sofa!!

So far,

newspapers torn before being read - 1 or 2.
Recipes torn from magazines - 6
homework - 1
Lego list of missing pieces - 3.

JustFabulous Wed 05-Dec-12 20:58:29

When she was a kitten she liked to sit on papers and flick through them. Speed reading, clearly. Now she just rips them up.

Horsemad Wed 05-Dec-12 21:04:11

Aw! I had a dog years ago that shredded anything that came through the letter box.

cozietoesie Thu 06-Dec-12 10:21:12

OK - so how did the teacher react to 'The cat ate my homework' ?

(I bet that one made the staff room!)

grin

JustFabulous Sat 08-Dec-12 20:49:53

Rather boringly we were able to get another sheet printed off so DD neveer confessed.

FABCat is getting more barmy as time goes on.

cozietoesie Sun 09-Dec-12 10:06:41

Shame. I was rather looking forward to the tale of DD confessing.

I have to say that I rather got the impression that FABCat started off pretty barmy as it was!

grin

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 13:46:01

shockshock

She's currently in the doghouse for weeing on the carpet and DS2 is with her for leaving Wiggy Piggy Fireman on the floor where she weed.

Horsemad Sun 09-Dec-12 18:17:07

Aaah, she didn't mean it bless her smile

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 18:21:12

DH put her out so when he went to get the wet hoover I told DD to let her back in!

Just now she was sniffing around the area so I went to check and again he said to put her out so she can "go." He'll be put out next!

Horsemad Sun 09-Dec-12 18:27:59

Quite right! She's a Little Old Lady Cat & needs TLC grin

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 18:43:17

She is fast asleep in the sofa and the way she is laid makes her look so cute.

I so wish I knew how to post a photo as I would love to share her with you all.

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 19:13:38

MIAOW MIAOW

I think DH has been able to upload a photo of Miss FABCat. It doesn't capture her full gorgeousness as he look it on my netbook and she wasn't impressed at being woken up, but we have tried.

Horsemad Sun 09-Dec-12 19:15:57

You need to make your profile public JustFab.

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 19:27:17

I think I have done it now.

Horsemad Sun 09-Dec-12 19:43:27

Still can't see it JustFab sad

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 19:51:18

I will try again.

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 19:55:01
Horsemad Sun 09-Dec-12 20:03:07

Oooh, when I clicked on that, it opened MY profile page!! shock

JustFabulous Sun 09-Dec-12 20:06:21

WHen I clicked it opened mine confused.

Horsemad Sun 09-Dec-12 20:09:27

That's weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now